Recent problems

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Recent problems

Post by markopoloman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Over the past days there has been an ongoing problem with certain members, reports of other people using multiple accounts and people reporting other members for what would normally be seen as just a silly comment.
There is not going to be any cover ups, no cloak n dagger rubbish.

Minerals does exist (I have met him) and he is Kieren's (Laird) Brother. Laird & minerals have different ip addresses. I have to admit that I missed all of the posts that were deleted and didn't get to see what was going on, but beyond minerals removing his posts (after an argument with Laird), I cannot see any evidence of Laird logging in as his brother.
Minerals will stay banned though. This whole thing will be looked into further just to clarify matters.

Sephiroth81 is no longer banned. His banning was due to not getting the full story to the mod team - and this is an open apology from the mods - Sorry Seph! .

I don't think we are overly hard on the members here and although mistakes can happen, I hope that the forum and its members can all move on and, dare I say it... be friendly to each other.

Finally I will add a copy of something Darran wrote back in 2012:

Postby Darran@Retro Gamer on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 am
I am getting sick to the back teeth of certain individuals hammering their opinions onto other people and totally derailing threads for seemingly the sheer fun of it. We are losing valuable members of the community because certain individuals (who I won't name because I'm nice like that) seem incapable of understanding that other individuals have different viewpoints and likes to their own.

In future anyone who is seen as trolling will immediately be given a week ban ban for their first strike, a three week ban for their second and a permanent ban if they continue to upset other members. This is relevant to all members, new and old and also staff members and freelancers.

The Retro Gamer forum used to be a really nice place to hang out, but now it appears to be nothing more than a playground for certain bullies to push others around, and I've been fair too easy on them. You have all been warned...



If you respond to this, please keep it clean and calm. No accusations, name calling or pointing fingers. Thanks, Marko
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: Recent problems

Post by silvergunner » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Bit of a whirlwind situation that's made most people think "what?"

Reading between the lines, in minerals attempts at sticking up for his brother it seems he stuck his nose where it was not wanted. Not being there in the past and only being a regular visitor for the last couple of years I must admit I will miss a lot of what laird posted. The collection of soundtracks being one highlight.

I certainly did not agree with everything he said but that's life and I hope he feels up to returning one day and contributing to the place.

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Recent problems

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:54 am

markopoloman wrote:
Sephiroth81 is no longer banned. His banning was due to not getting the full story to the mod team - and this is an open apology from the mods - Sorry Seph! .
Thanks Marko and no dramas, glad its been resolved.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25020
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Recent problems

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:47 am

But what about peas?

I DEMAND PEAS AMONG THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM!!
Its December for Christ sake

Err I mean for heavens sake

I mean for goodness sake

CHEER UP ITS NOT AS S**T as the weather is and stop flicking peas about it all

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: Recent problems

Post by Rayne » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:04 am

Gaming is always going to be divisive, people have their own opinions and defend them passionately. I think if we can spend less time arguing the superiority of one platform v the other and more time looking at what we actually ENJOY the forum would be a much nicer place.
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25020
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Recent problems

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:05 am

Rayne wrote:Gaming is always going to be divisive, people have their own opinions and defend them passionately. I think if we can spend less time arguing the superiority of one platform v the other and more time looking at what we actually ENJOY the forum would be a much nicer place.
You say that, but I still say the Action Max is a load of tosh

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Recent problems

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 am

Rayne wrote:Gaming is always going to be divisive, people have their own opinions and defend them passionately. I think if we can spend less time arguing the superiority of one platform v the other and more time looking at what we actually ENJOY the forum would be a much nicer place.
Ha, I wish the only issues/differences on this forum were because of Sony vs nintendo vs MS fanboys! :P Sounds like a dream!

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Recent problems

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:30 am

Have to admit that I missed the bulk of it all. I was in Edinburgh Xmas shopping.

walked right back into a load of drama.

flatapex
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent problems

Post by flatapex » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:40 am

I missed loads of what went on, but can see both sides, siblings always want to stick up for eachother and sometimes the sibling being defended wants to fight their own battles.

That's enough common sense from me.
Image

User avatar
David
Posts: 3877
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: Recent problems

Post by David » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:45 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Have to admit that I missed the bulk of it all. I was in Edinburgh Xmas shopping.

walked right back into a load of drama.
i missed it all too. stupid shifts.

on a side note - how awesome is the Edinburgh Xmas funfair/market?

had a walk round on my lunch break last week. goig to take the kids on Xmas eve.

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Recent problems

Post by stvd » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:50 am

Edinburgh is a no-go zone since the bridge was shut.
The trains are mental - never seen anything like it.



[ps]
how long will this inquiry take and will the findings be made public?
PSJ has already stated that they "know who it was"??
Last edited by stvd on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26905
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Recent problems

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:50 am

markopoloman wrote:minerals removing his posts (after an argument with Laird)
Who'd have thunk it would all end with an argument with Laird? Oh, the irony :lol:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25020
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Recent problems

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 am

Ariatiriad2097 wrote:
markopoloman wrote:minerals removing his posts (after an argument with Laird)
Who'd have thunk it would all end with an argument with Laird? Oh, the irony :lol:
And not one person miss spelt his name

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Recent problems

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 am

David wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:Have to admit that I missed the bulk of it all. I was in Edinburgh Xmas shopping.

walked right back into a load of drama.
i missed it all too. stupid shifts.

on a side note - how awesome is the Edinburgh Xmas funfair/market?

had a walk round on my lunch break last week. goig to take the kids on Xmas eve.
Its brilliant, the GF loves it. its been a tradition for the last 3 years now.

spent £1200 in 3 days. :shock:

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: Recent problems

Post by gman72 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:13 am

In this instance I was at a loss to explain Sephiroth's banning and am glad that has been resolved, as for Minerals whether it was him posting on that profile or not whoever it was utterly derailed my perfectly innocent and genuine attempt to spread a little xmas warmth amongst our merry band and I'm happy with the banning of that particular profile.

MPM is there any chance of having my Can't we all get thread reopened now?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests