Has anyone ever sold off their RG collection?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

STranger81

Re: Has anyone ever sold off their RG collection?

Post by STranger81 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:46 am

When the wife was pregnant my games room was becoming the nursery so I just wanted them out of the way. I sold about 6 years worth for 60 quid. I never used to read any cover to cover, or re read any articles, so it made sense to get them gone.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:00 pm

I have every issue and have no plans to get rid of any. They make a nice collection and I do like to go and have a flick through the old issues. I get a bit of pressure from my wife to clear out and I have to pacify her by selling or giving bits and bobs away. RG mags have and will survive any purges!

dste

Post by dste » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:28 pm

I have some for sale in my sale thread as I most likely won't read those particular issues again.

I'm just going to keep the ones that interest me the most.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 am

I've got all of mine, need a new shelf as its filled up (and bowing badly). The mags great as you can go back to a past issue and read up on some article you might not have read the first time.

I'm a 'skimmer' so tend to read a few articles each month which stand out, i'll go back to those other ones eventually. I buy all the specials/annuals/bookazines on my phone but still get the paper version every month (dirt cheap, cant believe some people cancel their subscription when its sooooo cheap).

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:05 am

I feel we should donate these to dentist and doctors surgery's across the country, so we have something of substance to read whilst waiting, rather than "celeb goss" or other trivial nonsense that we would rather not learn. Or worse, a 2 week old Daily Mail newspaper.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:37 am

Not RG but I have gotten rid of a few collections before, either in the early days of ebay or to the tip. Don't really regret it, although I do wish I hadn't thrown away a box of various gaming mags a few years ago.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:40 am

I sold 1 to 17 when ebay was giving great prices. Since then I've hoarded every issue from 19 on.
Thoughts and prayers.

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 am

I read mine and bin them these days. Used to collect and keep every issue but sold a big pile of years ago for next to nothing. They hardly keep their value like most mags unless there's something special on the cover, like a gift.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius