Paris under attack

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: Paris under attack

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 am

The Beans wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote: Its almost like he has an image of what he wants to be, but can't quite maintain it long enough.
A frailty that's in us all I'm sure.

It's a non-argument really. The Daily Mail are going to play the muslim nastiness up, folk like Seph will always want to play it down. Never the twain shall meet.

As long as it all isn't swept under the carpet things will turn out right in the end. Probably.

Therin lies the problem, sources like the daily mail are going to stir things up, but as a reaction people like Seph are going to lean to far the other way and pretend nothings happening.

Then the rest of us in the middle who can see the idiocy on both sides get attacked from both sides for not completely falling in line with their particular over zealous take on the situation.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:I think you first need to admit you may have a problem and are acting rather obsessively towards me.

You've done your overused drugs rant theory, and dragging up innocuous posts and arguments from 2014 - its time to probably give it a rest for the forum, for me, and for your own well being. This really isn't normal.
Bloody hell mate, calm down. go vape or something and come back when your blood pressure has dropped.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:05 am

RodimusPrime wrote: Bloody hell mate, calm down. go vape or something and come back when your blood pressure has dropped.
So now you want to feed my apparent drug habit by encouraging me to partake in it? I think maybe you don't have my best interests at heart! :P

I'm not sure drug-counselling is your thing...

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:06 am

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:21 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Seph is this really you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DG97dAVZns
I used to like South Park.

I'm beginning to think I was wrong to not put you on ignore. I don't want my membership on this forum to be defined by a daft relationship with you, just as your membership is defined by your childish bickering relationship with me.

Its tempting at times to use the ignore button, especially when you clearly have such an issue with me. I would be doing everyone a favour by doing so (including both you and me) but sometimes I just can't help but defend myself from your crazed distortions against me. Its a weakness but surely only natural - I can't let you spread your twisted view on me without some riposte.

Note that I've not reported you at all within this latest outburst by you, as Marko mentioned earlier this morning, when it was obvious I really could, and maybe should have done. Worryingly, I've actually quite enjoyed sparring with you, even though its wrong and just feeding your own problems and inadequacies. This is a true bad habit!

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 am

Thing is Seph. I argue with you a lot. You have issues with a few people on here. That says everything you need to know.

You are the only person I have a real issue with on this forum, You however seem to thing there is a clique or gang picking on you. I am a hot tempered stubborn person I admit, but If I am so bad then why is it not me that has run ins constantly with various other forum members.

For all my faults, as you have pointed out, why am I so much better than you at avoiding arguments with everyone else.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Thing is Seph. I argue with you a lot. You have issues with a few people on here. That says everything you need to know.

You are the only person I have a real issue with on this forum, You however seem to thing there is a clique or gang picking on you. I am a hot tempered stubborn person I admit, but If I am so bad then why is it not me that has run ins constantly with various other forum members.

For all my faults, as you have pointed out, why am I so much better than you at avoiding arguments with everyone else.
Ok, now we can talk like reasonable adults.

Most of the issues I've had with others either go WAY back (and often are left back in the past - like with gman and laird for example), or are with people who are hardly the shy and retiring types. Most of the arguments though are usually just bickering about politics or specific things. With you it tends to descend into stupidity and chaos like this thread has recently demonstrated. You are similar, I've seen you argue and debate with others on here - and I'm not criticising you for that, but don't "sex up the dossier" and suggest that its only me you've had run ins with or aggravate. Its simply not true. Lets accept that we are both perhaps not the most universally popular posters on this forum.

Arguing/debating isn't the issue - forums are quite ok with these kinds of discussions. Its the very personal attacks that this forum doesn't need. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I have mellowed a lot since 2014 on this forum and not as combative, but you have raised the bar on the personal attacks in this thread. Saying you are "hot headed" etc is not an excuse to continually use personal attacks on me. We don't know one another, so shouldn't be resorting to making things up, or basing them on twisted accounts of each other. I think I have behaved fairly well towards you here, perhaps i've slipped up on occasions with subtle digs, but you have been fairly relentless. Its a good thing for both of us my skin isn't wafer thin.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:03 am

My issue with you is not how you act with me. Its the hypocritical way you impose standards on other people and completely ognore those very same standards when it suits you.

All the digs, sly remarks and insults don't bother me one little bit, its when after you have done them you have the cheek to tell everyone else there is no need.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:26 am

RodimusPrime wrote:My issue with you is not how you act with me. Its the hypocritical way you impose standards on other people and completely ognore those very same standards when it suits you.

All the digs, sly remarks and insults don't bother me one little bit, its when after you have done them you have the cheek to tell everyone else there is no need.
I respectfully disagree with your assessment of me, and feel you are merely demonising me because of a petty grudge (and often use shaky examples from a long time ago to try and justify it).

I rarely resort to full blown personal insults like you do, and when I do, its not without provocation. I seem to spend most time on here either defending myself against personal attacks or defending minorities. I don't consider myself perfect, but in the grand scheme of things, am overall a decent, moral human being. Being called hypocritical for on occasions robustly defending myself or minorities won't make me lose sleep at night.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:he was expressing the way he felt about the police and the media... he was expressing the way he felt about the police and the media... this man was expressing his freedom of speech,
Negative free speech, making generalisations about people they don't know, wouldn't that be hate speech? Or is negative free speech only hate speech when you do it about a minority? If he's so into free speech he shouldn't have a problem with other people telling him him and his religion is full of crap. But he would probably say he was offended and call that hate speech.
Sephiroth81 wrote:we don't know fully how nasty he actually was towards a woman. Innocent until proven guilty.
Well ok then, fair enough, he hasn't been proved guilty, and if he was only a little bit nasty that's ok. We should actually have more Muslim preachers on our streets passing mild judgement on infidels they don't know. I'm sure what really happened was she objected to him he complementing the curve of her sexy hips beautifully show off by her tight jeans. I'm sure Islam's strict code of conduct and dress for women had nothing to do with it.
Sephiroth81 wrote:Tens of thousands of brits (muslim or not) have "screamed" at police - that doesn't make them inherently evil or "non-peaceful". The guy may have been emotional, its far too quick to judge a man and his life based on a stupid incident, but you carry on condemning people and enforcing your stereotypes.

Your standards of "non-peaceful" is basically too high (and unrealistic about humans in general), just so you can create an argument against muslims.
The muslims are the ones claiming their religion is a religion of peace, not me. Did his 'peaceful' actions (him being an Islamic preacher) calm the situation or inflame it?

As I've said many times my argument is against Islam, not muslims.
Sephiroth81 wrote:The language you have used is an example of your bias. I'm under no illusion that all muslims that don't wear suicide vests are not all perfect, but this applies to every single group you can mention. I could find many of the comments on this forum by many posters to be "non-peaceful". Lets stop getting pedantic though just for the sake of an argument as we can easily apply the same rules to every "group".
I know other groups can be bad too, but we're talking here about Islam, and how it influences Muslims. Non-muslims have demonstrated poor attitudes towards women for example, so why then you ask should we consider and criticise Islam if a Muslim does it? Because it's in the religion. Islam is full of disagreeable statements about women, condoning domestic violence for example. So if muslims are harrassing women in the street over their dress, or sexually assulting them, it's only natural to look at Islam as a potential cultural factor. This is not the same as saying all Muslims are anti-woman, it is saying Islam might very well be influencing those that are.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:Its lucky you don't also work for Lloyds Bank as well, otherwise you'd be super brexit mad
Its widely known that Lloyds were planning job cuts way before Brexit as a direct result of the decline of High Street face to face banking. They have chosen to slap the Brexit banner on this in the same manner that Richard Branson did when some deal or other went sour.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Well, what a train wreck of a thread. Just stick each other on ignore and get on with your lives. A very close friend of mine died this evening and I really can't be arsed with sorting this mess out.
If you can't sort it all out within the next few posts, this thread will be locked.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:22 am

markopoloman wrote:Well, what a train wreck of a thread. Just stick each other on ignore and get on with your lives. A very close friend of mine died this evening and I really can't be arsed with sorting this mess out.
If you can't sort it all out within the next few posts, this thread will be locked.
Sorry to hear about this Marko. It puts stuff into perspective.

I've put him on ignore now, life is indeed too short for this kind of crap.