Paris under attack

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: Paris under attack

Post by gman72 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:18 pm

pratty wrote:
gman72 wrote:Please, do carry on with your interesting, informative and utterly engrossing debate. :D
No need for sarcasm mate, what's the problem?

I didn't realise we're here for everyone's entertainment, I'm sorry it's not good enough for everyone else to read.
Well you are on a public forum so technically you are here for everyone's entertainment and I'm allowed to express my opinion on the debate equally as much as you're allowed to contribute to it, am I not? It's not that the debate is not good enough it's just the same, standard, cyclical I-THINK-YOURE-WRONG-BUT-I-CONCEDE-YOUR-POINT tooing and throwing that occurs between the usual people on any subject from religion to whatever in the off topic section.

That said, I have no personal ill will to you, pratty, and never have so, as I said (but this time without the sarcasm), please do carry on. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:21 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
pratty wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:I am just wondering how this turned out to be a debate on gun control in America.
That would be my fault. But forget America, the concept of armed cilivilans anywhere is hardly off topic when discussing cities under attack.
If you are suggesting that places like the UK, France, Germany etc are better off allowing citizens to be armed then I am afraid I would have to disagree.
That's fine, I was just floating the option out there, didn't expect it to be popular. :lol:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Germany v Holland match called off and stadium evacuated, suspicious package/bomb threat.

we are going to see much more of this.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:27 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Germany v Holland match called off and stadium evacuated, suspicious package/bomb threat.

Wonder if England V France will go ahead tonight, or they'll find a suspicious McDonalds paper bag under a seat and call it off, thus letting the terrorists win. The Islamic State could win the world cup by default at this rate. FEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 pm

gman72 wrote:I'm allowed to express my opinion on the debate equally as much as you're allowed to contribute to it, am I not?
Absolutely, I just think the sarcasm was unnecesarry when all I did was ask you to elaborate further on your opinion of the debate and agreed with Seph that we weren't bickering but having a civilised debate, albeit of low quality apparently.

It was actually sscott's comments that I found more condescending (and not for the first time), no hard feelings towards you either.

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:33 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Germany v Holland match called off and stadium evacuated, suspicious package/bomb threat.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, with people being on high alert after Friday, any package/bag left even accidently for any small amount of time will be treated with suspicion.

The other problem is a bomb scare with or without a suspect package will be some sick idiot's idea of a joke, so it could be that.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 pm

pratty wrote:

Hopefully it's nothing serious, with people being on high alert after Friday, any package/bag left even accidently for any small amount of time will be treated with suspicion.

The other problem is a bomb scare with or without a suspect package will be some sick idiot's idea of a joke, so it could be that.
latest reports are of a vehicle made to look like some kind of ambulance and filled with explosives! :shock: not been confirmed yet I don't think

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:39 pm

The Beans wrote:
Shinobi wrote: Link us to your facebook page I'm sure Beans would love to see what you look like:)
WTf?
Why the Jimminny Johnson would I give the slightest toss about what seph looks like? Has stuff been deleted in here or something. What have I missed?
Seph said he doesn't post personal information because of you Beans, maybe he thinks your go to his house and give him a thick lip or something.. In a previous thread he said a group of Bully Boys consisting of yourself (Beans) , Hot Rod and G Man Fred and Haylcon Daze bully him..

I think your the funniest poster here I used to cry with laughter and the absolute sharp tongue you lashed Seph with

Here's a picture of me last Halloween if your interested

[img]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Seph said he doesn't post personal information because of you Beans, maybe he thinks your go to his house and give him a thick lip or something.. In a previous thread he said a group of Fascist Bully Boys consisting of yourself (Beans) , Hot Rod and G Man not sure who the other two members are,('d hazard a guess Fred and Haylcon Daze) He also mentioned in the secret Santa he didn't want Beans getting his address :oops: and the bullying campaign that you wage against him :shock:

I think your the funniest poster here I used to cry with laughter and the absolute sharp tongue you lashed Seph with
I don't have a huge problem with any of them (and i don't know "Fred" or had much interaction with him on the forums so wouldn't put him in any category). I thought this was behind us. Shinobi, you may be a couple of weeks too late, and about 5 months from when it was at its height and relevant!

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 pm

TBH I find it all a little tasteless that a thread regarding this topic has turned out this way.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:51 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:TBH I find it all a little tasteless that a thread regarding this topic has turned out this way.
Agreed, but on this occasion, you should point the finger at Shinobi this time.

Back on topic, now that we know the Russian passenger jet was taken down by an IS bomb, are we going to show the same compassion we are showing the french?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:00 pm

pratty wrote:
gman72 wrote:I'm allowed to express my opinion on the debate equally as much as you're allowed to contribute to it, am I not?
Absolutely, I just think the sarcasm was unnecesarry when all I did was ask you to elaborate further on your opinion of the debate and agreed with Seph that we weren't bickering but having a civilised debate, albeit of low quality apparently.

It was actually sscott's comments that I found more condescending (and not for the first time), no hard feelings towards you either.
Apologies for the sarcasm.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Germany's match tonight has been cancelled, reports are that a bomb was found in an ambulance outside

http://news.sky.com/story/1589396/germa ... ete-threat

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Delighted to see Wembly lit up in french colours and the English fans applaud the French anthem.

Instead iof seperate Team pics they are ataking a joint picture as well.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:07 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:Delighted to see Wembly lit up in french colours and the English fans applaud the French anthem.

Instead iof seperate Team pics they are ataking a joint picture as well.
Yeah sure, nice to see and all that.
As long as it doesn't leak onto the pitch though, eh? It's football and the frogs, we've got to thrash them.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.