It's xmaaaaaaaaaaaas! (well, soon-ish)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

greenberet79

Re: It's xmaaaaaaaaaaaas! (well, soon-ish)

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:07 am

The Beans wrote:The wife has got lots of christmas stuff sorted already but I prefer the more manly method of running around like a headless chicken on christmas eve for the presents I personally need to buy. There's just something about wild-eyed shopping panic that really makes you feel alive.

Haha yes. The cut and thrust on the shop floor!

I love christmas but hate shopping. But thanks - you've got me thinking about what I need to buy!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Curse you, David! Xmas is meant for December only! Bah - humbug! :wink: :lol:

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:59 pm

ha, i would have Xmas music on all year round if I didn't think it would result in my eventual divorce

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm partial to Jim Reeves Christmas Album myself. But only at christmas.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Apparently Christmas day is now just about the most popular shopping day of the year now the Internet rules, but sad really.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:29 am

The Beans wrote:The wife has got lots of christmas stuff sorted already but I prefer the more manly method of running around like a headless chicken on christmas eve for the presents I personally need to buy. There's just something about wild-eyed shopping panic that really makes you feel alive.

This. After the panic I always swear I'll do next year's Xmas shopping in January. Never do.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm excited for Christmas already.

Last year was crap because I had a swollen disk in my back which kicked in on the 23rd December which caused unbearable pain and resulted in me lying on the floor for the whole Christmas.

Plus on the 16th I got crazy stomach pains and had to go home from work, and visiting the doctors a few days later they found blood in my waz so over Christmas my sample was being examined at the lab so I was on pins the whole time, and the medication they gave me made me feel terrible.

So this year Im gagging for Christmas because I deserve a good one this year. It can't come soon enough!!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

David

Post by David » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

STranger81 wrote:I'm excited for Christmas already.

Last year was crap because I had a swollen disk in my back which kicked in on the 23rd December which caused unbearable pain and resulted in me lying on the floor for the whole Christmas.

Plus on the 16th I got crazy stomach pains and had to go home from work, and visiting the doctors a few days later they found blood in my waz so over Christmas my sample was being examined at the lab so I was on pins the whole time, and the medication they gave me made me feel terrible.

So this year Im gagging for Christmas because I deserve a good one this year. It can't come soon enough!!
yeeeeees, another excited Xmas nutter. that's two of us now :)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

STranger81 wrote:I'm excited for Christmas already.

you really do dude, my voice may have returned after a 3 month absence.

christmas nutter number 3 here, thinking of spending most of it with my feet up watching dvds

dste

Post by dste » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:28 pm

I hate the fact that the shops put out Christmas stuff so early but I have to admit that this year I've pretty much finished all my shopping already and am even considering wrapping everything soon so that it's done and dusted. :oops:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

David

Post by David » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:49 pm

jingle all the way, Santa clause the movie, both home alones and others all to be watched soon

love it

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:55 pm

David wrote:jingle all the way, Santa clause the movie, both home alones and others all to be watched soon

love it

Exactly what I watched last year! I have home alone 3 and 4 and lampoons Christmas vacation to watch this year as well :)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:11 pm

and the father ted christmas special.

its ireland's biggest lingerie section i hear :D

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:04 pm

booo christmas in october, cant we save it for dec 11 - 25 :P

only good christmas song i know is Woods of Trees - All i want for christmas is you.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:29 am

David wrote:jingle all the way, Santa clause the movie, both home alones and others all to be watched soon

love it
Watched Home Alone last weekend. I'd love to see a total amount of times I've seen that film. Must be around 100.

Last night I watched The Royle Family Christmas special from 2008. Classic. For me, it's the only Christmas special that rivals the Father Ted one.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81