It's xmaaaaaaaaaaaas! (well, soon-ish)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

David

It's xmaaaaaaaaaaaas! (well, soon-ish)

Post by David » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 am

finished the last of my Xmas shopping today :lol:

stick your Halloween and fireworks night, it is now the build up to Xmas and the Xmas tunes have been blasting from my phone all day

wizzard, mariah and shakey are my top 3. some people hate Xmas music. these people should be shunned.

HO HO HO!

Elgin_McQueen

Re: It's xmaaaaaaaaaaaas! (well, soon-ish)

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Last? I've not even started!
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 pm

We are normally done by this time of year, but with micro Rocky coming along it will take a little longer. Should be done by end of November. Shopping in December at all is a nightmare
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

David

Post by David » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:20 pm

all wrapped now as well.

boof. done.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Not particularly feeling it this year, hopefully I'll be in a better mood nearer the time. Haven't even thought about shopping yet! :lol:

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:39 pm

I've been putting away a little each month so the X-Mas shopping won't hurt the bank! I've already got some great gift ideas in mind, though I won't actually be buying them till sometime in December. The only tricky part is getting my stuff delivered in Canada at decent times.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Too soon! You're as bad as the shops David!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Last? I've not even started!
Judging by your avatar, it's always Christmas when you post! :lol:

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:21 pm

I've started my christmas prep already, because there is something weird about me.
I refuse to go in shops in december unless there are notable exceptions:
1. I need a haircut, christmas meat or other essentials that are time sensitive and would be inferior if ordered online.
2. I am going somewhere that does not have a christmas rush
3. I am involved in a secret santa volunteered by or run by myself (i run 3 a year and take part here too)
4. I am doing something for someone not in a position to be able to do their own shopping.

You would be surprised how little i have to leave the house in december except for work. I also buy something every week towards xmas starting in october, this weekend was a box of real ale which i will give to my dad, he will get a proper present too.

David

Post by David » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Megamixer wrote:Too soe as bad as the shops David!
the shops just now have halloween stuff next to Xmas stuff

I agree with wizzard, I honestly wish it was Xmas every day :)

I love all the shops full of.Xmas stuff and the Xmas music videos on the telly

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:43 am

You lot are crazy ! Thought it was only a few select women who do their shopping months in advance ;)

What happens if theres a toy/present which hasnt come out yet ? I tend to do my shopping in December and not at the last minute but getting it all done in October ?!? People not leaving the house in December unless its urgent ?!?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:32 am

I'm with you there. Christmas is in December, I don't even start thinking about it until then.

It makes my gut clench just thinking about christmas shopping, so it's delayed for as long as possible.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 am

psj3809 wrote:You lot are crazy ! Thought it was only a few select women who do their shopping months in advance ;)

What happens if theres a toy/present which hasnt come out yet ? I tend to do my shopping in December and not at the last minute but getting it all done in October ?!? People not leaving the house in December unless its urgent ?!?
I worked in retail for nearly a decade, i have memories of 12 hour days, for weeks on end.

I have memories of people fighting over turkey, and i mean full on coming to blows. And coming from a retail background there is very little that is new at christmas, aside from games, music etc and that gets preordered

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:57 am

The wife has got lots of christmas stuff sorted already but I prefer the more manly method of running around like a headless chicken on christmas eve for the presents I personally need to buy. There's just something about wild-eyed shopping panic that really makes you feel alive.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:12 pm

flatapex wrote:
psj3809 wrote:You lot are crazy ! Thought it was only a few select women who do their shopping months in advance ;)

I worked in retail for nearly a decade, i have memories of 12 hour days, for weeks on end.

I have memories of people fighting over turkey, and i mean full on coming to blows. And coming from a retail background there is very little that is new at christmas, aside from games, music etc and that gets preordered
Working in wholesale is much the same. Christmas just means more stock, more chaos and more complaints. People have months in advance to order things like turkeys and crackers yet expect to rock up just before closing on Christmas Eve and have everything still available in huge quantities :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.