Secret Santa 2015

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

subzero

Re: Secret Santa 2015

Post by subzero » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:49 am

not to upset my SS but......4 pairs of character socks, i hate character socks!!! I have a drawer full of unused character socks!!! :(

a book about the speccy and a hulk (marvel)puzzle

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:53 am

Should have just kept the socks secret and used them as fodder for next Christmas like you usually do. :)

subzero

Post by subzero » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:21 am

samhain81 wrote:Should have just kept the socks secret and used them as fodder for next Christmas like you usually do. :)
damn, never thought of that lol

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:20 am

I got loads of things! Thanks Santa :D The jelly beans were delicious (except the pink ones). Can't wait to try out the games!

Merry Christmas everyone.

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:50 am

ianpmarks wrote:Thank you Secret Santa... I got an incredible pile of gifts.
A Donkey Kong Junior Keyring
A terrible games book
Salt and pepper space invaders shakers
A street fighter dvd
A ms pacman vcs cartridge
An all in one retro games controller
And a Binatone TV game!

Absolutely superb. I'm overwhelmed. Secret Santa you are a star!
Thank you.
You're welcome :-)

I'm very happy with my copy of Ready Player One and my Kirby playing cards. Thank you very much SS!
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:19 pm

theantmeister wrote:I got loads of things! Thanks Santa :D The jelly beans were delicious (except the pink ones). Can't wait to try out the games!

Merry Christmas everyone.
Knew I couldn't go wrong with jelly beans! :lol:

tachi

Post by tachi » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks to my secret santa for my Star Wars 2016 annual which my daughter will enjoy and Star Wars cup, much appreciated :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:58 pm

I got 3 mega drive games (just what I wanted)

Fantastic Dizzy
Cosmic Spacehead
Rolling Thunder 2

I would have been really happy with just one game but 3 :)

I even filmed myself un wrapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_NtFU3SpU
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Really hope my victim enjoyed theirs. Nothing so far ,but the season is young.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:23 pm

rocky1980 wrote:I got 3 mega drive games (just what I wanted)

Fantastic Dizzy
Cosmic Spacehead
Rolling Thunder 2

I would have been really happy with just one game but 3 :)

I even filmed myself un wrapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_NtFU3SpU
Please tell me you knew it was me :D

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:02 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:Just opened mine, what a great selection of stuff!
1) Multipack of double dip sweets, always a winner even if i know ill end up eating the stick then just pouring the fizzy stuff into my mouth with wreckless abandon
2) Super Mario Wallet, i like to change wallets quite often so that'll happily join the rotation
3) Retail version of Stuart Ashens wonderful book "Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of" i actually backed this project so i already have the backers edition, but this only goes to show how well my santa chose his items as i really do like the book and this copy will be great for helping get someone else into our money sucking hobby
4) A card, because is it really christmas without one? (it better be cos i didn't send one to mine lol)
Thank you very much to my not really all that secret santa, i'm very happy with my gifts

Merry Christmas everyone! and thanks for taking part in this years secret santa, now unfortunately for me it's back to my homework for the new job
Must admit to having a flick through the book as I'd never even heard of it before! Will be ordering a copy for myself. Glad you liked your not so secret santa :D

As for me...

Got a nice pile of goodies for the C64 (including Elite) and a VCS cart with a stick-it note saying I need to bum an Atari now :lol: Well, been meaning to get one so it is now moved up a slot on my 'want' list! Also in the Pile of goodies were some Retro Gamer mats and Flight Simulator for PC.

What a jolly good Secret Santa I had :D Not the faintest idea who you are though!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Many thanks for mine, certainly wasn't expecting so much. Courier may have left them in the "safe place" of my doorstep in the rain but luckily no damage

subzero

Post by subzero » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:16 pm

markopoloman wrote:
ReplayRetro wrote:Just opened mine, what a great selection of stuff!
1) Multipack of double dip sweets, always a winner even if i know ill end up eating the stick then just pouring the fizzy stuff into my mouth with wreckless abandon
2) Super Mario Wallet, i like to change wallets quite often so that'll happily join the rotation
3) Retail version of Stuart Ashens wonderful book "Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of" i actually backed this project so i already have the backers edition, but this only goes to show how well my santa chose his items as i really do like the book and this copy will be great for helping get someone else into our money sucking hobby
4) A card, because is it really christmas without one? (it better be cos i didn't send one to mine lol)
Thank you very much to my not really all that secret santa, i'm very happy with my gifts

Merry Christmas everyone! and thanks for taking part in this years secret santa, now unfortunately for me it's back to my homework for the new job
Must admit to having a flick through the book as I'd never even heard of it before! Will be ordering a copy for myself. Glad you liked your not so secret santa :D

As for me...

Got a nice pile of goodies for the C64 (including Elite) and a VCS cart with a stick-it note saying I need to bum an Atari now :lol: Well, been meaning to get one so it is now moved up a slot on my 'want' list! Also in the Pile of goodies were some Retro Gamer mats and Flight Simulator for PC.

What a jolly good Secret Santa I had :D Not the faintest idea who you are though!
ive no idea either :p

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Many thanks for mine, certainly wasn't expecting so much. Courier may have left them in the "safe place" of my doorstep in the rain but luckily no damage
You're not easy to read! The only thing I didn't include was something WWE related.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:13 pm

shiftytigger wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Many thanks for mine, certainly wasn't expecting so much. Courier may have left them in the "safe place" of my doorstep in the rain but luckily no damage
You're not easy to read! The only thing I didn't include was something WWE related.

I know it's something everyone says in these things, but I honestly would have been happy with anything. Thanks again!