Secret Santa 2015

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: Secret Santa 2015

Post by Rayne » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:40 am

Mine arrived today, just in the nick of time too! That'll be a nice surprise for Christmas, thank you santa :)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:12 am

just had a quick skim through all the posts mine has recived theres jsut hopimng they got both parcels that have been sent will find out on xmas day or therfore after anyway its getting exciting now i love the bit where we all talk about what we got and the reveals e.c.t its what keepes me coeming back year after year haha i even found my self today thinking about possible ideas for SS 2016 :lol:
This guy are sick

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 am

stayAwhile wrote:just had a quick skim through all the posts mine has recived theres jsut hopimng they got both parcels that have been sent will find out on xmas day or therfore after anyway its getting exciting now i love the bit where we all talk about what we got and the reveals e.c.t its what keepes me coeming back year after year haha i even found my self today thinking about possible ideas for SS 2016 :lol:
erm.. 1st on the left?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:24 pm

gman72 wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:just had a quick skim through all the posts mine has recived theres jsut hopimng they got both parcels that have been sent will find out on xmas day or therfore after anyway its getting exciting now i love the bit where we all talk about what we got and the reveals e.c.t its what keepes me coeming back year after year haha i even found my self today thinking about possible ideas for SS 2016 :lol:
erm.. 1st on the left?
huh? gotta say you've lsot me there
This guy are sick

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:38 am

So... what did everyone get then?

I had:
- a very nice and superbly detailed Mega Drive key ring. I actually needed one so this is perfect! :mrgreen:
- a black T-shirt with the slogan "Shaving Is For Pussies" on it. I'm guessing it's because I have a beard - I mean, I'm sure that statement can't be read in any other way, nosiree bob... :wink:
- two PSP games - R-Type Tactics and Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins

Thank you... whoever you are! :lol:

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:54 am

Liamh1982 wrote:So... what did everyone get then?

I had:
- a very nice and superbly detailed Mega Drive key ring. I actually needed one so this is perfect! :mrgreen:
- a black T-shirt with the slogan "Shaving Is For Pussies" on it. I'm guessing it's because I have a beard - I mean, I'm sure that statement can't be read in any other way, nosiree bob... :wink:

Merry Christmas my friend, hope they are all OK. :)

Unfortunately I didn't receive my gift in time so I can't share the good news yet. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:15 am

Just opened mine, what a great selection of stuff!
1) Multipack of double dip sweets, always a winner even if i know ill end up eating the stick then just pouring the fizzy stuff into my mouth with wreckless abandon
2) Super Mario Wallet, i like to change wallets quite often so that'll happily join the rotation
3) Retail version of Stuart Ashens wonderful book "Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of" i actually backed this project so i already have the backers edition, but this only goes to show how well my santa chose his items as i really do like the book and this copy will be great for helping get someone else into our money sucking hobby
4) A card, because is it really christmas without one? (it better be cos i didn't send one to mine lol)
Thank you very much to my not really all that secret santa, i'm very happy with my gifts

Merry Christmas everyone! and thanks for taking part in this years secret santa, now unfortunately for me it's back to my homework for the new job
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 am

stayAwhile wrote:
gman72 wrote:
erm.. 1st on the left?
huh? gotta say you've lsot me there
Lol no offence, but your post doesn't make much sense. Happy xmas.
Thoughts and prayers.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:29 am

I think a fellow btcc fan sent to me.

I got a giant candy cane and a copy of scar on ps2 (a racing game devoted to alfa romeo cars)
Attached to the game was a handwritten note with a btcc reference on there which means they either did a lot of btcc research or they are a fan too. Muchos gracias :)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:45 am

Thank you secret Santa , some good research went into this.

1. 'Classically trained' t shirt with Sega console line up. Looking forward to wearing this.
2. Megadrive console keyring. Awesome. My lego keyring needed replacing.
3. Might and Magic for Megadrive. Now thats what im talking about , a game to check out my new Retron 5 with which is a welcome addition to the collection and also really handy as im at my sister in laws , where my megadrive isnt.

Great stuff , thank you.

Hope my victim enjoys theirs too.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:50 am

I got a new mug. A Zzap64 mug no less!

Secret Santa, you ROCK. 8)

Merry Christmas all :D

ianpmarks

Post by ianpmarks » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:26 am

Thank you Secret Santa... I got an incredible pile of gifts.
A Donkey Kong Junior Keyring
A terrible games book
Salt and pepper space invaders shakers
A street fighter dvd
A ms pacman vcs cartridge
An all in one retro games controller
And a Binatone TV game!

Absolutely superb. I'm overwhelmed. Secret Santa you are a star!
Thank you.
Last edited by ianpmarks on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:35 am

Great bundle of stuff from my SS.

An ace Pacman 'Abbey Road' T-shirt
A selection of DVDs I like (incluing the Monty Python comeback tour which I can't wait to watch)
And a fab mini-NES handheld console

Thanks very much whoever you are! :D
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:52 am

Very nice selection of stuff, thanks SS!

Adipose stress toy
Star Wars Top Trumps
Swanky US Gold book

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:57 am

Liamh1982 wrote:So... what did everyone get then?

I had:

Not me but I really like Rtype Tactics - novel spin on my favourite shootemup