Secret Santa 2015

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

rocky1980

Re: Secret Santa 2015

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:34 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
I got 3 mega drive games (just what I wanted)

Fantastic Dizzy
Cosmic Spacehead
Rolling Thunder 2

I would have been really happy with just one game but 3 :)

I even filmed myself un wrapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_NtFU3SpU

Please tell me you knew it was me :D

Thanks mate, I have been after Dizzy on the MD for ages :)
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:
I got 3 mega drive games (just what I wanted)

Fantastic Dizzy
Cosmic Spacehead
Rolling Thunder 2

I would have been really happy with just one game but 3 :)

I even filmed myself un wrapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_NtFU3SpU

Please tell me you knew it was me :D

Thanks mate, I have been after Dizzy on the MD for ages :)
As soon as I saw I got you i wondered if you had dizzy lol

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:50 am

nothing from my recipent has been posted yet but i hope they enjoyed it. it was just a couple of little thigns as i had problems with the main 2 items but rest assured if you feel a bit dissapoint i have more things planned.

thank you secret santa(although i have a feeling i knwo who it is) I got a tardis soap 2 doctor who stackable min figures(the 11th doctor and a yellow new paradime dalek) doctor who:more short tales of which so far i have read 3 stories from and am on my 4th the doctor who episode guide(now this one i do have but i use it for reffernce al the time so my old copy is a bit worse for ware so thank you for a crisp new copy :D) and a k-9 tshirt. thank you santa.

I had a very doctor who xmas too as Ms StayAwhile got me a dr who shakespear book and a 1975 dalek and i watched the dr who speical on tv plus for my birthday in 4 days time i'm getting the first short tales book and dr who the ultimate adventure on cd if thjey arrive on time so needless to say my secret santa got it spot on. fantastic :D
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:26 am

I received a Tetris Bop-It which I have yet to properly look at as everytime I try to my 2 year old runs off with it to play with. At least it's getting its moneys worth of usage. :lol:

Cheers Santa. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:02 pm

stayAwhile wrote:nothing from my recipent has been posted yet but i hope they enjoyed it. it was just a couple of little thigns as i had problems with the main 2 items but rest assured if you feel a bit dissapoint i have more things planned.

thank you secret santa(although i have a feeling i knwo who it is) I got a tardis soap 2 doctor who stackable min figures(the 11th doctor and a yellow new paradime dalek) doctor who:more short tales of which so far i have read 3 stories from and am on my 4th the doctor who episode guide(now this one i do have but i use it for reffernce al the time so my old copy is a bit worse for ware so thank you for a crisp new copy :D) and a k-9 tshirt. thank you santa.

I had a very doctor who xmas too as Ms StayAwhile got me a dr who shakespear book and a 1975 dalek and i watched the dr who speical on tv plus for my birthday in 4 days time i'm getting the first short tales book and dr who the ultimate adventure on cd if thjey arrive on time so needless to say my secret santa got it spot on. fantastic :D
Glad you liked it :)

I got a Spiderman DVD, Geek Quiz DVD game, some awesome ninja star coat hangers, a Yoshi figure and some PAc Man magnets

Awesome stuff all round.
Going Solo...................

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:12 pm

I got a Spiderman DVD, Geek Quiz DVD game, some awesome ninja star coat hangers, a Yoshi figure and some PAc Man magnets

Awesome stuff all round.
Glad you like the stuff mate, I was going to keep the coat hangers for myself but you got them :) hope you liked the card also
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:20 pm

rocky1980 wrote:

Awesome stuff all round.
Glad you like the stuff mate, I was going to keep the coat hangers for myself but you got them :) hope you liked the card also
Ahh yes! Thanks so much mate :)
Going Solo...................

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:21 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:nothing from my recipent has been posted yet but i hope they enjoyed it. it was just a couple of little thigns as i had problems with the main 2 items but rest assured if you feel a bit dissapoint i have more things planned.

Glad you liked it :)

Awesome stuff all round.
thought it was you haha you left a little clue in the short trips book in tyhe form of a buisness car sixed slip of paper with a leper king log and facebook url, which is my book mark for it when i'm half way through a short story should also be good for the moorecomb and wise books of Ms StayAwhile as well. hope you had a good xmas mate
This guy are sick

NickLoTurco10

Post by NickLoTurco10 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:53 am

subzero wrote:not to upset my SS but......4 pairs of character socks, i hate character socks!!! I have a drawer full of unused character socks!!! :(

a book about the speccy and a hulk (marvel)puzzle
Well it's the thought that counts ;) That puzzle had been in the family since 1979, the year I was born....so it was a wrench to give it away. One mans rubbish was another mans treasure :)

Let's all be grateful this Christmas x
Please visit my blog page http://www.hitthesport.wordpress.com

Amiga 1200, Blizzard IV, WHDload-massive!

NickLoTurco10

Post by NickLoTurco10 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:36 am

Oh and thanks to my secret santa! I got some Christmassy chocolates, a nifty old pinball game and an amazing paceman heat responsive mug which I've been tempted to get for a while :) Adds a nice twist to the evening.
Please visit my blog page http://www.hitthesport.wordpress.com

Amiga 1200, Blizzard IV, WHDload-massive!

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:56 pm

NickLoTurco10 wrote:Oh and thanks to my secret santa! I got some Christmassy chocolates, a nifty old pinball game and an amazing paceman heat responsive mug which I've been tempted to get for a while :) Adds a nice twist to the evening.
I'm pleased that you like them. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

tachi

Post by tachi » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:49 am

shiftytigger wrote:Thank you secret Santa , some good research went into this.

1. 'Classically trained' t shirt with Sega console line up. Looking forward to wearing this.
2. Megadrive console keyring. Awesome. My lego keyring needed replacing.
3. Might and Magic for Megadrive. Now thats what im talking about , a game to check out my new Retron 5 with which is a welcome addition to the collection and also really handy as im at my sister in laws , where my megadrive isnt.

Great stuff , thank you.

Hope my victim enjoys theirs too.
It's always fun to shop for Megadrive :) Hope the T-shirt fits, I realised late that I had bought a size too big so apologies. The M&M I bought in about 1993 and never finished so I wish to luck :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:52 pm

not been on here much at all over christmas - too much going on, and the time of year and all that! but many thanks for the games (don't have either, and great choices! thanks!) and the tetris puzzle! much appreciated! 8)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:21 am

tachi wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Thank you secret Santa , some good research went into this.

1. 'Classically trained' t shirt with Sega console line up. Looking forward to wearing this.
2. Megadrive console keyring. Awesome. My lego keyring needed replacing.
3. Might and Magic for Megadrive. Now thats what im talking about , a game to check out my new Retron 5 with which is a welcome addition to the collection and also really handy as im at my sister in laws , where my megadrive isnt.

Great stuff , thank you.

Hope my victim enjoys theirs too.
It's always fun to shop for Megadrive :) Hope the T-shirt fits, I realised late that I had bought a size too big so apologies. The M&M I bought in about 1993 and never finished so I wish to luck :)
The t shirt is great,I like a bit of room to expand!
I've had a quick blast on Might and Magic and will be giving it a further play later in week ,as sadly it's back to work.

The keyring has pride of place on my house keys now.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 am

Despite arriving late (no fault of SS , as they ordered in sufficient time), it does not detract from how awesome and thoughtful this gift is. I got

Mega Drive : The Collected Works Hardback

I know how much this costs, as I was planning on getting it for my 30th next month, so I know how much you have forked out for this beauty. You have saved me some money as well for next month :). I hope you don't feel that by me receiving this item late, it has denied you my excited reaction of receiving it, because it's simply blown me away, and on the bright side, it's a hell of a way to start the first week of the new year. Thank's so much, whoever you are. :D