Lets talk about vinyl

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2771
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by oldtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am

I have one holographic album .
Its a Star wars music album , in all honesty I only bought it as I'm a star wars addict .
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3238
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by RetroBob » Wed May 30, 2018 4:46 pm

So I have a few of the Data Discs collection, Terminator 2 and some Catatonia albums on vinyl and want to look after them. Can anyone recommend some kind of plastic sleeve that I can keep single and double albums in, I mean the whole thing including the cardboard sleeve.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by djcarlos » Thu May 31, 2018 3:42 am

Yeah there are loads available, different weights, thicknesses, colours etc.

I swear by these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 (that's a 50 pack, they do other amounts).

You can fit most double sleeves in them, they are pretty roomy - the only thing I haven't managed is the Witcher 3 triple gatefold, but that does hold six LPs :D
Image

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3238
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by RetroBob » Thu May 31, 2018 6:00 am

That looks great, thank you!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by silvergunner » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Rise from your grave.

Preordered from Zavvi the SNES soundtrack for Turtles in Time. Cannot wait for this to arrive.

User avatar
maartenkoster
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 am

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by maartenkoster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Image

My Japanese Vinyl Anime's such as Space Runaway Ideon the original Mobile Suit Gundam series Metal Armor Dragonar High Speed Galvion and as last the movie bgm from Penquin Memory Mongotari, :wink:
Image
Image
Follow my plans. :)

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2771
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by oldtimer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:26 am

Looks like modern vinyl is going to be in short supply as one of only two factories supplying laquer has been burnt to the ground recently which leaves only one , and i do wonder if they will reinvest in a new plant ?
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6248
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Never noticed this thread before, I've got boxes of the things from hunting at car boots and charity shops but its time for most of them to go, stuff like Maiden, Blue Oyster cult a some of the vintage Rock N Roll will be sticking around (including the banned GnR AoD cover) but otherwise it's probably better in another home where it will be appreciated rather than just locked in boxes.
Can go even older than Vinyl too, I've got Shellac 78s throughout my room and loft but I gave up getting them a long time ago after watching a postie casually snap one in half to put it through my letter box (I acctually super glued it back together and it will play although I wouldnt try it on an expensive player).
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by djcarlos » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:22 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Never noticed this thread before, I've got boxes of the things from hunting at car boots and charity shops but its time for most of them to go, stuff like Maiden, Blue Oyster cult a some of the vintage Rock N Roll will be sticking around (including the banned GnR AoD cover) but otherwise it's probably better in another home where it will be appreciated rather than just locked in boxes.
Can go even older than Vinyl too, I've got Shellac 78s throughout my room and loft but I gave up getting them a long time ago after watching a postie casually snap one in half to put it through my letter box (I acctually super glued it back together and it will play although I wouldnt try it on an expensive player).
Let me know before you get rid mate :wink:
Image

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6248
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:26 am

djcarlos wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:22 am
Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Never noticed this thread before, I've got boxes of the things from hunting at car boots and charity shops but its time for most of them to go, stuff like Maiden, Blue Oyster cult a some of the vintage Rock N Roll will be sticking around (including the banned GnR AoD cover) but otherwise it's probably better in another home where it will be appreciated rather than just locked in boxes.
Can go even older than Vinyl too, I've got Shellac 78s throughout my room and loft but I gave up getting them a long time ago after watching a postie casually snap one in half to put it through my letter box (I acctually super glued it back together and it will play although I wouldnt try it on an expensive player).
Let me know before you get rid mate :wink:
Could take me a while or move at a very slow rate, I've got next to no lifting capability now so moving the cases (proper 60's style leather ones but need new keys) is not an easy task.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

NOFX's The Decline Live @ Red Rocks with Baz's Orchestra.

Post by MattySlug » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:10 am

Um'med and aaah'ed about the color version of this pre-order and now have missed out.
Image

Though I've already put it on a cassette mixtape from this youtube vid of the song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhy8PCuGsk

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by MattySlug » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:55 am

I was searching Google for XBOX One Copy of Sega Mega Drive Classics as it is nowhere here cheap, came across OZGAMESHOP for around $36, cheap enough.
Then on the site I discover they also have cassettes which led me to the recent La Roux Album, I then found out near me is an exclusive Clear LP Version for $42!
So I was hoping to buy that but then I just went to LaRoux.co.uk site and it's there, signed as well and also cheaper!

So yeah the next LP I buy is gonna be La Roux - Supervision.

~ Also I plan to pre-order the black NOFX - Red Rocks Decline LP for $25 soon.

~ Also last night I bidded on some cheap stuff from a single seller, missed out on some greatness instead I got three copies of a DMX 12" Single :lol: :o :oops:

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by MattySlug » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:49 am

Long story Short I found myself in the Post Office Today and in the clearance section I bought a Best of Nirvana LP for $4.95!!!

English Invader
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by English Invader » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:56 am

MattySlug wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:49 am
Long story Short I found myself in the Post Office Today and in the clearance section I bought a Best of Nirvana LP for $4.95!!!
Nirvana has been getting the bargain bin treatment for ages. The irony is that this kind of stagnant commercialism is the last thing Kurt Cobain would have wanted. He's become the James Last of grunge.

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by MattySlug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 am

It was the last copy, must of been from out in the stock room as I hadn't seen LP's for months and months there.
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests