Rum
4%
Tequila
No votes

Total votes: 48

gman72

Re: Let's talk about booze.

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:08 am

Rayne wrote::lol: I don't drink but these past few responses are slowly driving me to it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would that be Whiskey or Vodka?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:56 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
gman72 wrote:I just wanted to make a light thread about what we like to drink. No need to accuse me of double standards, Rodimus. I get enough of that from the other guy without you pitching in too.
me personally, I think you mad
Come on, that's a bit unfair!
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:00 pm

:oops:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:38 pm

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink, he drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink. He drinks the songs that remind him of the good times, he drinks the songs that remind him of the better times.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:47 pm

This forum has gone weird! However in times of feud the post count will have risen, so, y'know!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Yes I believe the main event, Rodimus vs Sehiroth, is scheduled for some time between now and tomorrow night.
Get your seat, get some popcorn, sit back and enjoy.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:21 pm

gman72 wrote:Yes I believe the main event, Rodimus vs Sehiroth, is scheduled for some time between now and tomorrow night.
Doubt it, I have him on ignore.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:57 pm

I like a pint of cider every now and again, I do find the majority of alcohol to be revolting taste wise though.
Splink!

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:18 pm

On topic, when I did drink I prefered an apple cider, but only 3 pints max, it starts to leave a horrible taste in your mouth after that.

For all the beer I've drank during my life, if I'm honest it only ever tasted nice when it was chilled and drank on a warm day.

Spirits by themselves were foul (and since I've stopped drinking the smell of them will turn my stomach), how people drink whiskey, vodka etc for pleasure I'll never know.
Rayne wrote:What amazes me is that when people find out I don't drink they gawk at me like I'm a freak, then decide it must be because I'm religious, failing that I must be a liar. :lol:
I don't want to derail the thread, but I can relate to this.

I gave up drinking (not because I had a problem with it, just the pros didn't seem to outweigh the cons) about 3 or 4 years ago and found the same thing. It's not unheard of to not drink so I assumed it would be no big deal when I stopped, like being a vegetarian, but I would asked by everyone "how come you're not drinking then?". Most pople were just really shocked and so really curious, but some people seemed to need a damn good reason to accept me not drinking with them.

I was also surprised how many people didn't take me seriously, and would still encourage me to drink knowing full well I had made my decision to stop, as though they thought it was just a phase I was going through, or I that just wouldn't drink in certain circumstances. It was kind of weird how much people would really try to get me to drink again.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:20 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
gman72 wrote:Yes I believe the main event, Rodimus vs Sehiroth, is scheduled for some time between now and tomorrow night.
Doubt it, I have him on ignore.
I wonder how many that makes now.
Even Krusty40 and Chiptune never mad me use that ignore button before now.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:22 pm

gman72 wrote:He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink, he drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink. He drinks the songs that remind him of the good times, he drinks the songs that remind him of the better times.
Ohhh - Danny boy, Danny boy. P*ssing the night away. P*issing the night away. :wink:

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:13 pm

I love most alcohol but my tipple of choice these days is cider.

I worked in the booze industry for many years and have got to try some incredible stuff. I actually hold a degree in Wines & Spirits that I passed with a distinction! 8)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Seph, dig us out some stats. Is it weirder to be veggie or teetotal? I'm going for teetotallers as the weirdos.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:29 pm

No idea what to answer here.

Like music tases my alcohol tastes have become much more varied as I age!

Guinness is always a good standby, there are better stouts but since it stopped getting brewed in the UK it's much better. And the Nigerian import (the only other current licence to brew) is also fab, they might have it in yout tesco in the world foods isle.

Was never a cider drinker but love it nowadays! Especially a scrumpy (the proper flat stuff!).

Used to brew evil things at uni, made my grades lower, was always ready on a assignment day. The choise was shall we submit it today ot get drunk and have a lower maximum grade later. Drunk won! f course back then when I was not brewing things I also bought things and a drink weould be a southern comfort and coke. Sounds reasonable but I mean 3/4 pint southern comfort (45% export strength back then) and 1/4 coke. Mmmmmm.

I love Whiskey. Irish is always good. You want to water it down to around 20-% vol to get the nice tastes though otherwise you are just tasteing the alcohol and numbing the tastes. Ginger is also good if the whiskey is cheap!

Also love wines these days. Sparking a lot as well! And hate wine freaks. As tests show if you get a similar tasting grape and serve at the same temp you cannot distinguise beetween white, rose or red. Price does not reflect niceness. You like what you like. Though the very cheap end can be nastyt. but smae with everythign else boose like. Some expensive ones are worth it, just depends on your taste,

ALso bad experiences. I remember litytle of a lot of nights at uni. Once by choice. 50p vodka night. Pint of vodka (no they would not serve it as one, it was created!) downed in two. Not much remembered after about an hour. I was silly back then though.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Seph, dig us out some stats. Is it weirder to be veggie or teetotal? I'm going for teetotallers as the weirdos.
Well, guess I'm the weirdo then. Mind you, the main reason I don't drink alcohol is because of my acid reflux problem. However, even without AR, I doubt I'd drink that much anyway.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer