RIP Roddy Piper

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24510
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 am

Shinobi wrote:He was also in Hell comes to Frog Town the one with the Alien frog monsters who where aducting women to impregnate..

Rip Roddy

Always remember his wrestle mania street fight with Golddust
Its kinda testament to classic wrestling when people can mention a moment and all of a sudden people know, but in saying that a lot of it was trash

COCONUT!!!

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by The Laird » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:27 am

I am so gutted about this, not just because I remember him as a wrestler but also for the amazing They Live, one of my favourite films ever.

Hope they have some more bubblegum in heaven, R.I.P. Roddy :cry:
Last edited by The Laird on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24510
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:32 am

The Laird wrote:I am so gutted about this, not just because I remember him as a wrestler but also for the amazing They Live, one of my favourite films ever.

Hop they have some more bubblegum in heaven, R.I.P. Roddy :cry:
If it existed they would have one hell of a match card

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by crusto » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:33 am

Another one bites the dust, I will never advise my kids to pursue a wrestling career. It seems like the profession is cursed.

RIP Rowdy Roddy
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24510
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:52 am

crusto wrote:Another one bites the dust, I will never advise my kids to pursue a wrestling career. It seems like the profession is cursed.

RIP Rowdy Roddy
Actually life is the cursed one as we are all fated to die

READING MATERIAL!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_o ... _wrestlers

User avatar
David
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by David » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:37 am

Piper made Hogan a superstar

the lead up to wm1 was brilliant, Piper was a great heel and the reason people rooted for hogan so much.

my favourite ever wrestler. read his book a few times.

all those years of cocaine and alcohol abuse have caught up on him.

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by The Laird » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:55 am

DPrinny wrote:
The Laird wrote:I am so gutted about this, not just because I remember him as a wrestler but also for the amazing They Live, one of my favourite films ever.

Hop they have some more bubblegum in heaven, R.I.P. Roddy :cry:
If it existed they would have one hell of a match card
http://www.kayfabenews.com/heaven-hosti ... r-tonight/

Also:

Image

User avatar
Negative Creep
Posts: 3842
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Rochester, Kent

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:46 am

Such a shame :( watched They Live recently, still a great film and as relevant today as it was on release. He made a likeable lead and wish he'd starred in more films
Image

sidney
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 am

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by sidney » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Well said. They Live is criminally undervalued and is a great great film, Piper was a very natural actor in it.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24510
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:45 pm

The Laird wrote:
DPrinny wrote:
The Laird wrote:I am so gutted about this, not just because I remember him as a wrestler but also for the amazing They Live, one of my favourite films ever.

Hop they have some more bubblegum in heaven, R.I.P. Roddy :cry:
If it existed they would have one hell of a match card
http://www.kayfabenews.com/heaven-hosti ... r-tonight/
Big daddy vs giant Haystacks in a match that wont turn out cack

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by Treguard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:21 pm

DPrinny wrote:
The Laird wrote:
DPrinny wrote: If it existed they would have one hell of a match card
http://www.kayfabenews.com/heaven-hosti ... r-tonight/
Big daddy vs giant Haystacks in a match that wont turn out cack
Even An omnipotent God Almighty may struggle to book that one...

User avatar
Scratch_Porkings
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Eastbourne

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Shinobi wrote:He was also in Hell comes to Frog Town the one with the Alien frog monsters who where aducting women to impregnate..

Rip Roddy

Always remember his wrestle mania street fight with Golddust
Hell comes to Frog Town was an awesome film. Why isn't it on Netflix?
Scott me up beamie!

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24510
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Treguard wrote: Even An omnipotent God Almighty may struggle to book that one...
BigDaddy vs Hogan

Oh wait its only his carrier thats dead

User avatar
Negative Creep
Posts: 3842
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Rochester, Kent

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 am

Image
Image

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: RIP Roddy Piper

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:28 am

Another big part of my childhood gone.

Those late 80's / early 90's years were great. The Wrestling, the toys, the games, the films, the cartoons. what a time.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests