DPrinny

Re: PLAY Expo Manchester, EventCity, 10/11 October '15

Post by DPrinny » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 am

^Learn BSL,

Edit - or get a cheap-o tablet

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 pm

flatapex wrote:i think we should put something in place so we can recognise eachother 8) i really enjoy meeting you guys.
I look forward to catching up with you again dude :)

I'll do the regular on the day post of saying what T-Shirt i'll be wearing (which normally seems to help) otherwise you can normally find me lurking around the Rock Band setup, bar or the arcade/retro systems in general :)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:25 pm

ArchaicKoala wrote:
flatapex wrote:i think we should put something in place so we can recognise eachother 8) i really enjoy meeting you guys.
I look forward to catching up with you again dude :)

I'll do the regular on the day post of saying what T-Shirt i'll be wearing (which normally seems to help) otherwise you can normally find me lurking around the Rock Band setup, bar or the arcade/retro systems in general :)
i'll do the same, looking forward to catching up with you again, will bring ultima with me.

Met up with a friend today, was given a late birthday present- an imported tshirt with a master system on it :D I can guarantee no-one else will be wearing one of those

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:58 pm

but

i forsee a problem :?

i am awaiting laryngeal surgery, so, i might not have a voice :cry:

I am not going to let that stop me from going, if I get my phone out mid conversation, I am not being ignorant, its how I communicate in noisy places, its that or write things down, and my handwriting is appalling. I might have had the surgery by then (doubt it), if I have I will be forced to be completely silent for a week afterwards.

If I am there look for a short, podgy guy with glasses, mid 30s with spiky brown hair, probably with a tall ginger guy (if he is coming) and almost certainly with a very tall blonde guy with a wolverhampton/black country accent. I am very useful at helping you find things nearby (food, pub etc)
We used to do that but then our community died a slow death

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:29 pm

sscott wrote:

but

i forsee a problem :?

i am awaiting laryngeal surgery, so, i might not have a voice :cry:

I am not going to let that stop me from going, if I get my phone out mid conversation, I am not being ignorant, its how I communicate in noisy places, its that or write things down, and my handwriting is appalling. I might have had the surgery by then (doubt it), if I have I will be forced to be completely silent for a week afterwards.

If I am there look for a short, podgy guy with glasses, mid 30s with spiky brown hair, probably with a tall ginger guy (if he is coming) and almost certainly with a very tall blonde guy with a wolverhampton/black country accent. I am very useful at helping you find things nearby (food, pub etc)
We used to do that but then our community died a slow death
I still think/hope (ok maybe more hope) that there are a decent number that still want to meet other members.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 am

You'll find me in the staff room or rushing round looking for the volunteers.

I'll be in a Play staff shirt and will probably have died my hair reddish again :)

Hope to see some of you there.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:57 am

You need beepers on them

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Helensification wrote:You'll find me in the staff room or rushing round looking for the volunteers.

I'll be in a Play staff shirt and will probably have died my hair reddish again :)

Where are you and the other staff these days? These threads used to get many hundreds of posts!!

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:55 pm

sscott wrote:
Helensification wrote:You'll find me in the staff room or rushing round looking for the volunteers.

Where are you and the other staff these days? These threads used to get many hundreds of posts!!
Not sure about the others to be honest Shaun as only see them on an odd occasion away from the Play events. Think it's just a case of everyone being really busy these days.

Shame it's gone so quiet on here.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Not actually that quiet on here...

Sorry us guys can't make it this year :( I am in the late stages of getting my new business up and running and hopefully will be open a couple of weeks before this event. No way could I get away so early!
Will do all in my power to get to next years event as I've not been to any this year!

Hope it is as great as ever and I'll miss you all....
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:00 am

Finally got a hotel booked for me and 3 others, and at a pretty decent price considering the late booking. Came to 186 for 4, but the rooms have a double bed, and a single sofa bed, effectively making it for 6 people if need be. Not bad at all I think. Going to be some epic Dreamcast battles that evening I tell you .

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:35 am

samhain81 wrote:Finally got a hotel booked for me and 3 others, and at a pretty decent price considering the late booking. Came to 186 for 4, but the rooms have a double bed, and a single sofa bed, effectively making it for 6 people if need be. Not bad at all I think. Going to be some epic Dreamcast battles that evening I tell you .
really glad you got it sorted mate

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 pm

flatapex wrote:
samhain81 wrote:Finally got a hotel booked for me and 3 others, and at a pretty decent price considering the late booking. Came to 186 for 4, but the rooms have a double bed, and a single sofa bed, effectively making it for 6 people if need be. Not bad at all I think. Going to be some epic Dreamcast battles that evening I tell you .
really glad you got it sorted mate
Still havn't bought my tickets yet though lol

As I still don't know the final count for my group, is it still safe to wait a little for the tickets? I hear they never really sell out so no rush? Or am I mistaken?

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:41 pm

I honestly have no idea, I bought mine last night, if when I get my surgery date it turns out I cant make it then I would make sure my tickets would be available on here

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:59 am

flatapex wrote:I honestly have no idea, I bought mine last night, if when I get my surgery date it turns out I cant make it then I would make sure my tickets would be available on here
I hope you can make it dude :)
Just over 3 weeks to go! I'm looking forward to having a few beers and playing some Arcade machines and some Rock Band (If it's there again) ;)