Game of Thrones

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

paranoid marvin

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon May 30, 2016 5:01 pm

MES Records wrote:I loved the episode, except for that 'play'. Found that to be too long and boring. And seriously, how necessary was the penis wart scene?
Still my favorite show to date though. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I really liked the play - it showed how the people interpret the actions of their masters. Interesting how they all seemed to love Joffrey and hate 'the imp' when only one of them every tried to do anything for his people.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon May 30, 2016 7:51 pm

After the Hold The Door thing we were due a sleeper and this episode was that. Dull as. Oh and another Big Dany rally? Getting so bored of that exact scene getting replayed over and over.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm

enjoyed the latest episode, not much action apart from the opening but set out some major events to come I think

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue May 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Margery said something along the lines of making it seem as if you were doing the right thing being most important. Perhaps that explains why he acted how he did?

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:03 am

can't wait for the next episode, only four left now! it goes so quick

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:01 pm

great episode, think the last three will be :shock:

are we about to see one of the big five killed off, or was all not as it seemed?

show is now getting ahead of the books for most characters, wild theories everywhere as books are re-read and scenes re-watched to see if it's true to the books or artistic license from the show.

now wishing GRRM would finally finish WOW!

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:great episode, think the last three will be :shock:

are we about to see one of the big five killed off, or was all not as it seemed?

show is now getting ahead of the books for most characters, wild theories everywhere as books are re-read and scenes re-watched to see if it's true to the books or artistic license from the show.

didn't know he played World of Warcraft :wink:

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Treguard wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:great episode, think the last three will be :shock:

didn't know he played World of Warcraft :wink:
he probably does and that's the reason why it's at least half a decade between books! he needs to spend less time levelling up his wizard and more time writing, the lazy fcuker

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Definitely felt a bit of an Assassin's Creed vibe in that last sequence. Oh, and here's The Mountain out shopping with his girlfriend

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:05 am

Thought this weeks episode was a bit meh in all honesty. Some nice little moments and some slight maneuvering around again to that was about it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:53 am

Wasn't a monumental episode but I enjoyed it. I really liked the Arya stuff, even though the storyline feels like it was just to keep her occupied.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:37 pm

enjoyed it but very strange in some places.

loved undead mountain ripping apart the Faith Militant after Cersei chose violence!

great to see Hound back and doing what he does best, Bronn also very good

although I enjoyed the Arya scenes it's very odd how they have ended it, the show hasn't done enough to show her advancement with the Faceless Men, no surprise to see her retain her identity but they could have done a better job of displaying what she has been learning. She has been in Braavos for two series now and show only fans can be forgiven for thinking she has learnt little more than to fight in the dark.

Tyrion was also wasted with another scene of him drinking and talking.

I posted at the start of this season that rushing the story was going to be a problem as they narrow it down to the main focal points and unfortunately that looks to be the case. It's still an amazing show and I do my best to keep book and show separate but some of the plot holes are just that big that it's hard to ignore them.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 pm

I am also sad with Tyron just drinking. He was more than that!

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:42 pm

these last two series have been dull. i'm not really getting into this season at all. I don't read the books so have no idea whats supposed to happen to who at what point so that's not the problem.

the first season, probably my favourite, had a lot of talking (I loved all the posturing and double crossing of little finger and the other guy - varis? can't remember his name) - a lot of intrigue and a lot of drama and it built to a great finale - people had sh!t to lose. it also had hardly any magic/voodoo/ice zombie/dragon crap. later series have upped the high fantasy nonsense to almost unbearable levels. the characters now have nothing to say to each other and theres not even that much sexy time.....just fricken dragons and zombies every other episode.

the main problem I think, is that all the main players in the story threads are not interacting with each other anymore, being spread out all over the world as they are, so the decisions/shenanigans the characters get up to don't have any weight and direct consequence to them.

oh, and they killed a load of the good characters too.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:57 am

Sounds very much like the books in that respect, imo the 1st 3 or 4 are some of the greatest fantasy fiction I've ever read, but after that they tail off, everything becomes very disjointed, as though the author doesn't really know where he's going with the plot.