Any Pinball fans?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

stayAwhile

Any Pinball fans?

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Anyone here into pinball if so what real life tables have you played? Ive played pirates of the carabean and another one that was set up at southport fair in 2009 cant rememeber what it was though also have a memory of a freind playing the adams family as far as video game fictional tables Im a big fan of cyber girl, space cadet, all the true pinball tables and billion dollar gameshow.
This guy are sick

oldtimer

Re: Any Pinball fans?

Post by oldtimer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Huge pinball fan here !!!!
Used to go to the UK Pinball show , and i play when ever i can ,
Last edited by oldtimer on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Love pinball used to play the guns n roses and dr who ones alot when my local arcade was open back in the day.Therd arent many video pinball games i dont like but my fave are

Pyscho pinball (megadrive)
True pinball (ps1)
Williams pinball collection (360)
Pinball dreams/ fantasies (amiga)

One day when i win the lottery i will buy myself a GnR and a whirlwind table.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Ive always enjoyed pinball and back in around 2008 when I discovered visual pinball I really fell in love with it and learning just how complex a lot of tables are. Anyone who thinks pinball games are all the same really needs to look into it and realise how varied they are.

Through said program one of the many tables I love is Ripleys Believe It Or Not. And on honeymoon in New York we visited Ripleys and on the way in I told my wife about the brilliant machine (she didn't care about going to Ripleys, nor the machine for that matter). Low and behold, they had a pinball in there so and it was a dollar for two games. Bless her she watched me for over an hour on the thing.

The next year when I bought an ipad and downloaded pinball arcade, the first thing I saw was that the Ripleys table was on there and it plays amazingly well.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Big pinball fan, my old man's got a Star Trek Next Gen table, Bride Of Pinbot is my favourite though.
Splink!

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:22 pm

aztecca wrote:Love pinball used to play the guns n roses and dr who ones alot when my local arcade was open back in the day.Therd arent many video pinball games i dont like but my fave are

Pyscho pinball (megadrive)
True pinball (ps1)
Williams pinball collection (360)
Pinball dreams/ fantasies (amiga)

One day when i win the lottery i will buy myself a GnR and a whirlwind table.
Yeah i recenlty rebought true pinball and got the ps3 updates of fantasies and dreams. If you like the williams game I also recomend gotlieb classics and pinball arcade. I hope the bally tables get a hall of fame game as its great to get lots of comppany info and a game dedicated to one company plus I bet not all machines will be included in pinball arcade as there must be so many to pick from.
This guy are sick

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 am

Yeah love pinball tables, something my dad always loved and as soon as I was tall enough to reach the machine as a kid. Never stopped playing them when available.

Always loved the Terminator 2 table and would love to own one. Space And money permitting of course.

Remember one year when my parents took me to lightwater valley. Might of been 1990 and my dad put 30p in one that was a jet fighter based unit. Was definitely not a top gun branded one. Funny thing is the machine just kept giving out ball after ball. My dad finally got board after nearly an hour as he knew the game was not going to end :lol:

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 am

silvergunner wrote:Yeah love pinball tables, something my dad always loved and as soon as I was tall enough to reach the machine as a kid. Never stopped playing them when available.

Always loved the Terminator 2 table and would love to own one. Space And money permitting of course.

Remember one year when my parents took me to lightwater valley. Might of been 1990 and my dad put 30p in one that was a jet fighter based unit. Was definitely not a top gun branded one. Funny thing is the machine just kept giving out ball after ball. My dad finally got board after nearly an hour as he knew the game was not going to end :lol:
I was in cornwall one year and there was a motorbike racing arcade machine that was on the debug menu the next day it was free play
This guy are sick

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Used to love playing Dirty Harry in Blackpool. Some great Harry Callaghan samples in there, including the classic when you try and tilt the table, "A man's got to know his limitations" :mrgreen:
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Spector wrote:Used to love playing Dirty Harry in Blackpool. Some great Harry Callaghan samples in there, including the classic when you try and tilt the table, "A man's got to know his limitations" :mrgreen:
I love the sound bites on tales of the arabain nights. If you trigger the bizzar you get "I've got big points for you" and at game over you get "I challange YOU ... To another game"
This guy are sick

scunny

Post by scunny » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:48 pm

felgekarp wrote:Big pinball fan, my old man's got a Star Trek Next Gen table, Bride Of Pinbot is my favourite though.
STTHG is my favourite pinball table ever. I used to play it a lot in the old Star Trek Pub in London, every lunchtime I would go play it..

"Q! We don't have time for your games!"
XBL: RainMan 999
(Add me for some overwatch!)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Star Wars Episode 1 is an incredible table, they had it at Play a couple of years ago.

The fancy glass for video that makes it look like the ball is going through it for hits makes it seem much more like an interactive piece of the table than the video displays that usually sit above. Shame that never took off as it works so well.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Interesting fact dan "toasty" fordon did SFX and mustic on the star trek TNG table
This guy are sick

scunny

Post by scunny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 am

stayAwhile wrote:Interesting fact dan "toasty" fordon did SFX and mustic on the star trek TNG table

I already knew that someone I have never heard of did the SFX and Music
XBL: RainMan 999
(Add me for some overwatch!)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Never used to like pinball much, must have been the unluckiest (or worst) player ever as whenever i play the ball goes straight down the middle and thats it.

But since Pinball Arcade i really love it, love the recreations of proper real tables. Then seeing these tables in person at lots of events i realise what a great job they did recreating them.

Do enjoy playing pinball now, not a super super fan like i am with retro games but can appreciate them a lot more now. Have all the tables on Pinball arcade (up to about 52 now !)