Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by pratty » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
pratty wrote:
GigaPepsiMan wrote:It's been nearly a year since Daniel Bryan won the Wrestlemania main event and it feels like the WWE have been punishing fans for getting behind him ever since.
I don't know about that. Why, because he's not in the main event of wrestlemania two years in a row? Let's not pretend Reigns wasn't over prior to the Royal Rumble, when all of a sudden it became hip to boo him out of the blue.
There is nothing wrong with putting guys in the main event multiple times, HBK was in the title match a. Wrestlemania XI, XII and XIV (he probably would have done XIII too if he had not lost his "smile"). Austin main evented and won the title at XIV, XV and XVII.
Roman Reigns have never been massively popular. People cheered him at the 2014 Royal Rumble because it came down to him and Batista. People liked him before his injury because of the shield and when the shield split he was being booked to be a tough guy. It's everything that has happened since he returned from injury that has made him unpopular, Vince McMahon tried to make him into the next John Cena, fans censored on it, now they want him to be the Rock, fans don't want that because that isn't Roman Reigns.

Even if Reigns was booked in a way that worked to his strengths people still wouldn't want him to main event just yet, the guy is still green and lacks experience. John Cena was originally supposed to win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania XX but they knew he wasn't ready so they pushed it back a year. Roman Reign's isn't near ready and he isn't by any means the right person to beat Brock Lesnar. Truth be told no one in WWE is truly qualified to beat Brock Lesnar for the belt but that is WWE's own fault for doing such a bad job building talent over the last 7 years, the only two guys in that time to really get to true main event level are Cm Punk and Daniel Bryan.

WWE would do great business if they could see the landscape changing, people like Daniel Bryan, Ziggler and Cesaro are who the fans want to see. It's a sad state that it is the year 2015 and the top heels on TV Week in and week out are Big Show and Kane. WWE crap on WCW for a lot of things but they are making all the mistakes WCW were making all those years ago. The only guy I can see legitimately rising to the top at the moment is Seth Rollins and that's because he's Triple H's own personal pet project.

I don't have a problem with people being multiple WM main events either, which is why I also don't complain about WWE not making new stars, however many people do so WWe are attempting to do that with Reigns, a guy people actually did react well to prior to the Rumble, you can't blame WWE wanting to push a guy when people react well to him. They didn't boo him when he returned, they (the rabid cry-baby Philly fans) only booed him at the royal rumble because their prefered guy didn't win.

Somebody has to face Lesnar, and Reigns is as qualified as anyone to have a crack at him, Reigns wins a lot including clean wins over Orton and Bryan, and an ever so slightly tainted win over CM Punk. And I literally cannot remember Reigns being pinned clean in a one on one match ever, certainly not recently. So how is he not worthy to at least challenge Lesnar? And that's all WWE are promising,they're not saying Reigns will win, you've already decided that for yourself, maybe he won't, but if he does beat Lesnar then by definition he was the man to do it. And don't forget Lesnar was green himself when he beat the Rock in 2002 and nobody made a fuss over it.

The top heels are not Big Show and Kane, it's Rollins and Lesnar, HHH and Bray Wyatt, Big Show and Kane are just the Authority's henchmen.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm

pratty wrote: I don't have a problem with people being multiple WM main events either, which is why I also don't complain about WWE not making new stars, however many people do so WWe are attempting to do that with Reigns, a guy people actually did react well to prior to the Rumble, you can't blame WWE wanting to push a guy when people react well to him. They didn't boo him when he returned, they (the rabid cry-baby Philly fans) only booed him at the royal rumble because their prefered guy didn't win.
Actually its not about the WWE not making new stars, its about the WWE not pushing what they already have.
Look at Ziggler, he won the Survivor series match, is liked
Cesario, a great work history, is hard working and, is liked

As said they have loads of talent that remains unpushed, in the case of Ziggler he has held a major WWE title, but was soon squashed
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:09 pm

DPrinny wrote:
pratty wrote: I don't have a problem with people being multiple WM main events either, which is why I also don't complain about WWE not making new stars, however many people do so WWe are attempting to do that with Reigns, a guy people actually did react well to prior to the Rumble, you can't blame WWE wanting to push a guy when people react well to him. They didn't boo him when he returned, they (the rabid cry-baby Philly fans) only booed him at the royal rumble because their prefered guy didn't win.
Actually its not about the WWE not making new stars, its about the WWE not pushing what they already have.
Look at Ziggler, he won the Survivor series match, is liked
Cesario, a great work history, is hard working and, is liked

As said they have loads of talent that remains unpushed, in the case of Ziggler he has held a major WWE title, but was soon squashed
... squashed by his ability to concuss himself as soon as he won the world title. He can't say he hasn't had a chance, now it's Reigns' chance (who is also hard working), I'm sure if he drops the ball they'll pass it to someone else. Similarly Bryan couldn't wrestle as soon as he won the title last year, maybe WWE are sick of putting titles on the big bump takers that injure themselves as soon as they're given the ball.

Of course I admit since Ziggler lost the title they since pushed a couple of lazy underserving guys called CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, and some guy called Brock Lesnar who's never sold a ticket in his life, yeah WWE don't push anyone who deserves to be.

Seriously WWe can't win anyway, if they pushed Dolph Ziggler as the top face we'd still hear about Daniel Bryan being 'buried', if they pushed Cesaro as the top heel we'd just hear about Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins being 'buried'. They can't push and please everyone.

The other thing people don't take into account is all the other things that come with being champion, people just judge a guy's ability to be champion from the bell to bell and their proficiency on ther mic (though a lot of people overlook that aswell, sorry but Ziggler is almost as weak on the mic as Reigns), but being champion comes with a lot of other baggage, the work load is increased, the appearances increase, the travel, the early morning media commintments, the advertising and sponsorship stuff, make a wish visits, and generally mindign their Ps and Qs in public, not to mention the pressure of carrying the company, drawing the houses and selling PPV buys. All this is also taken into consideration when they decide who to make champion and the face of the company, some people are more up to it than others.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:06 am

As with Star Wars and Lucas, I'm starting to think the best thing that could happen to WWE is to get it away from McMahon. I don't dislike Reigns but he was the least interesting of the Shield and it's clear they are getting increasingly desperate to try and get people to like him. The only person who can really match Lesnar physically is Rusev, but they would risk a heel-heel main event so I have to wonder where his push will end up..

Still, for all the flak the Network gets at least I can go back and watch all the classics

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:44 am

^I unsubbed from the network as I really dont like its web player

Other sites offer better ones
pratty wrote:
... squashed by his ability to concuss himself as soon as he won the world title. He can't say he hasn't had a chance, now it's Reigns' chance (who is also hard working), I'm sure if he drops the ball they'll pass it to someone else. Similarly Bryan couldn't wrestle as soon as he won the title last year, maybe WWE are sick of putting titles on the big bump takers that injure themselves as soon as they're given the ball.

Of course I admit since Ziggler lost the title they since pushed a couple of lazy underserving guys called CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, and some guy called Brock Lesnar who's never sold a ticket in his life, yeah WWE don't push anyone who deserves to be.

Seriously WWe can't win anyway, if they pushed Dolph Ziggler as the top face we'd still hear about Daniel Bryan being 'buried', if they pushed Cesaro as the top heel we'd just hear about Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins being 'buried'. They can't push and please everyone.
Actually if you see what happened with Bryan afterward winning it was nothing but high risk matches with a load of high spots
Ziggler was the result of Del rio being botchy

CM Punk was great, but was sick of being over worked (Hence why he left).
Theres room for more than one top star
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:22 am

DPrinny wrote:Theres room for more than one top star
I personally agree with this (generally there's only one heel and one face on top at any given time, but you need a few to rotate between), as do WWE I think, hence why WWE are pushing Reigns this year instead of Daniel Bryan (who's already had the big push and big win), to create a new main eventer, a new babyface option outside of Cena and Bryan. I don't think it's a case of them saying Reigns is necessarily better than Bryan, they just want a new star and they think now is the time to create one, and for every promotion up the card there has to be a demotion down the card to accommodate it. If it all goes pear shaped they can always turn him heel and they have a new main event heel instead.

You can make a decent case for Ziggler over Reigns but Ziggler has had a few title opportunities already where as Roman hasn't had any yet. Ziggler may never get his big run with the title but I'm fine with that, not everybody can or should be champion, Ziggler may end up with a Mr Perfect-esque career but there's no shame in that. People lament Ziggler losing the high profile matches but then ignore the fact he's been putting over guys like Rollins and Bray, other young deserving talent that a lot of people like, if Bray and Rollins have put over Ziggler people would just cry about how wasted and 'buried' those guys were instead? You can't make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 am

Negative Creep wrote:As with Star Wars and Lucas, I'm starting to think the best thing that could happen to WWE is to get it away from McMahon. I don't dislike Reigns but he was the least interesting of the Shield and it's clear they are getting increasingly desperate to try and get people to like him. The only person who can really match Lesnar physically is Rusev, but they would risk a heel-heel main event so I have to wonder where his push will end up..

Still, for all the flak the Network gets at least I can go back and watch all the classics
I was going to ask.........where on the Super Duper Information Highway, can I find old school WWF/E videos? I really just want to sit through the days I first watched - is it possible to find them online?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:12 pm

^The best (legal) place is the WWE Network (£9.99 a month), its only let down by its web player that often drops the quality

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Those bored with WWE stick with NXT mainly because it's miles better than Raw/Smackdown

I'll echo it as has already been mentioned, watch Lucha Underground, by far the best wrestling show anywhere at the moment. Aerostar <3
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:19 pm

DPrinny wrote:^The best (legal) place is the WWE Network (£9.99 a month), its only let down by its web player that often drops the quality

I keep having the problem where it only takes up about a 1/3rd of the screen if you switch to full screen mode with either Firefox or Chrome, which is indeed very annoying. But you can now watch it through the 360 (and I assume the One and PS3/4)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:13 pm

The lack of being able to shrink the video screen was a problem for me, I might be working on something and want to have it on in a smaller window (like I do with the likes of Youtbe and a few other video sites)

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm

DPrinny wrote:The lack of being able to shrink the video screen was a problem for me, I might be working on something and want to have it on in a smaller window (like I do with the likes of Youtbe and a few other video sites)

I just leave it on the normal size, shrink the window around it and use the Always On Top extension for firefox. Means I can "work" and watch it at the same time

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:27 pm

it's awful, as bad as it's ever been, don't think it will ever get back to past glories

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Negative Creep wrote:
DPrinny wrote:The lack of being able to shrink the video screen was a problem for me, I might be working on something and want to have it on in a smaller window (like I do with the likes of Youtbe and a few other video sites)

I just leave it on the normal size, shrink the window around it and use the Always On Top extension for firefox. Means I can "work" and watch it at the same time
"Working on something"
Nar I dont use Firefox

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 am

"If you smeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll, what The Rock is cooking" :D