Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DoraemonTheCat
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 pm

WWE??

It must have been perfect timing, as I feel that when I was into and enjoying it (circa 2000) - everything just seemed to work. It had some of the most fun characters The Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Triple H, Booker T, Rob Van Damm

Moving house and having a way to clingy gf at the time put paid to my enjoyment a few years later

But, everytime I stay at my mates....we inevitably put it on, to see what it's like nowadays....and, now.....not only does it appear to be filled with the most un-charismatic, boring and lame looking wrestlers I have ever seen!

Roman Reigns seems kinda cool/edgy, but everyone else?!?

Also, I've noticed that they spend a heck of a lot of time per show.......in the ring, and just TALKING!!

Is it a chat show now?

Is there a reason for all this? Have the Health & Safety types gone in and placed a limit on how much time can actually be spent "wrestling"??

It's in a shockingly bad state, and I'm glad I was able to witness the Golden Age of it when I did

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Expecting the usual haters, we do have a wrestling thread
DoraemonTheCat wrote: Roman Reigns seems kinda cool/edgy, but everyone else?!?

Also, I've noticed that they spend a heck of a lot of time per show.......in the ring, and just TALKING!!
That first comment.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!
Reigns is dull
Hogan has a bigger moveset

They have to pad out these 3 hours, I tend to watch the talkign bits at a faster speed
Watch other shows, NXT is the better WWE show

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:35 pm

The timing for this is pretty good considering I saw this today:
A comparison of the UK ratings for RAW and SmackDown

January - March 2014

WWE RAW Jan 6 - 127,000
WWE RAW Jan 13 - 135,000
WWE RAW Jan 20 - 161,000
WWE RAW Jan 26 - 161,000
WWE RAW Feb 3 - 191,000
WWE RAW Feb 10 - 132,000
WWE RAW Feb 17 - 152,000
WWE RAW Feb 24 - 135,000
WWE RAW March 3 - 149,000

WWE SmackDown Jan 17 - 156,000
WWE SmackDown Jan 24 - 104,000
WWE SmackDown Jan 31 - 116,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 7 - 115,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 14 - 89,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 28 - 84,000
WWE SmackDown March 7 - 125,000

January - February 2015

WWE RAW Jan 5 - 82,000
WWE RAW Jan 12 - 91,000
WWE RAW Jan 19 - 98,000
WWE RAW Jan 26 - 65,000
WWE RAW Feb 2 - 115,000
WWE RAW Feb 9 - 87,000
WWE RAW Feb 16 - 132,000
WWE RAW Feb 23 - 70,000

WWE SmackDown Jan 2 - 96,000
WWE SmackDown Jan 9 - 48,000
WWE SmackDown Jan 16 - 50,000
WWE SmackDown Jan 30 - 42,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 6 - 88,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 13 - 46,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 20 - 40,000
WWE SmackDown Feb 27 - 38,000
I can barely bring myself to watch WWE anymore, they have the talent to create something amazing, yet they have pushed aside talented wrestlers that the fans love for people who Vince McMahon likes personally. It's been nearly a year since Daniel Bryan won the Wrestlemania main event and it feels like the WWE have been punishing fans for getting behind him ever since.
If Daniel Bryan was facing Brock Lesnar as the main even of wrestlemania it would have been huge, there would have been so much heat going into that match, the story writes it elf. Daniel Bryan lost the title because he broke his neck, Brock comes in, beats Undertaker, destroys everyone, wins belt, barely ever appears or defends his title. Bryan coming back from his neck injury to be the one to beat Lesnar would have been massive.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:52 pm

^WWE like to push there own, even if the set up for D-Bri vs Lesnir could of been great

If he was at RAW (he keeps walking out, also there was a rumor that he was gonna walk out on WM) he would need to come out and beat down D-Bri each week to make him look really weak.

Still Wyatt vs taker might be fun
Same with the IC ladder match

Id recommend everyone watch Lucha Underground,
TNA is starting to get back on its feet after Hogan ruined it

pratty
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by pratty » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:WWE??

It must have been perfect timing, as I feel that when I was into and enjoying it (circa 2000) - everything just seemed to work. It had some of the most fun characters The Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Triple H, Booker T, Rob Van Damm

Moving house and having a way to clingy gf at the time put paid to my enjoyment a few years later

But, everytime I stay at my mates....we inevitably put it on, to see what it's like nowadays....and, now.....not only does it appear to be filled with the most un-charismatic, boring and lame looking wrestlers I have ever seen!

Roman Reigns seems kinda cool/edgy, but everyone else?!?

Also, I've noticed that they spend a heck of a lot of time per show.......in the ring, and just TALKING!!

Is it a chat show now?

Is there a reason for all this? Have the Health & Safety types gone in and placed a limit on how much time can actually be spent "wrestling"??

It's in a shockingly bad state, and I'm glad I was able to witness the Golden Age of it when I did
Interesting that you like the look Reigns, while there is actually currently a huge backlash against him online. I actually like him too, I don't get why people were blowing him while he was in The Shield, but suddenly hate him now when he's actually better and more sucessful.

I think they always did a lot of talking in the ring, maybe with Raw at 3 hours long now there's more, but I wouldn't be surprised if the talking to wrestling ratio was actually about the same.

WWE are now a 'PG' show so it is more sanitised. I could do without the lame comedy fluff but I don't miss the swearing and blood, I don't think you need that for a good wrestling show.
GigaPepsiMan wrote:It's been nearly a year since Daniel Bryan won the Wrestlemania main event and it feels like the WWE have been punishing fans for getting behind him ever since.
I don't know about that. Why, because he's not in the main event of wrestlemania two years in a row? Let's not pretend Reigns wasn't over prior to the Royal Rumble, when all of a sudden it became hip to boo him out of the blue.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by crusto » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:50 pm

WWE is crap.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:05 pm

It was great back in the Attitude Era, with The Corporation, The Ministry and DX, and the myriad combinations.

It was like a sweaty Eastenders.
Going Solo...................

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 pm

pratty wrote:
GigaPepsiMan wrote:It's been nearly a year since Daniel Bryan won the Wrestlemania main event and it feels like the WWE have been punishing fans for getting behind him ever since.
I don't know about that. Why, because he's not in the main event of wrestlemania two years in a row? Let's not pretend Reigns wasn't over prior to the Royal Rumble, when all of a sudden it became hip to boo him out of the blue.
There is nothing wrong with putting guys in the main event multiple times, HBK was in the title match a. Wrestlemania XI, XII and XIV (he probably would have done XIII too if he had not lost his "smile"). Austin main evented and won the title at XIV, XV and XVII.
Roman Reigns have never been massively popular. People cheered him at the 2014 Royal Rumble because it came down to him and Batista. People liked him before his injury because of the shield and when the shield split he was being booked to be a tough guy. It's everything that has happened since he returned from injury that has made him unpopular, Vince McMahon tried to make him into the next John Cena, fans censored on it, now they want him to be the Rock, fans don't want that because that isn't Roman Reigns.

Even if Reigns was booked in a way that worked to his strengths people still wouldn't want him to main event just yet, the guy is still green and lacks experience. John Cena was originally supposed to win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania XX but they knew he wasn't ready so they pushed it back a year. Roman Reign's isn't near ready and he isn't by any means the right person to beat Brock Lesnar. Truth be told no one in WWE is truly qualified to beat Brock Lesnar for the belt but that is WWE's own fault for doing such a bad job building talent over the last 7 years, the only two guys in that time to really get to true main event level are Cm Punk and Daniel Bryan.

WWE would do great business if they could see the landscape changing, people like Daniel Bryan, Ziggler and Cesaro are who the fans want to see. It's a sad state that it is the year 2015 and the top heels on TV Week in and week out are Big Show and Kane. WWE crap on WCW for a lot of things but they are making all the mistakes WCW were making all those years ago. The only guy I can see legitimately rising to the top at the moment is Seth Rollins and that's because he's Triple H's own personal pet project.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:16 am

Yet another Tuesday morning and I find my self skipping a lot of RAWs padding
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:It was great back in the Attitude Era, with The Corporation, The Ministry and DX, and the myriad combinations.

It was like a sweaty Eastenders.
Nobody remembers the other 80% of the Attitude era that was cack and forgettable

User avatar
pantal00ns
Posts: 3647
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Waaayy down south

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by pantal00ns » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 am

DPrinny wrote:Yet another Tuesday morning and I find my self skipping a lot of RAWs padding
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:It was great back in the Attitude Era, with The Corporation, The Ministry and DX, and the myriad combinations.

It was like a sweaty Eastenders.
Nobody remembers the other 80% of the Attitude era that was cack and forgettable
Isn't 80% Cack better than 100% Cack?

DoraemonTheCat
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:26 am

pratty wrote:
DoraemonTheCat wrote:WWE??

It must have been perfect timing, as I feel that when I was into and enjoying it (circa 2000) - everything just seemed to work. It had some of the most fun characters The Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Triple H, Booker T, Rob Van Damm

Moving house and having a way to clingy gf at the time put paid to my enjoyment a few years later

But, everytime I stay at my mates....we inevitably put it on, to see what it's like nowadays....and, now.....not only does it appear to be filled with the most un-charismatic, boring and lame looking wrestlers I have ever seen!

Roman Reigns seems kinda cool/edgy, but everyone else?!?

Also, I've noticed that they spend a heck of a lot of time per show.......in the ring, and just TALKING!!

Is it a chat show now?

Is there a reason for all this? Have the Health & Safety types gone in and placed a limit on how much time can actually be spent "wrestling"??

It's in a shockingly bad state, and I'm glad I was able to witness the Golden Age of it when I did
Interesting that you like the look Reigns, while there is actually currently a huge backlash against him online. I actually like him too, I don't get why people were blowing him while he was in The Shield, but suddenly hate him now when he's actually better and more sucessful.

I think they always did a lot of talking in the ring, maybe with Raw at 3 hours long now there's more, but I wouldn't be surprised if the talking to wrestling ratio was actually about the same.

WWE are now a 'PG' show so it is more sanitised. I could do without the lame comedy fluff but I don't miss the swearing and blood, I don't think you need that for a good wrestling show.
GigaPepsiMan wrote:It's been nearly a year since Daniel Bryan won the Wrestlemania main event and it feels like the WWE have been punishing fans for getting behind him ever since.
I don't know about that. Why, because he's not in the main event of wrestlemania two years in a row? Let's not pretend Reigns wasn't over prior to the Royal Rumble, when all of a sudden it became hip to boo him out of the blue.
Maybe its just my memories......but I remember seeing a bit of trash talk, some classic commentary from J.R and then loads of wrestling going on! Now, whenever I see it, it's just talk, talk, talk......it just goes on and on.

And I can't stand Seth Rollins? Is that his name. It's just soooo boring for me, anyways

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:24 am

Well..........................

With the comenratiy they now are wired and have set things to say during.
If you want some classic JR (and Mat Striker who is now on Lucha underground and is also good due to his knowledge) watch Wrestle Kingdom 9
A NJPW wrestling PPV with them two providing the comenraty for English fans.
Its also the PPV of the year

Seth on the other hand whilst I prefered him when he was in NXT hes still quite good at playing the heel, plus hes giving screen time to Jamey Noble
pantal00ns wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Yet another Tuesday morning and I find my self skipping a lot of RAWs padding
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:It was great back in the Attitude Era, with The Corporation, The Ministry and DX, and the myriad combinations.

It was like a sweaty Eastenders.
Nobody remembers the other 80% of the Attitude era that was cack and forgettable
Isn't 80% Cack better than 100% Cack?
But the current WWE isnt 100% cack, main roster wise

But s**t like "Make some one look strong, then not the next week" has to stop, they made Russev look strong at Fastlane, now on RAW CENATIME!!! Ruins it
Bring back the bloody cruser/lightweight belt

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

The attitude era had some terrible stuff (Big Show's Daddy, Mae Young, Brawl for All etc) but a lot of it was all incredibly watchable car crash television which is why people laughed when they watched it.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24356
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:10 am

Ill give you a two hands ICANTSEEWHATHESDOINGASITCANTBESHOWNONTV for that
Image

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6739
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Re: Seriously.......WTF has happened to........

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 pm

When you buy over all your rivals you can do whatever you want.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests