Who Vapes?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

tachi

Re: Who Vapes?

Post by tachi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:21 am

Not sure how reputable this site is but for me the concern is still the lack of scientific testing.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... es-cancer/
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 am

I've never smoked before in my life (other than the occasional drag, or odd cigar). But now I vape, using an Arizer Solo, but not tobacco.

I think e-cigarettes and vapourisers are a great idea. Maybe they don't remove the habit/addiction of tobacco, but they remove the tar and many other chemicals which cause cancer and many other health issues related to smoking and combustion of whatever plant material is your taste. It costs less also, so saves the smoker a few quid a week, is friendlier for non-smokers, doesn't smell so bad....so whats the problem?

Ideal world, smokers stop smoking entirely (and don't even vape), but we don't live in an ideal world, and its ok to have some mild addictions in this world. I would imagine that drinking is unhealthier and causes more anti-social behaviour than vaping (any substance) and by some distance.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am

Another advantage, to add to my above post about vaping and e-cigarettes is littering....

Smokers are, in general, the biggest arseholes and contributors to littering, and pointlessly so. Too many of them just fling their fags onto the ground. They don't do that with e-cigs and vapourisers.

Another good reason for electronic cigarettes.

Rant over. :D

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:58 am

Ha yes you are right :D .

But in defence of my past sins, what are we supposed to do? For starters indoor smoking in public is banned (I like this btw). And apart from in town centres (and not a lot in these) there isn't a huge abundance of ashtrays in general public places to make use of - although I always did use one if possible. It's not like you can carry a stinking nub around in your pocket, so in fairness there's not much choice for the smoker. And, clutching at the final straw, they are bio degradable too :wink: .

Eat your nans pants

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:10 pm

crusto wrote:Ha yes you are right :D .

But in defence of my past sins, what are we supposed to do? For starters indoor smoking in public is banned (I like this btw). And apart from in town centres (and not a lot in these) there isn't a huge abundance of ashtrays in general public places to make use of - although I always did use one if possible. It's not like you can carry a stinking nub around in your pocket, so in fairness there's not much choice for the smoker. And, clutching at the final straw, they are bio degradable too :wink: .
I don't believe the butts are biodegradable.

People should carry small steel containers to dispose cigarettes. As well as more places should of course have more ashtrays.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
crusto wrote:Ha yes you are right :D .

I don't believe the butts are biodegradable.

People should carry small steel containers to dispose cigarettes. As well as more places should of course have more ashtrays.
They are biodegradable. They don't last long when wet.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:36 pm

I was under the impression that ciggies weren't biodegradable, but maybe the ones you buy in shops rather than roll ups.

either way....its still littering. Come on smokers please don't drop them on the floor :-(

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:I was under the impression that ciggies weren't biodegradable, but maybe the ones you buy in shops rather than roll ups.

either way....its still littering. Come on smokers please don't drop them on the floor :-(
I vape now, just bought a shed load of e liquid in a factory warehouse shop, reputable brand (kik) and trying some new fruity flavours, tried a fruit mix one now and it is lovely! Got caramel, bubble gum, cherry, fruit mix and strawberry. All 5 10ml bottle cost me £10 and should last me over a month! Can't complain at the value!
I write for...

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Just been to Emporium Vapor in Edinburgh and picked up 100 mls of 'rollies' for £40.

This is a rather exquisite blend of 80% vg and 20% pg at 30mg strength, guaranteeing a massive smooth cloud and big hit.

As a bonus the guy threw in a free 10ml bottle of strawberry and, since he was blending it there and then, I was able to ask for more flavour than usual.

Top service.
Thoughts and prayers.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:07 pm

rossi46 wrote:Just been to Emporium Vapor in Edinburgh and picked up 100 mls of 'rollies' for £40.

This is a rather exquisite blend of 80% vg and 20% pg at 30mg strength, guaranteeing a massive smooth cloud and big hit.

As a bonus the guy threw in a free 10ml bottle of strawberry and, since he was blending it there and then, I was able to ask for more flavour than usual.

Top service.
30mg strength? That is going to blow the roof off! I can barely handle 18mg without getting a head rush that could throw me into a coma.
I write for...

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Lol when the guy asked what strength I wanted, I jokingly asked how high he could go. He told me that he custom blends 48mg for one regular who's went cold turkey from a 60 fags a day habit!

I decided to try 30mg to see. I have about 5 mls of regular 24mg to finish first.
Thoughts and prayers.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:46 pm

rossi46 wrote:Lol when the guy asked what strength I wanted, I jokingly asked how high he could go. He told me that he custom blends 48mg for one regular who's went cold turkey from a 60 fags a day habit!

I decided to try 30mg to see. I have about 5 mls of regular 24mg to finish first.
just make sure to put the stick down if you get light headed. nicotine poisoning is no joke.
I write for...

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 am

Ive quit and started again but ecigs do nothing for me and I find it easier chewing gum(just normal mint wrigglys) I gave up due to being ill but a few weeks sfter full recovery caved in due to sress but I may try quit again as it will save money and you do feel less fatiqued
This guy are sick

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Which ecigs did you try? The disposable ones are a waste of money.

I have the new Kanger Subtank on order after trying my brother's one.

Huge cloud-chaser-pleasing vape and loads of flavour.

Big nic hit too. I could never go back to censored-flavour analogs now :)
Thoughts and prayers.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:24 pm

It was a recharable one but i found even the stronger liquids didnt smoke well i'd much rather flat out stop as well
This guy are sick