Who Vapes?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

crusto

Who Vapes?

Post by crusto » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Being a 20 per day smoker, I've struggled to quit for years now. And have even managed 2 years smoke free once, but try as a I might I always end up back on 20 per day.

But now I am a vaper, and it's great! I'm around 6 months in and reckon I have it sussed now, I can't ever see myself smoking again. I've gone from spending £9 per day on B+H to just £8 per week on e-liquid. Yes, I'm still having nicotine but from the research I've done it's arguably no more harmful than caffeine in the quantities I have it. Plus I'm inhaling no other harmful substances, unlike the ciggys which are pretty nasty in truth.

If anybody is considering vaping I recommend it. It takes a bit of getting used to and is a little harsh on the throat at first. But it's worth it in the long run. For what it's worth I use the vype e pen and my flavour of choice is dark cherry!

Eat your nans pants

HisNHer_LP

Re: Who Vapes?

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Im not a smoker, but I have noticed more people using these ECigs.

I didnt know how much peope spend on smoking.... its worth it for the saving alone!!! Congrats on that

tachi

Post by tachi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Well done on quitting the horrid things!
I was a big smoker about 10 years ago and somehow managed to quit with no serious repercussions so guess I was just lucky.
Now I see the ecigs everywhere, being used on buses, in the bloody canteen at work and pretty much everywhere cigarettes shouldn't be used so I do get really annoyed by that.
My problem is that unless I missed something in the last 5 years or so) no real study has been made on them and I have no idea what my child and I are being made to breath in when in enclosed spaces with them.
If there is scientific info, I would be very interested in reading it :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:55 am

I haven't seen any scientific info, I've just read loads of articles on the web at various times. I'm of the opinion that it is pretty safe, especially compared to the real thing. Apparently the worst that could happen to someone breathing in secondary vapour is a small chance of inhaling a minuscule amount of nicotine, not enough to cause addiction or any harm.

They don't smell, and its legal to smoke them indoors - so people are free to do so if they wish. Obviously it's up to individual landlords etc if they want to ban them or not in their premises. They are banned where I work though, so I just nip to the toilet for a few puffs! I rarely do it in public spaces because I'm used to not being able to do so when I smoked for real. Just a quick toot here and there, and only when I'm in a bit of space.

Eat your nans pants

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 am

2 years and counting for me now.

I've went the whole hog and upgraded to a Hana Modz 30 watt variable battery mod and I'm using the Aspire Nautilus tank with 1.6ohmz bvc coils.

I love it.
2015 NL East Division Champions.
2015 NL Championship Winners.
Let's Go Mets!

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:19 pm

rossi46 wrote:2 years and counting for me now.

I've went the whole hog and upgraded to a Hana Modz 30 watt variable battery mod and I'm using the Aspire Nautilus tank with 1.6ohmz bvc coils.

I love it.
Hey dude, send me some info on that if you can please. I'm always up for improving my vaping experience.

Eat your nans pants

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:39 pm

I just Googled it on my phone and there's tons of info right away. I can't copy past links very well with this daft machine
Let's Go Mets!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:50 pm

Someone that I know has all the mad alcoholic flavours in theirs. Seems more like a fashion accessory with some people!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:23 pm

For me, it's nicotine first and foremost, then the flavour!

Eat your nans pants

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:35 am

+1
Let's Go Mets!

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I was on Skycigs for a while and they were okay but they didnt provide the same hit that i get from a ciggarette so i often found myself going back to the real deal. I would get into Vaping proper but there are so many market sellers and dodgy goods out there that i am concerned about the repurcussions when they become more researched.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Glad to see you folks are no longer inhaling smoke directly, but you haven't really quit until you've stopped 'vaping' too.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

joefish

Post by joefish » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm

I think it's a great thing to switch, but I still react negatively to see it going on in places where smoking is prohibited, like cafés.

It's all too easy for those doing it to say it's fine, but that's purely on the basis that there simply haven't been any trials to prove anything. No doubt it's a hell of a lot better than inhaling all the other cr*p from burning tobacco. But there is not the evidence to say that it actually is harmless for you, those around you, or even those bits at the top of your wallpaper that have gone yellow and peeled off. Added to which those of us who don't smoke have been forced to put up with the casual attitude to burning sticks of death for decades, so admittedly it's habit as much as anything to balk at someone puffing away in the corner of a bar.

I also think it's great that the manufactures are seeking and welcome government regulation, to ensure consistency of product (OK, to restrict cheap imports), but also voluntarily refusing to sell to under-18s.

What does annoy me though is that they claim they only promote them as an aid to quit smoking (which is, frankly, in the majority of cases, complete b*ll*cks - people use it as a substitute, and may cut down a bit, but they're certainly not quitting), and then go on for the full-blown hypocrisy of returning to exactly the old sickening 'Hey kids - smoking's cool!' style of advertising of the 70s.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:38 pm

I was fortunate enough to be able to give up smoking without any external help and have been smoke free for nearly 4 years. I can no longer stand the smell of cigerette smoke. Personally I would welcome a ban for smoking in public places. Everytime I go into town I am always walking behind someone puffing away and the smoke goes in my face and makes me gag. I'm happy to be a hypocritical ex-smoker.
One thing about these Ecigs puzzles me though. I understand that they contain nicotine, which I believe is the addictive part of a standard cigerette. So there's no way an Ecig can actually aid you in giving up smoking because you are still inhaling the addictive substance. I would bet that many Vapers go back to real ciggies when the novelty has worn off. Have I got this wrong?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:01 pm

gman72 wrote:One thing about these Ecigs puzzles me though. I understand that they contain nicotine, which I believe is the addictive part of a standard cigerette. So there's no way an Ecig can actually aid you in giving up smoking because you are still inhaling the addictive substance. I would bet that many Vapers go back to real ciggies when the novelty has worn off. Have I got this wrong?
This is my feeling too.
Xbox Live: RetroBob