David

Re: CFW on a PSP Go

Post by David » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:02 pm

I am loving mine. Well impressed with the neo geo, cps1/2 and ps1 stuff on it

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Mine should be with me tomorrow :D :D
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:17 am

Well I had a nice surprise with my PSP Go in that there was also a 8gb Memory Card inserted :mrgreen:

From a product view I'm very impressed with the system, it looks sweet and the screen is crisp with only a little hint of blurring on some titles.
Emulation wise I'm pretty impressed with what I've tried so far but SNES emulation is lacklustre in my opinion with quite a few annoying sound issues on games like Mario World, I'll try a different version of the emulator and see if it is any better. The Mega Drive, Master System, NES, GBA and GBC emulation on the other hand is great. I'll try some other emulators later in the week when I have some free time.

I will add that the PSX side of things has really took me by surprise, i know it is "official" emulation but wow it works nigh on perfect with the handful of titles I've tried.

Definitely worth the money :mrgreen:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Mine should be with me tomorrow :D :D
Arrived today loose in a jiffy bag - luckily it doesn't seem to be damaged but its very dirty which is a bit annoying. But, at least its here now
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:52 am

DAM YOU ALL!!!

I just ordered one off CEX too..... hope mine isnt lose and dirty :( but I do hope it has a memory card too... lucky haha!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:40 am

HisNHer_LP wrote:DAM YOU ALL!!!

I just ordered one off CEX too..... hope mine isnt lose and dirty :( but I do hope it has a memory card too... lucky haha!
Was hoping for a memory card but nothing, except the power lead was in a freezer bag!!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:12 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
HisNHer_LP wrote:DAM YOU ALL!!!

Was hoping for a memory card but nothing, except the power lead was in a freezer bag!!
Ha. I used to keep all my cables and gadgets in freezer bags - see through and sealable!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Up and running. PS1 games do look amazing, as does Out Run coast to coast

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 am

Ordered yesterday and acording to CEX website, should be with me today!! how cool is that? not holding my breathe but will see when I get home from work.

if someone can point me in the direction of what everyone is using to allow for back ups of games we already own, I would be greatful... also, best emulators for each system? I use ISO Zone but its so slow with my rubbish internet :(

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:20 am

I'm using:

Snes9X Euphoria, Vice64, gbSP, NesterJ, Picodrive, Masterboy (for Gameboy & Master System)

For PS1 I have ripped my own discs and the same for PSP.

Quick question, is it possible to order the games on the PSP? The PS1 games are not in alphabetical order so it's a pain navigating them?

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:35 pm

It seems to order them according to the time the files were last created/modified - most recent at the top - so if you use a file manager like FreeCommander to give them all the same timestamp it should sort them by another means i.e. alphabetically.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:38 pm

I got mine today, a little scruffy looking but decent! Now to add the cool stuff to it :-)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Trying to update to 6.60 and its telling me to use the correct update EBOOT for my region :( BoooURNS!

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:I'm using:

Snes9X Euphoria, Vice64, gbSP, NesterJ, Picodrive, Masterboy (for Gameboy & Master System)

For PS1 I have ripped my own discs and the same for PSP.

Quick question, is it possible to order the games on the PSP? The PS1 games are not in alphabetical order so it's a pain navigating them?
Not the exact fix but you can at least group things by folders using Game Categories Lite. Fab little plug-in.

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:57 am

Forgot to point out before that the PSP GO I received had been updated to the latest 6.61 official firmware (which was released in January) Be sure to check what version your GO is running before trying to run the CFW and make sure you have a version that is compatible with it :)