CFW on a PSP Go

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

boggyb68

Re: CFW on a PSP Go

Post by boggyb68 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:50 pm

This has wetted my appetite.. will look into it, as I have a CFW original PSP bur fancy the Go.

As for ripping your own PS1/PSP discs, what's the best way to do it?

Cheers

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:02 pm

boggyb68 wrote:As for ripping your own PS1/PSP discs, what's the best way to do it?
PS1 - just create an ISO from the original disc using alcohol120 and use PSX2PSP to convert to an eboot (you can add a screenshot for the menu if you like, think you can also add a video but can't remember as I did this years ago!)

PSP - I think you will need a CFW PSP with UMD drive and some software on the PSP which rips it to the memory card (can't remember the name of the software right now)

EDIT: here is a link for the PS1 stuff, im sure the UMD converter will be in here somewhere!
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f160/howto- ... psp-60463/
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Thank alot Bub. Appreciate that. I presume that works for adding them onto the JXD also, apart from the necessity of the eboot part?

Will try and grab a PSP Go at the weekend, just looked online and some CEX have them at places I am going to or passing through. :)

Cheers

B.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Thank alot Bub. Appreciate that. I presume that works for adding them onto the JXD also, apart from the necessity of the eboot part?

Will try and grab a PSP Go at the weekend, just looked online and some CEX have them at places I am going to or passing through. :)

Cheers

B.
I have had a few psp's in the past but the go is great, I love it and games look amazing on it, worth it when you think about the 16gb built in

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Thank alot Bub. Appreciate that. I presume that works for adding them onto the JXD also, apart from the necessity of the eboot part
Actually, the eboot files also work on the JXD, useful as you can combine multi disc games into one eboot.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Cheers again Bub,

Managed to pick one up in CEX in Maidstone today, it only came in this morning, black, boxed and it is in mint condition.

Am about to start CFWing it up, but got a couple of niggles, it will not connect to my wi-fi saying the security protocol is not supported, it only seems to like WPA-PSK (TKIP) while my new Sky Fibre router uses WPA2 and it is already updated to 6.61, will this cause issues and if so can it be downgraded back to 6.60?

I do like it though, a great little gadget.

Cheers

B.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 pm

HisNHer_LP wrote:
I have had a few psp's in the past but the go is great, I love it and games look amazing on it, worth it when you think about the 16gb built in
I have still got my original fat PSP which is still working great and is CFW'd and chock full of emu' s but the screen is much better and the built in memory is very handy, and I ilke the size and the way you slide the screen. :)

Cheers

B.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:16 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Cheers again Bub,

Managed to pick one up in CEX in Maidstone today, it only came in this morning, black, boxed and it is in mint condition.

Am about to start CFWing it up, but got a couple of niggles, it will not connect to my wi-fi saying the security protocol is not supported, it only seems to like WPA-PSK (TKIP) while my new Sky Fibre router uses WPA2 and it is already updated to 6.61, will this cause issues and if so can it be downgraded back to 6.60?

I do like it though, a great little gadget.

Cheers

B.
You can still do the cfw with it being on 6.61, the first post I thik has links to the files needed, I updated mine to 6.60, but I have to run the cfw flash every time I turn it on, but I have no issue with that as it only takes about 30 seconds max,

As for your Internet issue, I have no idea, I have no reason to take mine online due to doing all my downloading on laptop etc

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Anyone know of any good Homebrew sites / games forthe PSP?

So far I have the following

FlappyBird
Slender 1.00 - Yet to play
MAD Tv - Yet to play
CaveStory - Yet to play
And the 3 Zelda games based on ALTTP

Any others or any sites worth checking out?

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks matey, 6.61 works fine as you said. Loving it atm.

Do you all use a Sony Memory Stick Mico M2 with it or is there an adapter for a micro SD card available?

Cheers B.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:08 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Thanks matey, 6.61 works fine as you said. Loving it atm.

Do you all use a Sony Memory Stick Mico M2 with it or is there an adapter for a micro SD card available?

Cheers B.
I have an adapter you can have if you want.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:
boggyb68 wrote:Thanks matey, 6.61 works fine as you said. Loving it atm.

Cheers B.
Is there such thing as one? I didn't realise psp gos took m2, I though they where microsd, quick search comes up with nothing, do you have a pic / info?

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:15 pm

I bought a Sandisk 8GB Gaming Card M2.

Slightly annoying it takes M2 cards as I have 2 x 32gb micro SD in my PSP full up with everything I need.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Is 8GB the highest these cards go? wouldnt mind another 16gb or more

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:
Thanks mate, that would be great. Appreciate that.

Cheers

B.