What anime are you watching thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24980
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 04, 2015 11:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pky53HwFE

Lupin III returns and it dont look like they cheeped out on the animation and artwork.
A series for Bond fans (the studio Ghibli film dont feel like a Lupin film)

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by c0nfu53d » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Watching Clannad ~After Story~

Excellent show.

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:34 am

Finished Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul which was awesome. Love the characters and the fights in it are ace.

Started Rokka on Crunchyroll which seems decent enough early on.

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 am

Film 4 are showing a few Studio Ghibli films this week. Plus, the supposedly final film When Marnie Was There is being released in the autumn.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24980
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:59 am

Watched Angel Cop on VHS yesterday

Was a load of tosh with a little girl with a really annoying voice

User avatar
leefishuk
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:56 am

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by leefishuk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Does old school manga count?
Randomly found The Professional Golgo 13 on YouTube. Brutal.
Going to rewatch all 12 episodes of Guyver.

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Should I watch Akira - again? I saw it years ago on BBC 2 - and I have the DVD for sometime now.

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:27 pm

DPrinny wrote:Watched Angel Cop on VHS yesterday

Was a load of tosh with a little girl with a really annoying voice
I added this to my wish list 2 days ago on amazon. I then bought volume 1 from an old 2nd hand store yesterday. Not watched it yet :?

I got a VCR last week and am looking to get a load of anime that was never released on DVD (here in the UK). Got a huge wishlist of stuff now. Won a few tapes on ebay too so have them to look forward to.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24980
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Watched Angel Cop on VHS yesterday

Was a load of tosh with a little girl with a really annoying voice
I added this to my wish list 2 days ago on amazon. I then bought volume 1 from an old 2nd hand store yesterday. Not watched it yet :?

I got a VCR last week and am looking to get a load of anime that was never released on DVD (here in the UK). Got a huge wishlist of stuff now. Won a few tapes on ebay too so have them to look forward to.
I hope you are watching on a CRT TV, IT FEELS TO RIGHT

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Black Ridge wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Watched Angel Cop on VHS yesterday

Was a load of tosh with a little girl with a really annoying voice
I added this to my wish list 2 days ago on amazon. I then bought volume 1 from an old 2nd hand store yesterday. Not watched it yet :?

I got a VCR last week and am looking to get a load of anime that was never released on DVD (here in the UK). Got a huge wishlist of stuff now. Won a few tapes on ebay too so have them to look forward to.
I hope you are watching on a CRT TV, IT FEELS TO RIGHT
Of course! Thank goodness for my scart splitter

I also have The Legend of Crystania (I think that's what it's called). Bought that from amazon for something like £2.30 posted. Amazing how much stuff never made it to DVD for better or for worse

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24980
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Its all about the license
Manga entertainment cant get the rights to Fist of the north star, same with other country's, its also the same with the series, they stopped about episode 30, a lot are just left the classics collection helped get some out, but it had a lot of crap that could in no way be called a classic

DARK MYTH IS THE DULLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

DPrinny wrote: DARK MYTH IS THE DULLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN
Words cannot express my dislike for Dark Myth

User avatar
leefishuk
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:56 am

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by leefishuk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:16 am

Katzkatz wrote:Should I watch Akira - again? I saw it years ago on BBC 2 - and I have the DVD for sometime now.
I know it's been said a billion times but Akira is absolutely superb. Easily my favourite manga film.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24980
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 am

This weeks Gintama, a-are the creators gonna get sued by Toei animation for all the Saint Seiya things happening?

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What anime are you watching thread

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Been rewatching Rental Magica, show doesn't really go anywhere but it's a really entertaining show imo.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests