Messi
63%
Ronaldo
38%

Total votes: 16

Scratch_Porkings

Re: Messi or Ronaldo?

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:37 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Can't be doing with either. Both are overrated and can't perform on the world stage; this is beacause players aren't allowed to tackle in Spain.
Yes, and i think the Spanish league are looking after their top stars. How many time are them two allowed through on goal basicly unchallenged. Its daft.
Scott me up beamie!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm going for Messi. I think Messi could have Ronaldo easy. Messi looks like he's got a bit of karate tucked away. Doesn't talk about it. Saves it for when it's needed. Know what I mean? I think he owns a few nunchucks.
Ronaldo looks soft as pigpoo. His mam dresses him. He's a marshmallow. You can tell by his sulky crybaby face. The boy Ronaldo's a blouse. "Ronaldo" means "lacks the vitamins" in english I should think.

Danny Dyer would back Messi. I think he's right. It isn't even a contest.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:54 pm

the_hawk wrote:He plays on the left, he plays on the right.
Makes Messi & Ronaldo look like sh*te.
He'll turn you outside in.
Nial McGinn, Nial McGinn, Nial McGinn.

What was the question again?
My youngest went on a couple of dates with him.

I'm not sad it fizzled out.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Oh no, please don't tell me he was a bit of a t1t, I think he's awesome, don't spoil the illusion!

2 m 30 s in...

http://youtu.be/ZL34fKTVlv4
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:58 am

Nah, he was ok, just not that spark she's looking for. But I don't really want a footballer as a son in law, it would bore the censored out of me.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 am

I've told my daughters there only allowed to go out with boys who own snooker clubs. Whats the point in having daughters if you cant get a free game of snooker?
Scott me up beamie!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:36 am

Scratch_Porkings wrote:I've told my daughters there only allowed to go out with boys who own snooker clubs. Whats the point in having daughters if you cant get a free game of snooker?

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:43 am

Ronaldo cos he did it in the Prem and la Liga. Messi looks like a dodgy plumber.
Going Solo...................

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 am

I think I'm going to have to go with Ronaldo as well. Not only has he proved he can do it in another country, and another league, but if you look at the stats between the two, there isn't much difference in the assists*, chances created/key passes etc, so he's every bit as good when it comes to being a team player.

*most pointless, irrelevant stat invented, admittedly.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:56 pm

If you were to build a footballer, you would build Ronaldo. 6ft, fast, strong, two footed, strong in the air, skillful etc. He is the perfect footballer.

He is a bad team player though so I would load him with the attitude towards others as Messi.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

SonicTheHedgehog

Post by SonicTheHedgehog » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:37 pm

There's not much in it between the 2 but over the entirety of their careers i think Messi. And in my eyes He s prettier (personality) and more understated too. As Nakamura mentioned though if you were to build a perfect footballer on paper purely from a technical & mechanical perspective then Ronaldo would fit the bill and over the past 12 months he's been the best. It just seems the football gods when creating him gave him too many personality weaknesses like envy/jealousy/insecurity e.t.c although he uses those things as fuel to try and improve. Messi though seems to have none of those personality flaws and yet over the entirety of their careers still manages to be the best (accrding to the stats) and he's nearly 2 years younger too.
The square is a great shape, and one that is criminally underused in modern game design. In the push to ever more granular, chaotic environments, games have lost sight of the simple pleasures of right angles and straight lines.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm

For me the perfect player is Alan Shearer. Pace, power, great shot, great team player, strong in the air, able to hold a ball up and a lethal finisher.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"