Secret Santa 2014 . . . here we go again

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: Secret Santa 2014 . . . here we go again

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:29 pm

samhain81 wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:No word from my one yet either, but that's fine - I know they have a family and this is a busy time of year :D
I think you'll find they have
I know you have, yep, thanks very much :D

I was talking about my recipient, see...
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:04 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
samhain81 wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:No word from my one yet either, but that's fine - I know they have a family and this is a busy time of year :D
I think you'll find they have
I know you have, yep, thanks very much :D

I was talking about my recipient, see...
ahh ok sorry. Still a little tipsy

:)

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm

gman72 wrote:
markopoloman wrote:My SS is an awesome person.
Many thanks, Marko. Glad you liked it.

I received a limited edition PS3 game that i didnt have, a very interesting book on the Speccy and some yummies. Many thanks to my SS. :D
I was trying to guess my SS.... You were not even in the top 10 possibilities :lol: Most excellent choice of C64 stuff - you're a good man :mrgreen:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:46 pm

markopoloman wrote:
gman72 wrote:
markopoloman wrote:My SS is an awesome person.
Many thanks, Marko. Glad you liked it.

I received a limited edition PS3 game that i didnt have, a very interesting book on the Speccy and some yummies. Many thanks to my SS. :D
I was trying to guess my SS.... You were not even in the top 10 possibilities :lol: Most excellent choice of C64 stuff - you're a good man :mrgreen:
its all good, mate. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:01 pm

BIG thanks to Andy for what was (hand on heart) the best secret santa I have EVER had :D :D :D

Not only did I get some Commodore Format cover tapes that I was missing, but also these two amazing mini Mini posters :) they will be framed and on the wall soon

Thanks again
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:04 pm

rocky1980 wrote:BIG thanks to Andy for what was (hand on heart) the best secret santa I have EVER had :D :D :D

Not only did I get some Commodore Format cover tapes that I was missing, but also these two amazing mini Mini posters :) they will be framed and on the wall soon

Thanks again
dude it was my absolute pleasure, when i realised you were into minis i realised there was something you might like, I was gutted that there werent any classic car shows I was invited to in that time as I would have bought something for a mini from there (I'm an ex mini owner, albeit I recieved one as a project car for my 18th birthday then we got a bill of about £700 to make it road legal, back in 1999 it was more than they were worth). It was a 1987 advantage model and would be worth.....I have no idea how much now.

These days I go all over the north of England with classic car clubs as my dad owns one of the few Rochdale Gt's that exist and are road legal, and everyone knows eachother, I think every road legal one is in Les Brown's book that came out this year

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:45 am

Well from my Secret Santa I got a Lego Batman v Superman glossy photo, a Terry Pratchet Book, an ace Luke Skywalker Booble-Head and one of my favourites a large Toblerone.

Excellent pressies, thanks Secret Santa. Still not sure who you are though.

I did take a photo but I always have problems uploading them on here for some reason.

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:12 am

Brilliant to hear everyone seems to have really enjoyed SS this year and as yet i've received no complaints or queries so that's fantastic!
my not so secret santa sent me one of the few heat reactive mugs i didn't already have (space invaders), a Dr Who "WhoOlogy" book, some chocolate coins and some Mario lucky eggs all very much appreciated :)
Liamh1982 wrote:
I mentioned that I was looking at collecting Famiclones and plug-and-plays and lawks a-lordie, that's exactly what I got:

Ultimate TV Game - Famiclone that looks like a PSone (albeit with a crude relief of a skateboarder who looks a bit like Sweetchuck from Police Academy), looks like it plays actual Famicom carts too so there's another thing I'm gonna have to start trawling eBay for!

N-Joypad - already have one of these but the box is less sun-damaged than mine and the controllers aren't completely fooked.

25-in-1 Intellivision - my 10-in-1 doesn't even load half the games on it, I'd actually been looking for one of these.

Mega TV Drive Challenge - I'm certainly intrigued at how easily tennis games and Arkanoid clones play with a steering wheel (actually, the latter might not be too bad).

My SS doesn't actually need to put himself forward, having made the elementary mistake of leaving the myHermes label with the sender's details on it - the last thing I'd have expected from the organiser of the whole thing! :lol:

Mind you, I'd have had a very good idea who it was anyway considering I've already seen all of these on his YouTube channel.
Based on my previous experiences with MyHerpes i felt i had no choice but to follow their rules to the letter and include the slip hoping my recipient wouldn't recognise my name, obviously the size of the package limited my postage options as it was bloody massive! hope you enjoyed it anyway and very glad to hear you watch my channel :)
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:33 am

Helensification wrote:Well from my Secret Santa I got a Lego Batman v Superman glossy photo, a Terry Pratchet Book, an ace Luke Skywalker Booble-Head and one of my favourites a large Toblerone.

I did take a photo but I always have problems uploading them on here for some reason.

CLUE:
It was me! Merry Xmas, Helen :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:09 pm

still dunno if my SS liked theirs :(

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:59 pm

tell him whoever you are........

please :D

Ads3

Post by Ads3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Was at the in-laws over xmas so haven't been able to post.

Anyways I received retrogamer #68, a sonic tee(shadow) and some pineapple cubes. Thanks SS.

Can't wait for next years :D

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:35 pm

I finally got time to open my RGSS having arrived back from Christmas with parents! So good to be home! Yay!!

So, Secret Santa, you did a great job! Much thread trawling or perhaps you know how much I like Commodore??!

My SS very kindly sent me a copy of Commodore: A Company on the Edge, SID Chip Sounds CD, and some gold coins that I'm currently munching my way through :)

Thank you Santa and I hope you had a very merry Christmas :D

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Helensification wrote:Well from my Secret Santa I got a Lego Batman v Superman glossy photo, a Terry Pratchet Book, an ace Luke Skywalker Booble-Head and one of my favourites a large Toblerone.

CLUE:
It was me! Merry Xmas, Helen :D
Excellent Ryan. Thanks for the pressies. You can tell you know me lol. Oh and hope you have a Happy New Year :)

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Well I'd love to know who got me socks. I mean seriously, socks... :evil:

Just kidding, how can you complain about Street Fighter socks. :D

ReplayRetro wrote:Brilliant to hear everyone seems to have really enjoyed SS this year and as yet i've received no complaints or queries so that's fantastic!
my not so secret santa sent me one of the few heat reactive mugs i didn't already have (space invaders), a Dr Who "WhoOlogy" book, some chocolate coins and some Mario lucky eggs all very much appreciated :)
Pleased that you are pleased with the presents. :D

So what was actually in the Mario eggs as I picked them up on a whim as an extra present.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!