Is the forum in decline?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JazzFunk

Re: Is the forum in decline?

Post by JazzFunk » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 pm

I only tend to post when I'm not involved with women.

Hence this post. Expect more posts until I am engulfed by vagina again. For some reason, women act as a kind of vaginismus to my forum activity, I become a non-active member.

Now I am a swollen member again. :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue May 10, 2016 7:46 pm

JazzFunk wrote:I only tend to post when I'm not involved with women.

Hence this post. Expect more posts until I am engulfed by vagina again. For some reason, women act as a kind of vaginismus to my forum activity, I become a non-active member.

Now I am a swollen member again. :D
I'm in the same boat as you well it's just the one woman in my case:) I still miss her so spending more time on here and gaming take my mind off her :cry:
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 pm

It's usually always one for me. But one always feels like an army of them, hehe. Time to cleanse my mind for a bit and talk about the best version(s) of Doom...

I haven't been on here in a bit, though. Does Crunchy still post?

I know what people mean by same old, same old...but it's in the DNA of retro gaming. It goes with the territory. Like, there's a C64 vs Speccy thread right now...and it's a bad thing but also a good thing. Ya can't win.

Let's all go play sticky biscuit with a tape copy of Horace Goes Skiing and sod the rest of whatever's going on everywhere and anywhere. ;)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:00 am

Matt_B wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:Original thread started in summer, revived during a warm spell. Strikes me that too many people are enjoying the weather to post here.
But the hot weather doesn't stop them from making 59 billion Facebook posts, so why is that? Fo
It's always hot here too, but I still post. :)
You're in Australia, aren't you? Saying Oz is usually hot is like saying the sky is blue or water is wet.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed May 11, 2016 4:46 am

JazzFunk wrote:It's usually always one for me. But one always feels like an army of them, hehe. Time to cleanse my mind for a bit and talk about the best version(s) of Doom...

I haven't been on here in a bit, though. Does Crunchy still post?

I know what people mean by same old, same old...but it's in the DNA of retro gaming. It goes with the territory. Like, there's a C64 vs Speccy thread right now...and it's a bad thing but also a good thing. Ya can't win.

Let's all go play sticky biscuit with a tape copy of Horace Goes Skiing and sod the rest of whatever's going on everywhere and anywhere. ;)
Crunchy's gone he asked for his account to be deleted Koops has been banned as well.. They had a Doom thread only versions I played or the PS1 and Snes versions.. When it comes to PC gaming all I've played is Max Payne.. That reminds me I really should start a best Max Payne thread:)

Good to see you back Jazz I hoped resurrecting this thread that a few of the old regular posters may post...

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 am

Shinobi wrote:
Treguard wrote:Surely commenting on the forum being in decline in a thread last posted in 2 years ago is testament to the fact it isn't?
That's the sort or response I expected from a certain Somebody who's willing to give murderers the benefit of the doubt and models himself after Che Guerrero – a racist sociopath who helped to establish a regime that butchered all its opponents and threw into jail anyone who disagreed with him.. I expected better from you Tregard..
A DUNGEON, I would throw people into a DUNGEON. Not jail. Then make them stumble around in a helmet with no eyeholes and big horns on it for my amusement.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 am

The forum seems more lively than it was about a year ago. The "It's All About the Games" section seems to have quite a few new topics, and not just on the modern stuff, but retro as well. Okay, the forum and magazine are a few years old now - and a lot of subjects/games have been covered - but of late, some new topics have been discussed.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 am

Treguard wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
Treguard wrote:Surely commenting on the forum being in decline in a thread last posted in 2 years ago is testament to the fact it isn't?
That's the sort or response I expected from a certain Somebody who's willing to give murderers the benefit of the doubt and models himself after Che Guerrero – a racist sociopath who helped to establish a regime that butchered all its opponents and threw into jail anyone who disagreed with him.. I expected better from you Tregard..
A DUNGEON, I would throw people into a DUNGEON. Not jail. Then make them stumble around in a helmet with no eyeholes and big horns on it for my amusement.
Or lock them in a room with 'Folly' now that's a fate worse then death I'm surprised you managed to stick him for eight series:) Your later apprentice Pickle or whatever his name was less said about him the better..

That reminds me wasn't there a guy wearing a cows skull dressed in black and the Dungeoneers could spy on him with your crystal ball.. He's not turned up in the first 3 series as yet or did I imagine him?

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed May 11, 2016 9:45 am

Shinobi wrote:
Treguard wrote:
Shinobi wrote: That's the sort or response I expected from a certain Somebody who's willing to give murderers the benefit of the doubt and models himself after Che Guerrero – a racist sociopath who helped to establish a regime that butchered all its opponents and threw into jail anyone who disagreed with him.. I expected better from you Tregard..
Or lock them in a room with 'Folly' now that's a fate worse then death I'm surprised you managed to stick him for eight series:) Your later apprentice Pickle or whatever his name was less said about him the better..

That reminds me wasn't there a guy wearing a cows skull dressed in black and the Dungeoneers could spy on him with your crystal ball.. He's not turned up in the first 3 series as yet or did I imagine him?
Lord Fear, you got to spy on him with the spyglass, appropriately. He only appears in series 5-8. If you've got to Pickle and the Eye Shield, you're at series 4.

joefish

Post by joefish » Wed May 11, 2016 11:34 am

Well one user has been logged in all day spawning spam thread after spam thread and nothing's been done about it.
So yes, the forum's in decline.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed May 11, 2016 11:45 am

joefish wrote:Well one user has been logged in all day spawning spam thread after spam thread and nothing's been done about it.
Oh come on, there's some damn fine origami floating about!

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed May 11, 2016 12:03 pm

joefish wrote:Well one user has been logged in all day spawning spam thread after spam thread and nothing's been done about it.
But sure *insert name of forum regular* has been on the forum for years.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed May 11, 2016 3:22 pm

In my opinion yes.Compared to a few years back its declined a hell of a lot.The last couple of years especially it has gone down hill a lot in every way.Thats just my personal opinion though.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed May 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:Why do people who keep whinging about both the state of the forum and magazine keep coming back to whinge more about it? There is more to life surely than continually participating in a bad habit you don't even like.
I can't remember the last time I wanted somebody's fingers to break so badly. . The fact that you even waste your time coming here trying super hard to convince yourself that your not just some guy on the internet on a forum which your universally disliked, " shows me you are in fact a person that has no positive impact on society. You easily rank as the most egotistical person I have ever seen since I've been here. Your delusions are by far a testament to your mental disorder that you obviously have, and I implore you to seek professional help.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Shinobi wrote:
I can't remember the last time I wanted somebody's fingers to break so badly. . The fact that you even waste your time coming here trying super hard to convince yourself that your not just some guy on the internet on a forum which your universally disliked, " shows me you are in fact a person that has no positive impact on society. You easily rank as the most egotistical person I have ever seen since I've been here. Your delusions are by far a testament to your mental disorder that you obviously have, and I implore you to seek professional help.
:lol: What an extraordinary unprovoked and random outburst. You seem to be having a hard time of it lately.

You and I have hardly ever spoken, and the last time we did, you made similar daft remarks, but then apologised and said someone had put you up to it to troll me. You've done this to another poster on here as well I've noticed, Elgin_Mcqueen. You seem very angry at the world. Thanks for the medical advice.

I'm going off to bed now with my girlfriend.