Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Tekken 2 (the film) trailer

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Megamixer

Re: Tekken 2 (the film) trailer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Even as just a normal movie it looks awful, let alone as a Tekken movie :|

The first one was awful and this looks no different. Is it really that hard to do an authentic job? Nobody who is a fan of Tekken will appreciate this and non-fans will just see it as a load of random rubbish.

The CG Blood Vengeance film was how it should be done. Just do another of those or a decent anime one (not counting that awful 90's version).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Jesus. Somebody please just tell me what I just watched :?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Son_of_Shinobi wrote:Jesus. Somebody please just tell me what I just watched :?
Well if this thread is anything to go by its the trailer for the tekken 2 movie

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:11 pm

As nasty as the first Tekken was, I still think that KOF is the worst of all game > movie adaptations. Felt like vomiting after watching that terrible, terrible shite...

How Namco and SNK don't care about the gross mis-accuracy in these 'movies' is a mystery.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Megamixer wrote:As nasty as the first Tekken was, I still think that KOF is the worst of all game > movie adaptations. Felt like vomiting after watching that terrible, terrible shite...

How Namco and SNK don't care about the gross mis-accuracy in these 'movies' is a mystery.
Mario Brothers would like a word with you on that

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Megamixer wrote:As nasty as the first Tekken was, I still think that KOF is the worst of all game > movie adaptations. Felt like vomiting after watching that terrible, terrible shite...

Id rate the live action Tekken over KOF which is just horrifically bad - like car crahs bad - 4 door family car hitting a fuel tanker, it exploding and peoples faces just melting off..although that would probably be more fun to watch. What did you rate of Dead or Alive then? I think that is another really bad film adapt...Devon Aoki as Kasumi? Devon is such an ugly girl, kasumi is the complete opposite. A total cheese fest, yet the movie works quite well as it's exactly what the game is about, mostly flesh and jiggly boobs for no apparent reason. I like how they at least made an effor getting people who kinda resemble the characters they were playing in Tekken, the costumes were also very well done. The least said bout kazuyas facial hair and ...yoshimitsu the better.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Son_of_Shinobi wrote:What did you rate of Dead or Alive then? I think that is another really bad film adapt...Devon Aoki as Kasumi? Devon is such an ugly girl, kasumi is the complete opposite. A total cheese fest, yet the movie works quite well as it's exactly what the game is about, mostly flesh and jiggly boobs for no apparent reason.
Utter rubbish but worth watching at least once because - as you say - they at least got the selling point of the games down :P . Weirdly, it's Bayman who looks the most accurate in this film.
Son_of_Shinobi wrote: I like how they at least made an effor getting people who kinda resemble the characters they were playing in Tekken, the costumes were also very well done. The least said bout kazuyas facial hair and ...yoshimitsu the better.
Or the fact that Yoshimitsu dies? Some of the costumes looked good but the plot was awful (and very little like the games) and the characters just weren't anything like what they were supposed to be. Since when were Nina and Anna Kazuya's b*tches? I gave up all hope as soon as Kazuya started fighting with axes :roll:

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:34 pm

What a load of bargain basement sh1ttt!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Not seen either but if someone could rate them against Uwe Boll's atrocities that would clear it up for me how bad they are.

Saying that what's really the difference between two turds :lol: