Rik Mayall is dead

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sputryk

Re: Rik Mayall is dead

Post by Sputryk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Apparently:

ITV1, Sunday 22nd, 10:30 The New Statesman episode 1, followed by Rik Mayall Presents....

Yeah! 8)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:02 am

I bought a book on amazon shops, his autobiog, it was a signed copy (only £15), there 2 others on there at similar prices at the time. Funnily enough days passed, it had not been despatched, all other copies rapidly were bought up. Then I get a message yesterday seller has cancelled your purchase, hmmmmmmm I wonder why. Properly peeved though, I bought from this seller as they had 100% feedback compared to other sellers......not anymore, Utter B&*stard
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 am

Sputryk wrote:Apparently:

ITV1, Sunday 22nd, 10:30 The New Statesman episode 1, followed by Rik Mayall Presents....

Yeah! 8)
Too late at night again. Why can't they do this at 9pm? Hopefully it'll be on the ITV Player, though there's no downloads on that one AFAIK, only streaming.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:45 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sputryk wrote:Apparently:

Yeah! 8)
Too late at night again. Why can't they do this at 9pm? Hopefully it'll be on the ITV Player, though there's no downloads on that one AFAIK, only streaming.
Its obvious. There is a world cup on !

Sure it'll be on the ITV player or theres such things as recorders ;)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 pm

I have no recorder. They need one TV channel for the footie. There's a few ITV channels they could stuff something decent on instead. I'm not asking for the footie to be replaced.

I may just resort to torrents. If they don't want to put their shows on when I need, and they won't let me download to watch on the bus, they leave me no choice.

I'm sure Rik wouldn't mind.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:35 pm

^Ususalliy if you Google the name its on some video streaming site

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:59 pm

The only... buffering... problem with... buffering... streaming is all the... buffering... stopping and... buffering... starting.

Hence I prefer torrents.

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I have no recorder.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

That would almost be like not having TV! I use mine almost every day.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:38 am

But then if you have a torrent client, a half decent broadband connection and a fair-sized hard drive you don't really need a recorder so swings and roundabouts...

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:02 am

Liamh1982 wrote:But then if you have a torrent client, a half decent broadband connection and a fair-sized hard drive you don't really need a recorder so swings and roundabouts...
I have all those, but It's still a massive hassle downloading things compared to pressing one red button.
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I have no recorder. They need one TV channel for the footie. There's a few ITV channels they could stuff something decent on instead. I'm not asking for the footie to be replaced.

I may just resort to torrents. If they don't want to put their shows on when I need, and they won't let me download to watch on the bus, they leave me no choice.

I'm sure Rik wouldn't mind.
You have no recorder ? Is the year 1977 !?

I got rid of Sky a while back but i'm loving recording stuff on freesat.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:22 am

necronom wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:But then if you have a torrent client, a half decent broadband connection and a fair-sized hard drive you don't really need a recorder so swings and roundabouts...
I have all those, but It's still a massive hassle downloading things compared to pressing one red button.
Nope.

I mainly use a feed from showrss. I told it the shows I watch and it automatically throws any new episodes into my downloader. I don't have to push any buttons once I've selected the show from a list. Effectively, its 'series record' for torrents.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 am

And with torrents you don't have to fast forward through the adverts or have to make sure you record an extra five minutes at the end just in case. It's also easier to watch them on more than one device.

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:51 am

Don't you end up with versions in French, or subtitles over it? I had to download a film twice a few weeks ago, as the first one was in French with no warning at all. It wasn't a French film.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Rarely.showrss is pretty good, and you can always add filters since the filenames usually indicate stuff like that (all those obscure things like stfr in the name tell you this if you can be bothered). I don't download movies though, only TV for time shifting.