Odd Paypal query..

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Space_turnip

Odd Paypal query..

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:07 pm

..well, not really a query, just something a bit odd I just noticed. When using Paypal, the preferred payment I've set is direct from Bank Account. The secondary is from Debit card (which is the card linked to the account anyway, so no actual difference). Usually, it just goes through normally as directly from the bank and shows up in Paypal as that. I've just noticed that a purchase today on ebay has instead classed it as a 'credit card payment' (in fact, from the debit card). Any purchase I now try to make from ebay automatically says it's coming from the card. Oddly, I just bought a humble bundle purchase and that, as normal, has taken it from the bank account. I'm sure it's nothing, but I can't get my head round the fact that ebay has for some reason deemed my payments to now be from card rather than bank. Is there some sort of policy update I've missed, or have I missed something else?

Sel Feena

Re: Odd Paypal query..

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:31 pm

I've had something similar, and never really got a satisfactory answer. It seems that whenever I make payments to other PayPal users, it goes through by card rather than directly with my bank account as I have set as my preferred method. To be honest I ended up just shrugging my shoulders and leaving it.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 pm

you can manually switch where payment goes from, when you checkout an auction on ebay, if its bothering you.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Thing is I can't change it. When the option comes up for changing payment on the confirmation screen, it only lists the debit card. I de-linked the ebay and paypal, and signed out, and it automatically went back to back transfer. Linked them again, and it's choosing card without the option for change again. All very odd. It won't cause any issues as far as I can tell, just a little odd.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 am

Space_turnip wrote:Thing is I can't change it. When the option comes up for changing payment on the confirmation screen, it only lists the debit card. I de-linked the ebay and paypal, and signed out, and it automatically went back to back transfer. Linked them again, and it's choosing card without the option for change again. All very odd. It won't cause any issues as far as I can tell, just a little odd.
sounds like a glitch that needs patching to me. Let ebay know mate. It sounds like there's not much else you can do.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Arcadian

Post by Arcadian » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 pm

I've been having exactly the same problem - it first started about a month ago (lasted for about a week perhaps).

It's been fine for the last few weeks, but earlier today it started doing the same thing i.e. only showing the card options, as opposed to a bank-funded transfer.

The work-around I used was to transfer money from internet banking to Paypal (which gets added to your Paypal Balance instantly) and then pay for my items using Paypal balance.