3%
Commando
8%

Total votes: 39

Negative Creep

Re: Best 80's action film

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Son_of_Shinobi wrote:
fredghostmaster wrote:James Cameron once said the second film was a better film.
He also said in an interview that he would class the original Terminator as a sci-fi horror, and the sequel more of a "sci-fi thriller" movie. His words, not mine.
I can actually see horror aspects in the first film, since the concept of being chased by an emotionless killer that never requires a second's rest is a pretty scary one
Antiriad2097 wrote:Commando is alright, but its almost a parody of action flicks, its so cheesy and dated. I think nostalgia plays a big factor with it. I remember enjoying it, and parts of it are ok, but there are many scenes that just make me cringe now. At the time it was massive, but its been supeseded several times over by later movies.

Random fact - Die Hard started life as its sequel

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Yes it was. Funnily enough, Arnie was considered for both the main roles in Die Hard and Robocop - according to the trivia on IMDB

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:04 am

Son_of_Shinobi wrote:Yes it was. Funnily enough, Arnie was considered for both the main roles in Die Hard and Robocop - according to the trivia on IMDB
I'd be surprised if there were many big budget action movies where he wasn't considered in that period. Let's face it; he was box office dynamite until Last Action Hero.

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Son_of_Shinobi wrote:Yes it was. Funnily enough, Arnie was considered for both the main roles in Die Hard and Robocop - according to the trivia on IMDB
I'd be surprised if there were many big budget action movies where he wasn't considered in that period. Let's face it; he was box office dynamite until Last Action Hero.
Yeah, is a shame that his most recent efforts have bombed. I thought the Last Stand was fairly enjoyable, Sabotage not so much so.

I am preying that he works well in Terminator : Genesis - the story they have made for his aged appearance seems to be viable enough

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Am I the only one who thought Last Action Hero wasn't that bad? Not a classic by any means, and becomes the generic action film it was parodying by the third act, but still quite fun

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Am I the only one who thought Last Action Hero wasn't that bad? Not a classic by any means, and becomes the generic action film it was parodying by the third act, but still quite fun
I liked it too, the young actor bugged me a bit but not enough to spoil the film, far from it. An entertaining flick.

Eat your nans pants

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:43 pm

I just really liked the bit when the dogs did the balancing act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ip4BGuaPig

:lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)