What is your favourite 'worst' PSX game?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Dirk Gently

What is your favourite 'worst' PSX game?

Post by Dirk Gently » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Some fairly horrific titles came out on the old PS, but I wonder do any of you guys have any recollections of a game or 'games', that stood out as being particularly nasty?

I'm not just talking dull as ditchwater gameplay stuff here - Hugo etc.

What about mind baffingly bizarre. In that you cannae understand the cheek of somebody 'developing' it? I remember some titles (early in the life of the console) when it seemed any old garbage was good as long as it fitted into the case. Was there some Aerosmith game anybody? That frightened me when I saw the box.

I'd be interested to hear what anybody thinks, I've just dug out the old PS and instead of sitting in front of the fire with a beer, I'm playing Ape Escape.

With a beer though.

I hope Ape Escape isnae supposed to be crap as I'm getting a hoot out've it.

Peace & Love.

p.s isnae & hoot shouldnae be in the same sentence I know.

silvergunner

Re: What is your favourite 'worst' PSX game?

Post by silvergunner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 am

Independece day was bad but for some reason I half enjoyed it. Looks real bad now :lol:

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am

Zero Divide

I got it with my PS1 back in the day and although it is the most sluggish beat em up in the history of the world, I got hours out of it.
Going Solo...................

Roo

Post by Roo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 am

I remember the PlayStation version of Chef's Luv Shack getting a complete baw-bootin' from the critics at the time. Fair enough, it was a shameless cash-in that probably took the studio's work experience student a lunchtime to develop, but it's still one that my mates and I enjoy playing. Lots of good memories of Chef's Luv Shack multiplayer sessions.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:17 am

I'd rather remember the good games TBH.
Let's start a Remember The Crap Games on 2600 thread instead shall we?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:13 am

Shouldn't this be in the games section? I know how much you all like to bint about that sort of thing.

Dirk Gently

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 pm

koopa42 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the games section? I know how much you all like to bint about that sort of thing.
It should have been really, too much beer, wasn't thinking straight. By the way - bint? I thought that used to be slang for a peculiar lady. Has it evolved since?

Dirk Gently

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm

gman72 wrote:I'd rather remember the good games TBH.
Let's start a Remember The Crap Games on 2600 thread instead shall we?
I see what you mean, the actual idea was though - to hear and talk about games that were supposed to be trashy but ended up being fun. Not just terrible ones.

The best part of RG magazine and the forum for me, has been finding out about games I never knew existed, or to look at ones I did know in a new light.

That and utilising the forum to meet really hot chicks who want to kiss and do tops.

Dirk Gently

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:59 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Zero Divide

I got it with my PS1 back in the day and although it is the most sluggish beat em up in the history of the world, I got hours out of it.
I'm into that. Though the 'commentator' would give Mr Garrison a run for his money. V. funny. Good call boy!

Dirk Gently

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Roo wrote:I remember the PlayStation version of Chef's Luv Shack getting a complete baw-bootin' from the critics at the time. Fair enough, it was a shameless cash-in that probably took the studio's work experience student a lunchtime to develop, but it's still one that my mates and I enjoy playing. Lots of good memories of Chef's Luv Shack multiplayer sessions.
I may check that out! Roo where did you get that gilf? I actually know a guy who is like the flame shirt dude on the right. He's a fisherman, with a big tum and a handlebar.