BBC 3 is going away

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24489
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

BBC 3 is going away

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089

Image

It was a toss up between BBC4 and 3 to go.

Only worry now is. The numbers wont be right

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by gman72 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh, no. No more Snog Marry Avoid??? WTF :lol:
BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed. BBC4 is a far superior station.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24489
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:47 pm

gman72 wrote:Oh, no. No more Snog Marry Avoid??? WTF :lol:
BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed. BBC4 is a far superior station.
Not ITV or Channel 5?

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by gman72 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:10 pm

DPrinny wrote:
gman72 wrote:Oh, no. No more Snog Marry Avoid??? WTF :lol:
BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed. BBC4 is a far superior station.
Not ITV or Channel 5?
They are not far behind, but the odd show saves them from the utterly pathetic level of BBC3. What I find hilarious is that the beeb are saying they need to save money but they must spend good money making dross like Snog, Marry avoid, Don't Tell The Bride, Festivals, Sex and Suspicious Parents to name just three of the utterly censored shows this channel churns out.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
The_Hobgoblin
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by The_Hobgoblin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Will the licence fee go down now then? :lol:

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:26 pm

gman72 wrote:BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed.
I see your BBC3 and raise you ITV2.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24489
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
gman72 wrote:BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed.
I see your BBC3 and raise you ITV2.
I see your ITV2 and raise you a Viva

Only used to watch the bloody channel as it had South park and even then had to mute the adverts

User avatar
Stevearcade
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by Stevearcade » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Where will I get my evening Family Guy/American Dad fix now...

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24489
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Stevearcade wrote:Where will I get my evening Family Guy/American Dad fix now...
The internet?

User avatar
ipmarks
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by ipmarks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:
gman72 wrote:BBC3 is one of the most pathetic TV stations ive ever witnessed.
I see your BBC3 and raise you ITV2.
I see your ITV2 and raise you a Viva

Only used to watch the bloody channel as it had South park and even then had to mute the adverts
I see your Viva and raise you TLC... the channel that South Park said James Cameron had to raise the bar to put a stop to.
It is quite clearly the worst channel in the world. I've never watched it, but just reading the programme names when skipping past it on Sky makes me shudder... Honey Boo Boo indeed.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24489
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:35 pm

ipmarks wrote: I see your Viva and raise you TLC... the channel that South Park said James Cameron had to raise the bar to put a stop to.
It is quite clearly the worst channel in the world. I've never watched it, but just reading the programme names when skipping past it on Sky makes me shudder... Honey Boo Boo indeed.
Its not on Freeview YOUR MOVE IS VOID!!

User avatar
glitchy controller
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by glitchy controller » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Well if it really was a choice between BBC4 or BBC3 they made the right choice. It's hard to find Danish drama on TV but Family Guy reruns are everywhere!

ALK
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by ALK » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Stevearcade wrote:Where will I get my evening Family Guy/American Dad fix now...
Move it to BBC 2? Can't remember the last time I tuned into BBC 2, but I'd imagine they'll shuffle some of the BBC 3 shows onto there or others and cancel the rest.

Still, bit of a waste since they only launched the HD version 4 months ago...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26694
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:10 am

People still watch scheduled TV channels? I thought we'd all moved to on demand 'services'
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Kilb
Posts: 970
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Man of Kent

Re: BBC 3 is going away

Post by Kilb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 am

by Antiriad2097 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 am

People still watch scheduled TV channels? I thought we'd all moved to on demand 'services'
We're still talking about television, right :oops:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests