Anyone else having trouble ith this forum?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lost Dragon

Re: Anyone else having trouble ith this forum?

Post by Lost Dragon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:The digital guys are looking into this problem and realise it's an issue. I cant say any more than that I'm afraid.
:lol: I should hope by now they realise it's an issue.

Appreciate the feedback Darran, in other words they are all stood they are stumped? or will it cost too much to fix?

Sorry, had 1 too many 'Attack Room Meetings' at work.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, glad someone is taking a look at it, hopefully everything will be fixed before the whole forum departs for pastures new!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:06 am

Wrote a long detailed response to a post (a sensible, useful, informative one for a change).

General error.

I'm not typing it all again as it was a pain sorting all the links and stuff. So that's one long term member annoyed and another new member less likely to return as his thread didn't get the desired response.

There's a surprising amount of activity at the RVG forum and RP2MP has a lot of laughs. Even I'm realising how detrimental these problems are getting for the community (of those who stuck around after messing up the main site).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Down for two evenings in a row now. You can always tell when it's been down because when you can get back in the next day, there are much less new posts/threads and nothing to talk about.
The Laird wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Megamixer wrote:I didn't get an approval email but I could log in with the username and password that I chose.
:oops: So it does. Annoying that my old account was binned though.
Weird because it is supposed to automatically send one when somebody is approved, maybe it went into your spam folder? Anyway doesn't matter now, at least you got on.
Not that it matters but it didn't go to my spam folder either as I checked. I just assumed that somebody would be manually moderating submitted memberships and left it for a while before randomly seeing if I could log in. Good job I did :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:38 am

always get the same error when it's down (there's an error code number etc). it's not hard to find plenty of things to try using google search even.
but i'm sure all of those options have been tried...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:59 am

well made a change from General error

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 am

In the last days it's been a pain here, among SQL errors, general errors and forum that just does not connect... :(

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:27 am

Errors have been none stop lately.

Not even worth posting anything anymore, no point if I can't see any replies for another 24 hours.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:The digital guys are looking into this problem and realise it's an issue. I cant say any more than that I'm afraid.
Okay. I hope it gets fixed. Thank you for the update. It's seem to be an intermittent fault.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Didn't even manage to achieve a login page this last 24hrs let alone an SQL thingy. These probs should not be happening; after all, how many issues like this did we have before the big change? Few, if any methinks.
Antiriad2097 wrote:Wrote a long detailed response to a post (a sensible, useful, informative one for a change).

General error.

I'm not typing it all again as it was a pain sorting all the links and stuff. So that's one long term member annoyed and another new member less likely to return as his thread didn't get the desired response.

There's a surprising amount of activity at the RVG forum and RP2MP has a lot of laughs. Even I'm realising how detrimental these problems are getting for the community (of those who stuck around after messing up the main site).
TIP: Copy/paste is most useful for anything of length. I have always done this 'just in case'. And if the site repeatedly fails to let you post, paste to a Word document for safekeeping until the site lets you in properly. Yeah, it's a pain; but far less painful than losing everything.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm

I frequently do that, but in this instance I didn't. Now I think about it, this is the only place I really need to do it for.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 pm

^ Says it all, really! :lol:

It's easy to think that the forum is more important than it really is in the greater scheme of things, in terms of how much of RG's readership post or even lurk here, but still. This is a forum for a professional publication, and it does reflect badly. Must be seriously frustrating for Future Publishing as they watch this state of affairs continue on.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm

So long and thanks for all the fish.

merman

Post by merman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 am

Sel Feena wrote:^ Says it all, really! :lol:

It's easy to think that the forum is more important than it really is in the greater scheme of things, in terms of how much of RG's readership post or even lurk here, but still. This is a forum for a professional publication, and it does reflect badly. Must be seriously frustrating for Future Publishing as they watch this state of affairs continue on.
What has it got to do with Future Publishing? Retro Gamer is from Imagine Publishing...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:So long and thanks for all the fish.
Hey, you have to know where your towel is. :wink: :wink: :lol: :D