Re: Yet another child killed

Post by DPrinny » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 am

There dogs aren't hard looking

Get a wolf then you are hard.
But not the one from Gladiators as hes getting on a bit

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm

How is your average copper supposed to identify a dog breed? Its a dog. There's big ones and little ones, that's about the extent of my knowledge.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Then theres the dogs round my end.....................

jimmyjimjim

Post by jimmyjimjim » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't understand why any responsible parent would allow their child to be left alone with an animal, whether it be a Staffie, Golden Retriever or Yorkshire Terrier. Or even a cat. Cats can be vicious little things when they want to be. Dogs and cats are animals, and although they may be domesticated pets (in most cases), they are still animals. They still have their animal instincts. Children should be taught that all animals can be dangerous and should be respected. In the same way as kids get taught to keep away from strangers, they should also be taught to keep away from strange dogs. You always get pet owners who go on about their pooch and how "it wouldn't hurt a fly," but I'm sure that if a young child went up to it and poked it in its eye or decided to try to drag it around by its tail, the child would end up worst off. Ok, in case of the little girl in Blackburn, she was 11 months old and sleeping so didn't do anything to excite the dog and cause it to attack her, But she simply shouldn't have been left alone with the dog.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:49 am

My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:54 am

Sounding like the Daily Mail now

Obviously a tragic story, sounds like some idiots just let their dog wander round on its own when a young baby is in the house which is a stupid move. But out of (estimated) 8.5 million dogs in the country (20ish% of the population) lets report every single time a rare rare incident like this occurs.

Thankfully you're not posting the second someone dies due to a teenage driver or someone due to passive smoking gets cancer. Nope lets go OTT about a very very rare sad occurance like this !

As jimmyjimjimjimjimmyjim says, its stupid to allow any animal to be alone with a small child, a parrot could attack the kid by pecking it, a cat could scratch the kid like anything, a dog can obviously be more vicious. Its just common sense not to leave a young baby/child with any animal. The child pulls the tail of a 'tame' jack russell and the jack russell will probably nip/bite the kid etc.

But again lets not go OTT, one minute people here slate the gutter press, the next time they print a rare story of 'EVIL DOG KILLS KID' everyone seems quite happy to post links. Events like this are very very rare. Shall we start posting more 'teenager shoots dead classmates/someone in a shop because he played Call of Duty the night before' ?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

psj3809 wrote:Sa parrot could attack the kid by pecking it,
Technically a parrots beak is not good for pecking due to its hook shape.
They can bite and can really crush with it, (after all it is used to crush nuts).

I have seen mine swoop at people, not due to its upbringing (teaching it not to attack), but because she sees everyone as a rival for my attention

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am

Reading more into it the poor girl was only 6 days old. I must admit when we took our daughter home from hospital when she was born i was very cautious with our dog (even more so as hes blind !). The dog was inquisitive as he wondered what the sound was, also some dogs who actually are loyal (too loyal) might have thought the baby was an enemy kinda thing, i mean this family dog apparently was always nice/friendly previously, 6 days after bringing a baby back it sadly attacked and killed it. Very very tragic.

But again whether a dogs called 'Killer' or its been a nice family pet for years on end, i would never let any dog (cat or other animal) to be on its own with the baby, whether that dog jumped over a barrier and attacked the baby in the moses basket, you just wouldnt let any animal alone with a very young baby. Tragic story and very very sad.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:35 pm

another tragic tale and yet more fuckwittery from moronic parents, it was only a week ago that the other little girl was killed and these halfwits leave a new born baby with a dog.

too many dog owners are far too trusting of their pets, dogs and babies/young children are not a good mix and the only good that can come out of these horrible stories is that more dog owners start getting rid of their pets when they decide to start a family.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:24 am

psj3809 wrote:Sounding like the Daily Mail now
It's like when there's a plane crash, it's such a rare thing to happen it makes headline news around the world, but car crashes are rarely reported outside of local news.

You can view the world in a truly positive light by noticing that only "bad" news ever makes the news, because "not bad" things happen so often they're not worth reporting. I posted that link because it popped up in the Chrome news tab, so obviously it's relative to this current topic here - please don't compare me to the shitrag that is the Daily Mail.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.