Everdrive group buy 2014

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Everdrive group buy 2014

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm

As some forums are annoying with there PM programs (Urgh one at a time) im posting the mass message here.
People that have yet to pay with a week left will be pestered

Also, no PMs saying "Paid" I want to keep my inbox clean
Thank you for taking part

Now comes the time of great posting payments.
Well when I have them all here

All payments must be in Pound sterling (£)
All Payments must be via Paypal
If its gift or personal payment (recommended to cover your self) you must pay the fees on your end, I do not want to be out of pocket on this, any that dont pay the fee will be refunded
Pick up is fine
If you want them shipped to r0jaws for modding or to a third party let me know and ill sort out a rate depending on how many get sent

Postage costs are £5 UK main land, smaller ones I can get 4 in a padded envelope, over seas is working out at about £10 (if its a few pence over ill take it out of the tips)
PMs to me shall contain
Name
Address
What it is
The same Paypal address shall be used

Ill send PP details then (My Ctrl, C and V keys are getting faded)
I would ask for a tip, but that would be cheeky so ill say to bung a few quid in a the next charity box you pass

Ami
Out

gamegrilmirco

limboy777 o

scoobyatgb o

soeter04

rave

amigaoldschool o

Firthy2002 o
J+

chubsta o

The Last Bandit o

Threepwood o

Uberpixel

penrhos

colinD

tyke

mr_ppp O

Jodo
RG

Herge-kun

HisNHer_LP
RCM

billdooruk o

stiggy2009 o

KEEPING OPEN!! Just to get to the 10, do not send money yet

Everdrive MD $60.00 each - 7
http://shop.retrogate.com/Everdrive-MD-v3-EDMD.htm
Ami - protek,
J+ - penrhos, acidburn, urbanledge,
RCM - Andy_ream, stiggy2009, muguk

Famicom N8 - $85.00 each - 4
http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-N8- ... n-EDN8.htm
J+ - Pyongyang, uberpixel, Beaps, gojira54

Master everdrive $60.00 each - 7
http://shop.retrogate.com/Master-Everdrive-SMS.htm
Ami - sir_beaker, soeter04, Firthy2002, scoobyatgb, -Acid-, scrappysphinx, amigaoldskool
J+ - Simonden

GameGear $60.00 each-?
http://shop.retrogate.com/Everdrive-GG-EDGG.htm
RG - ArchaicKoala

[TABLE]
[/TABLE]Special offer from r0jaws
I'll open it up to everyone, if you want me to modify a donor cartridge with chips soldered in and cartridge cases modified to include an SD card slot I will setup a Just Giving webpage where you can make a donation for the work. Just send me a donor cartridge and some stamps for return postage (or send me a couple of quid via PayPal for recorded return delivery)

It will most likely be for the Make a Wish Foundation & Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, you can choose which one to give your donation too. The amount is upto you, I don't mind if it's a £1 or £10, whatever you like is Ok.
I will sort it out when DBloke/DPrinny/Mike is about to get the orders in.
TL;DR - Certain PCBs need a chip to get them to work, the N64 one needs a CIC chip from the region that the console is in order for it to work, these are found in every N64 game.
The Super Everdrive can have a "DSP1" chip soldered onto it to make Super Mario kart work theres a list online that lists games that have this chip
Last edited by DPrinny on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.

DPrinny

Re: Everdrive group buy 2014

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:42 am

No interest on here?

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 am

After last time, you'll be lucky. :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:09 am

r0jaws wrote:After last time, you'll be lucky. :wink:
After Retro collect last time I have not bothered to post on there

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm

I'd be interested in the Snes everdrive how much would I be looking at?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

I would be interested in most of them, except that you guys only order the boards, and I don't want the hassle of shelling it myself.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:51 pm

^If they came shelled the postage would be costly
Shinobi wrote:I'd be interested in the Snes everdrive how much would I be looking at?
For the basic one about under £40, the DSP chips will need to be soldered on for Mode 7 games

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:24 pm

samhain81 wrote:I would be interested in most of them, except that you guys only order the boards, and I don't want the hassle of shelling it myself.
After just stumbling across the Everdrive 64, I would love one, but like you, I dont think I would be able to get everything else in place needed, would like the whole unit.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:25 pm

for the ED64 you do need the CIC chip soldered inside from the region the console being played is.

after that its all good

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

If it's just the cases and chips that are holding you back, if you provide working donor carts, I am happy to remove the donor chips and solder them into the everdrives and modify the cases to fit.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

The Everdrive-MD one is mighty tempting, that's just a case of stick an sd card in and your off right? No funny business with soldering and that.

How much would that be?

Am I reading you right and there's a gameboy one also? I'll definitely be wanting one of them

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Not yet, coming soon though. I've put my name down for one of those bad boys too.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:09 pm

r0jaws wrote:If it's just the cases and chips that are holding you back, if you provide working donor carts, I am happy to remove the donor chips and solder them into the everdrives and modify the cases to fit.
including the slot for the SD card? if you was to offer this I would be greatful! name a price so I can work out how much I will need to buy everything needed, and I will go and see if I have any N64 carts i dont mind losing.

Any PAL cart will do?

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 pm

You should find the 7101 chip for the PAL N64 in most cartridges, I used a duff mario64 cart myself. If you have a gamebit, you can pop the case open and check that it has the right chip.
I'll also cut the slot for you, but it is a handmade job, with my dremel. I'll also clean off the old label if you like, but it's upto you to replace it with something more fitting.
This is what I did with my Super Everdrive on Amibay HERE

I've got an Everdrive for all my systems except the NES, which I am buying now, and have modified and cased them all up.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm

r0jaws wrote:You should find the 7101 chip for the PAL N64 in most cartridges, I used a duff mario64 cart myself. If you have a gamebit, you can pop the case open and check that it has the right chip.
I'll also cut the slot for you, but it is a handmade job, with my dremel. I'll also clean off the old label if you like, but it's upto you to replace it with something more fitting.
This is what I did with my Super Everdrive on Amibay HERE

I've got an Everdrive for all my systems except the NES, which I am buying now, and have modified and cased them all up.
Thats fantastic!

So all you will need is a PAL chipset (or are the chipsets the same?) and a cart?

I have nothing to open the cart with though sadly to see if it has the chip you need, is there a list online I can check?

removing the sticker will be great, im sure I can find somthing to replace it with!

how much would you like for this service?