Original xbox FTP help

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

eRetronic

Original xbox FTP help

Post by eRetronic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 am

I have two modded xbox's
The first one has coin ops and visionary installed but dvd2xbox program doesn't work so can't load discs on to it.
The second one has coin ops and mame on it and the dvd2xbox program works ok

Ultimately all I want is just one xbox with all three program's on and a working disc installer
I know nothing and I mean nothing about FTP and that kind of thing :(

Can anyone help me out with this predicament lol

pantal00ns

Re: Original xbox FTP help

Post by pantal00ns » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 am

This link could be useful and where I had some success. Basically linking a Xbox to the PC to transfer the programs you want back and forth. The picture links have been dropped from this post but there will be similar tutorial elsewhere.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213943

FlashXP is I believe still a free program for running the FTP process. I used a crossover cable that I 'borrowed' from the IT guy at work. This is like a normal LAN cable but has 2 connections swapped I believe. Should only be a couple of pounds anyway.

You can link through a router, but I found direct link with a crossover cable easier.

The xbox's I used were both Chipped, no idea if it makes a difference if they are hard or soft modded, it shouldn't.

One thing I did find is that the speed of transfer depends on what the Xbox is currently running i.e. Basic Evox dashboard or XMBC (Xbox media centre). I had the best results in the Evox (first level dashboard).

Not a lot of help but hopefully a place to start!

eRetronic

Re: Original xbox FTP help

Post by eRetronic » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm

thanks will give it a go over next couple of days :)