An Ebay Refund Question

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DoraemonTheCat

Re: An Ebay Refund Question

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 am

Rule of thumb (for me anyways) - I do not EVER post an item outside the UK without it being sent Signed For International. If the item costs £5 or less, then I will post it standard airmail if the buyer has a 100% feedback record and does not want to pay more for the postage than the item itself.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Yeah, below about a tenner, I usually take the risk. Above... if the country supports AirSure, I use that, otherwise it's Recorded.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:38 am

I agree this policy is open to scammers and has been abused by people who have bought stuff off me (including a launch ps3 back in the day) but....

...I recently got a full refund off ebay for an item I bought from japan, a super famicom game which arrived squashed. I contacted the seller and got no response (I guess the language barrier didn't help) so reported it to ebay with an explanation of my grievance (didn't even have to send a photo of the squashed item to them which I admit was odd) and they just refunded my paypal payment, I was quite happy with that, seeing as I was offering the seller to give me a part refund as the game still worked ok they just packaged it badly - (but half the value of super famicom games is in the cardboard).

So as long as everybody that uses ebay is honest I don't see a problem with it.... :wink:

anyway....theres so much wrong with ebay, I will never sell anything on there again, only buy. The big problem is they are treating every seller as a business, and trying to enforce customer service provision on the sellers, whereas all the sellers like us are treating selling on ebay like a freeads in a newspaper or a carboot.

ebay was loads better when it was like a car boot sale.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:10 am

James A wrote:Looks like it's turned up at last along with several other of his parcels being held at there version of the post office without them telling him. Looks like there post offices arent to different to ours :D
I work in international brokerage, and have to ship kit all over the world. Russian customs are the most officious, expensive and generally arsey I have ever dealt with. It's a miracle anything ever gets into that country apart from ex NSA agents seeking asylum.

If anyones interested, Brazil and Israel are the next two. Brazillian customs requires so many different import and export licenses from both parties you're liable to die of old age filling in the forms before you recieve your shipment, and Israeli customs treat everything like it's a bomb.