Re: Worst games ever

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Stevearcade

Post by Stevearcade » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:36 am

Why is this thread accredited to being made by me! It wasn't! The original post has been removed or whatever and now it looks like I'm just making a random post about Gorf! That's not cool :?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

I wouldnt worry, the initial post was deleted as it looked very spammy, eg a pretty generic title by a newbie with a 'spammy' style link. As Antiriad said we get a lot of those over the years so it was deleted

vjpgames

Post by vjpgames » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:54 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
vjpgames wrote:So instead of delete my sig or notify me about that (if that was a problem), mods completely delete my OP but keep my topic active?
How thoughtful thing to do...
Sorry, but the page you linked to in your sig had all the hallmarks of a proper spammer who'd never return. Its pretty common for us to get 'nasty' spammers posting what look like valid topics so they can get these links on the board. My apologies are due in this case since you've evidently made an effort to return and contribute here. You might want to edit your sig to get rid of that link though, since we spambusters have no control of them globally, only the 'proper' mods.
1st - thinking that anybody who makes something on the internet is a "nasty spammer" - the same category as frauds, emails spammers and people who work with viruses.
2nd - deleting my OP but keeping the topic active - even if I am really a "nasty spammer" that is not very good thing to do
3rd - now my new post "moderated" because of the simple harmless links to youtube videos? (and btw, I deleted my sig)

I'm not sure anymore if I want to get back here again (is that also qualifies me as a spambot?) Nice job.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:30 am

First few posts you are trying to advertise things,

we have a 50 post limit on adds and such, if we bent the rules for one poster yadda yadda yadda

vjpgames

Post by vjpgames » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 am

^ now you are going to make up things? what 1st few posts? what limit of 50 posts? typical behavior...
for your information, only sig was the issue (and only on this forum btw), my posts was normal / usual and on-topic. yada yada yada...

ok, I'm out.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 am

Bit of an overreaction

We have many people join just to spam their youtube links and then disappear again, they never contribute to the forum. So to stop that we delete any youtube links from newbies (until 50 posts). Many other 5 or less posters have their youtube links deleted, you were no different.

So you turn up, post two youtube links (presume to your own site) and also one of those dodgy million pixel site things which were all the rage a few years back. So you can see why your posts were edited.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 am

vjpgames wrote:^ now you are going to make up things? what 1st few posts? what limit of 50 posts? typical behavior...
for your information, only sig was the issue (and only on this forum btw), my posts was normal / usual and on-topic. yada yada yada...

ok, I'm out.
Because yadda yadda yadda ya dadda

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 am

vjpgames wrote:^ now you are going to make up things? what 1st few posts? what limit of 50 posts? typical behavior...

ok, I'm out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 pm

vjpgames wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
vjpgames wrote:So instead of delete my sig or notify me about that (if that was a problem), mods completely delete my OP but keep my topic active?
How thoughtful thing to do...
Sorry, but the page you linked to in your sig had all the hallmarks of a proper spammer who'd never return. Its pretty common for us to get 'nasty' spammers posting what look like valid topics so they can get these links on the board. My apologies are due in this case since you've evidently made an effort to return and contribute here. You might want to edit your sig to get rid of that link though, since we spambusters have no control of them globally, only the 'proper' mods.
1st - thinking that anybody who makes something on the internet is a "nasty spammer" - the same category as frauds, emails spammers and people who work with viruses.
2nd - deleting my OP but keeping the topic active - even if I am really a "nasty spammer" that is not very good thing to do
3rd - now my new post "moderated" because of the simple harmless links to youtube videos? (and btw, I deleted my sig)

I'm not sure anymore if I want to get back here again (is that also qualifies me as a spambot?) Nice job.
1st - As I explained in my earlier apology, the post bore all the hallmarks of that,particularly with the unrelated link. I deleted it, since typically trying to contact spammers whose posts match the profile of your op is fruitless. Hence the apology onyour return.
2nd - Given the on topic responses, I judged it reasonable to leave those instead of deleting the entire thread. A good thing to do.
3rd - Another mod, not me, had edited your reply before I posted the apology, so it would appear my judgement of the spamminess of the sig link is shared.

I'm sorry that you have been caught out by routine spambusting, but the thread remains and the discussion continues,so nothing lost really except some links.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:53 pm

spam spam eggs and spam
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:28 pm

gman72 wrote:spam spam eggs and spam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE - cos someone had to.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:54 pm

sad to see a new member hounded from the forum

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Pity the topic was de-railed as I was going to post that Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy were two of the least enjoyable games I ever played in the 8-bit days.
HADDOCKEN!

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:sad to see a new member hounded from the forum
Hardly "hounded" he misunderstood the basic forum rules & went a bit precious when they were explained to him in a very rational way.

I'm sure if he wanted to stick around & chat about retro games or whatever he'd be welcomed & enjoy his time.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue