The most VILE Viral - and proof people are SICK

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

pratty

Re: The most VILE Viral - and proof people are SICK

Post by pratty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I just wondered if anyone had picked up on the irony of it.
I did, it's the shocking nature of these videos that make them spread like they do, which enourages people to film this stuff more. The sites that host it will mostly likely be making from it too. The attacker wouldn't be a 'celebrity' if they weren't well known, and it's the spread of these videos, for whatever reason, that makes them well known, and subsequently 'celebrated'.

I'd never heard about it until the Doraemon posted this thread, to be honest I'm not sure why he expected us to already be discussing it. People get the crap unjustly beat out of them all the time, just because somethng is trending on the internet doesn't necessarily make it anymore especially important, especially if half the popularity of the video is based on some people's sick enjoyment of it. The sorry state of the world is certainly worth discussing but the only people that need to see this video are the police.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:34 am

If you're offended by it simply report it to the police. But posting it on forums doesn't help and just helps make the video viral. One thing the person who uploaded it in the first place wants. Agree with pratty above, by giving a link to it it's not helping matters in the slightest

Also it's a messed up world when someone is 'shocked' by it yet doesn't report it and just posts a link to the video instead

Sadly there are loads of videos like this online due to people having mobile phones to easily film stuff now. Again giving it attention doesn't help one bit

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:03 am

psj3809 wrote:If you're offended by it simply report it to the police. But posting it on forums doesn't help and just helps make the video viral. One thing the person who uploaded it in the first place wants. Agree with pratty above, by giving a link to it it's not helping matters in the slightest
Report it to the police?! It has already been reported, so it would be a waste of time. As it happens, it's been reported by many hundreds of people - so there is no need. And the video had ALREADY gone viral. My original post was about generating discussion and expressing my disgust at how anybody could "like" the video and praise the attacker. If there was no link to the video, how would people be able to comment and address the question it formed? By the way, which police do I report it to, UK or should I do a long distance call to the States and see if I can get put through to the police department in the ciy the event took place? Seriously, tell me as I'm sat by the phone and have no idea who to call. If I call the UK police, what would they be able to do about it? It is an American crime, featuring American citizens in an American video. Please let me know so I don't call the wrong people.
Also it's a messed up world when someone is 'shocked' by it yet doesn't report it and just posts a link to the video instead
I was shocked by some old evil woman picking up a cat and throwing it into a bin, so should I have reported that to the police as well? I didn't need to post a link to the video of the mad cat-hating-woman as it was already being shown on the news, in newspapers and online - the link I posted had not had that coverage. I was shocked about the incidents of 9/11, but darn those news programmes showing every minute of the attrocity over and over again, for well over a week - they shouldn't have shown that should they psj, as everyone was shocked, yet here are the world's news outlets showing the video in full!

So, if you are shockd by something, am I right in thinking that you just shouldn't discuss it?

Wow, the high-horse brigade is out in force today. What's it like being such a Mr Righteous?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Wow, the high-horse brigade is out in force today. What's it like being such a Mr Righteous?
Tell us do, since you're the only one who seems to be jumping on it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:
psj3809 wrote:If you're offended by it simply report it to the police. But posting it on forums doesn't help and just helps make the video viral. One thing the person who uploaded it in the first place wants. Agree with pratty above, by giving a link to it it's not helping matters in the slightest
Report it to the police?! It has already been reported, so it would be a waste of time. As it happens, it's been reported by many hundreds of people - so there is no need. And the video had ALREADY gone viral. My original post was about generating discussion and expressing my disgust at how anybody could "like" the video and praise the attacker. If there was no link to the video, how would people be able to comment and address the question it formed? By the way, which police do I report it to, UK or should I do a long distance call to the States and see if I can get put through to the police department in the ciy the event took place? Seriously, tell me as I'm sat by the phone and have no idea who to call. If I call the UK police, what would they be able to do about it? It is an American crime, featuring American citizens in an American video. Please let me know so I don't call the wrong people.
I was shocked by some old evil woman picking up a cat and throwing it into a bin, so should I have reported that to the police as well? I didn't need to post a link to the video of the mad cat-hating-woman as it was already being shown on the news, in newspapers and online - the link I posted had not had that coverage. I was shocked about the incidents of 9/11, but darn those news programmes showing every minute of the attrocity over and over again, for well over a week - they shouldn't have shown that should they psj, as everyone was shocked, yet here are the world's news outlets showing the video in full!

So, if you are shockd by something, am I right in thinking that you just shouldn't discuss it?

Wow, the high-horse brigade is out in force today. What's it like being such a Mr Righteous?

Agreed ^^^^^ Cant believe that "Numerous compliants" to mods were made about the link either :? .Surely this is a forum with 95% + adult males on here.You knew it wasnt going to be nice just by reding the op's title surely you could have made up your own mind to view or not.That is why this place is pretty censored these days and most of the decent folk have left with all the "runs to teacher kids" who are left.Complaining and moaning jeez louise.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:04 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Report it to the police?! It has already been reported, so it would be a waste of time. As it happens, it's been reported by many hundreds of people - so there is no need. And the video had ALREADY gone viral. My original post was about generating discussion and expressing my disgust at how anybody could "like" the video and praise the attacker. If there was no link to the video, how would people be able to comment and address the question it formed? By the way, which police do I report it to, UK or should I do a long distance call to the States and see if I can get put through to the police department in the ciy the event took place? Seriously, tell me as I'm sat by the phone and have no idea who to call. If I call the UK police, what would they be able to do about it? It is an American crime, featuring American citizens in an American video. Please let me know so I don't call the wrong people.
You can flag it up as youtube as inappropriate which will help. You can also report it to an american site (as many people have done), you can express disgust on twitter. Social media is very powerful and if more and more people report things then the authorities often do something. Do you think people who reported racist crap on twitter (About that footballer Muamba) were only from the UK ? Course they werent.
DoraemonTheCat wrote:I was shocked by some old evil woman picking up a cat and throwing it into a bin, so should I have reported that to the police as well? I didn't need to post a link to the video of the mad cat-hating-woman as it was already being shown on the news, in newspapers and online - the link I posted had not had that coverage. I was shocked about the incidents of 9/11, but darn those news programmes showing every minute of the attrocity over and over again, for well over a week - they shouldn't have shown that should they psj, as everyone was shocked, yet here are the world's news outlets showing the video in full!

Yeah you should have reported it. Plenty did, originally the owners of the cat showed the footage to a local newspaper, that went viral and more and more people complained. If most people hadnt complained it would have been a tiny story.

Like the stupid over the top 'Sachsgate' issue, 99% of people hadnt heard the broadcast originally, but after hearing it (and probably not liking Brand/Ross much) then all started reporting it and look what happened there.

You raise a good point about how sick some crap is on youtube/twitter and other things and yes i cant believe it when you get people 'liking' it. I mean was this sort of crap around years ago before the internet but we just didnt know about it ? Theres a lot of sick people out there who seem to enjoy watching thugs hit people on youtube or see some idiot 'happy slap' some poor kid. Its depressing.

But the more people who report these sorts of things, it does actually help. 'People power' has worked on a lot of twitter cases and also youtube videos. It would have taken you less time to report it/flag it up on youtube/twitter than it would be to reply here. But again there have been LOADS of videos similar to this over the years so i'm just surprised by the sudden Mary Whitehouse 'this is disgusting' attitude as its not exactly new

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 pm

aztecca wrote:That is why this place is pretty censored these days and most of the decent folk have left with all the "runs to teacher kids" who are left.Complaining and moaning jeez louise.
There's surprisingly few people who routinely report alleged 'inappropriate' comments to mods. There's a select group who tend to do it among themselves (the usual 'he said'/'she said' brigade who really ought to know better). There's far more of the 'decent folk' than there are whiners. I suspect in the case of this thread, it will have brought out some of the 'decents'.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Agreed ^^^^^ Cant believe that "Numerous compliants" to mods were made about the link either :? .Surely this is a forum with 95% + adult males on here.You knew it wasnt going to be nice just by reding the op's title surely you could have made up your own mind to view or not.That is why this place is pretty censored these days and most of the decent folk have left with all the "runs to teacher kids" who are left.Complaining and moaning jeez louise.
agreed, the vid wasn't THAT bad, I have seen worse. its a shame this place is infested with cry babies and spineless mard ar5es who cannot wait to hit the report button.

not too sure why people are moaning at DTC, he posted up a link and asked people what they thought, yet we have had a completely over the top reaction, ridiculous.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:20 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:not too sure why people are moaning at DTC, he posted up a link and asked people what they thought, yet we have had a completely over the top reaction, ridiculous.
Just to be clear I didn't have a go at Doraemon, I was just genuinely surprised he thought we'd already be disgussing it, as bad as I'm sure it was I just don't think it's that important or newsworthy. It seems to me that going viral often applies a snowball effect which inflates the significance of something beyond what it truly merits. If going viral was a true measure of significance then Gangham Style would be considered one the greatest pieces of music ever.

I also agreed with Antiriad that there's an unfortunate irony in posting a link to a deplorable viral video. Personally I wouldn't have posted the link, I don't think it was necessary, but equally I don't think it was necessary to remove it, it can't do any harm if you don't click it, and nobody was forcing anyone to do so.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:17 pm

psj3809 wrote:
DoraemonTheCat wrote:Report it to the police?! It has already been reported, so it would be a waste of time. As it happens, it's been reported by many hundreds of people - so there is no need. And the video had ALREADY gone viral. My original post was about generating discussion and expressing my disgust at how anybody could "like" the video and praise the attacker. If there was no link to the video, how would people be able to comment and address the question it formed? By the way, which police do I report it to, UK or should I do a long distance call to the States and see if I can get put through to the police department in the ciy the event took place? Seriously, tell me as I'm sat by the phone and have no idea who to call. If I call the UK police, what would they be able to do about it? It is an American crime, featuring American citizens in an American video. Please let me know so I don't call the wrong people.
You can flag it up as youtube as inappropriate which will help. You can also report it to an american site (as many people have done), you can express disgust on twitter. Social media is very powerful and if more and more people report things then the authorities often do something. Do you think people who reported racist crap on twitter (About that footballer Muamba) were only from the UK ? Course they werent.
DoraemonTheCat wrote:I was shocked by some old evil woman picking up a cat and throwing it into a bin, so should I have reported that to the police as well? I didn't need to post a link to the video of the mad cat-hating-woman as it was already being shown on the news, in newspapers and online - the link I posted had not had that coverage. I was shocked about the incidents of 9/11, but darn those news programmes showing every minute of the attrocity over and over again, for well over a week - they shouldn't have shown that should they psj, as everyone was shocked, yet here are the world's news outlets showing the video in full!

Yeah you should have reported it. Plenty did, originally the owners of the cat showed the footage to a local newspaper, that went viral and more and more people complained. If most people hadnt complained it would have been a tiny story.

Like the stupid over the top 'Sachsgate' issue, 99% of people hadnt heard the broadcast originally, but after hearing it (and probably not liking Brand/Ross much) then all started reporting it and look what happened there.

You raise a good point about how sick some crap is on youtube/twitter and other things and yes i cant believe it when you get people 'liking' it. I mean was this sort of crap around years ago before the internet but we just didnt know about it ? Theres a lot of sick people out there who seem to enjoy watching thugs hit people on youtube or see some idiot 'happy slap' some poor kid. Its depressing.

But the more people who report these sorts of things, it does actually help. 'People power' has worked on a lot of twitter cases and also youtube videos. It would have taken you less time to report it/flag it up on youtube/twitter than it would be to reply here. But again there have been LOADS of videos similar to this over the years so i'm just surprised by the sudden Mary Whitehouse 'this is disgusting' attitude as its not exactly new
It was on youtube, it was then reported and taken down. How can I report it to an American website, and what would be the point? If people had already reported it, and the site in question was adamant that they would keep it up, then there is NO POINT reporting it. The thing is, the whole point of my original post was "How can a video such as this be "liked" and what is going on in the world when a very violent attacker is praised for her disgusting behaviour"

If I hadn't posted the link to the video in question, then alot of people would not understand the severity of it, and what had happened and how, so the replies would not be all that informed as they couldn't fully appreciate the point of my original question. I stated not only in the topic title that it was VILE and I also stated it was Possibly Not Safe For Work I'm still waiting on your amazing explanation of which Police I report it to, as you said I should??

It's also funny that you mention Sachsgate and point out that nearly everyone that complained hadn't heard the broadcast, so couldn't really hold an informed view - which is exactly the same here, without the link to the video, nobody would be able to pass fair comment, cause they wouldn't really know what they were talking about - so thanks for the great example.

I also question why you feel the need to make almost the same comments as antiriad. I know you have a problem with me, this much being clear in the tone of some of your past PMs. I wouldn't be surprised if you reported my post just out of spite, even though you have moderator powers.

The Muamba thing was not the same, the context of that was plain evil racism, and comments about him nearly dying, not in the same league, relatively speaking.

So just to reiterate : I was sickened and offended by the video. I didn't report it because it has been reported several hundred times already and removed in most instances. I was not trying to get the video even more notoriety (this forum doesn't have even 1% of the users that FB/Youtube/Instagram have) and the whole point was to garner views of members of this forum, especially with respect to those in society that were sick enough to like the video and help make it's star a "Cause célèbre".

Feel free to keep mocking me, taking issue, attacking and/or attempting to shoot me down or paint me as they bad guy. What point is a forum if you can't discuss things in an adult and rationalised manner. It's also nice to know at least one person has managed to understand where I was trying to come from.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

At the end of the day thankfully these stupid idiots are thick as anything. They get friends to film these attacks to put on facebook/youtube/twitter so it makes the polices job much easier.

After lots of high profile cases on twitter (and youtube) i still cant believe people say/do stupid stuff and then put it on social media sites etc

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Hmmm.

Sick video goes viral, OP is repulsed by it, so starts a thread to increase its spread.
Agree totally, irony in its most basic form!

In my work, ive seen stuff that makes what this vid shows tame. So, I never discuss it on here. Its sick and depraved, and only to be watched by those who have to in order to secure a conviction.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Hmmm.

Sick video goes viral, OP is repulsed by it, so starts a thread to increase its spread.
^^^ This 100 percent...
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 pm

For those of you not intelligent enough to realise, my intentions were simply to discuss the human condition, and in this case how low it can get in light of the video I linked too (which had been in the public domain since last Tuesday, and been around various social networks. There was no other reason. It made me sick that people liked it, and I was wondering if I was on my own. Clearly, the human condition of some of the members on this forum who felt the need to complain/report it is an irony that isn't lost on me.

What staggers me is how nobody who had a problem with the link/topic actually has the integrity to stand up and say so.

And kudos to psj, just ignore the points I made in reply to you. I guess thats the easy way.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:06 pm

^ but to form an opinion, you have to watch it right? I refused to watch it so as not to perpetuate it in my own small way. I only have a degree and a masters degree so may not understand? ;)