People and sales

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

AceGrace

Re: People and sales

Post by AceGrace » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 am

silvergunner wrote:The even more crazy thing is that half the time the items are just more than a bit rubbish. Take Asda's £99 32" tv that was on offer. Yes I know that's cheap but it's got the worst picture ever. Just spend a tiny bit more and get a branded make and the panels used are so much better.
I was in Asda a few weeks ago and some staff were stacking these Polaroid TVs on a display at the entrance to the store. I heard one of them say "Aren't these the TV's that kept going wrong?" he said. "Yup" said the other member of staff.

:shock: :lol:

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 am

I worked in a brand-new Next superstore on Boxing Day in 2006, and it was absolute bedlam. Queues were lengthy from well before I started my shift at 4am, and carnage ensued when we opened the doors. The appeal of a tenner of a pinstripe tie can really bring out a worse side in some people.

It was an experience. A rather rubbishy, stressful experience (but at least I got paid triple-time!).

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Roo wrote:I worked in a brand-new Next superstore on Boxing Day in 2006, and it was absolute bedlam. Queues were lengthy from well before I started my shift at 4am, and carnage ensued when we opened the doors. The appeal of a tenner of a pinstripe tie can really bring out a worse side in some people.

It was an experience. A rather rubbishy, stressful experience (but at least I got paid triple-time!).
Triple time don't happen now unless it was writen into A contract years ago.

rednoggy

Post by rednoggy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 pm

silvergunner wrote:
Roo wrote:I worked in a brand-new Next superstore on Boxing Day in 2006, and it was absolute bedlam. Queues were lengthy from well before I started my shift at 4am, and carnage ensued when we opened the doors. The appeal of a tenner of a pinstripe tie can really bring out a worse side in some people.

Triple time don't happen now unless it was writen into A contract years ago.

Yeah I've been with asda ten years and I would only get double time if I choose to work boxing day or new years day (which I wont when I can get single time to be at home)

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 pm

All I remember is that I was paid £16-odd an hour as an eighteen year old working on Boxing Day in Next seven years ago. Immaterial now.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Just seen as a normal ruddy day now for most employers. God loved it as a kid as Boxing Day nothing was open that I remember so my parents had no work to go to. It's crazy how everyone wants to still spend cash the day after Boxing Day after all the stuff they probably just got. I'm normally bloody skint :lol:

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 am

AceGrace wrote:
silvergunner wrote:The even more crazy thing is that half the time the items are just more than a bit rubbish. Take Asda's £99 32" tv that was on offer. Yes I know that's cheap but it's got the worst picture ever. Just spend a tiny bit more and get a branded make and the panels used are so much better.
I was in Asda a few weeks ago and some staff were stacking these Polaroid TVs on a display at the entrance to the store. I heard one of them say "Aren't these the TV's that kept going wrong?" he said. "Yup" said the other member of staff.

:shock: :lol:

When I used to work for Halfords were had plenty of half price sat navs but always steered people towards the more expensive ones. Not because we were trying to get more money from them, but that they were better and we wanted to avoid the grief of them coming back complaining their cheap unit wasn't very good

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 am

Personally I don't do much shopping these days (except for the groceries etc). Christmas shopping and sales are the last things I want to do. Thank god for the internet!!

If I'm buying something "big" (like a telly etc etc) then I'll try and do as much research as I can. I don't understand poeple who don't even do a quick google search if they're paying out £500 for something.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:28 pm

I had a birthday present 2 yrs ago it was a cd player with great speakers and an Mp3 stick socket thing, it was £199.00, but then reduced to £99.00, i figured
out over a yr after the reason why it was half price coz the Mp3 stick socket didn't work!!, :(