People and sales

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

People and sales

Post by dste » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:03 pm

This was in an ASDA that I used to regularly shop in a couple of years ago.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article ... -newcastle

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people when it comes to sales? People queuing up at Next on Christmas Day for the 5am Boxing Day sale, just madness in my opinion and they will probably only wear the stuff once anyway.

Crazy.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Re: People and sales

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Well as I keep saying, some people are sheep.

You can mark up a price then bung a "Sale" sticker on it with the old price on it and people will think they are getting a bargain.
remember the old upto 75% off posters in shop windows? It gets people in the store then they might get stuck in the herd and buy something they will never use (Shut up Video challenger)
Some just buy to sell on Ebay

Even my local Asda was hit buy it

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:41 pm

I saw some of those nutters scrapping in ASDA on the news... unbelievable. All that just to get a bargain. :roll:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

I got a few PS3 games earlier on Amazon Black Friday deals for good prices :P Paid £30 for 4 which normally would have bee £29 each :D

rednoggy

Post by rednoggy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:58 pm

It was chaos in my store. People started to get in line at 5am and the line by 8am was half way across the car park. We had one woman punched because she got the last tablet, at 8.05, people going through other peoples trollies and two guys pushing each other some trike thing. Then after nine we just had people moaning we had nothing left :lol:

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 pm

People and shops irritate me in general.

Used to work for a well known supermarket, christmas was 12 hour shifts, people would come to blows over a turkey- seriously, who even likes turkey? its a horrid dry meat that is cheap all year and suddenly is expensive in winter then in january is cheap

I bought some stuff in asda today, 4 jumpers for work £5 each, i have to comply with a strict dress code so they will do. ordered some stuff in the black friday sales for my parents and fiancee, i am glad i am with someone that cant stand sales, trust me at 5am on boxing day she wont be going to next, busy snoring instead

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I do my christmas shopping after everyone else has gone home or is at work, my Asda seemed to be unchanged when I went into it this evening and the GF bought my watch off Amazon with no fuss, both shops in Stevenage and WGC seemed unaffected too.

Wouldnt have minded a low cost tablet for myself though but I don't have the funds and I'd need one capable of photo editing as thats my only need really for one.
Watching you sleep since 1990

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:12 am

I'd never heard of Black Friday until yesterday - and that video there is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Only a couple of weeks ago we were hearing about people being crushed to death in the Philippines trying to get food for their families, and now there's this sort of thing? And people wonder why Americans get so much hatred towards them from every corner of the globe?

What a depressing start to the day.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
I'd never heard of Black Friday until yesterday - and that video there is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Only a couple of weeks ago we were hearing about people being crushed to death in the Philippines trying to get food for their families, and now there's this sort of thing? And people wonder why Americans get so much hatred towards them from every corner of the globe?

What a depressing start to the day.
Offer people something they dont need at a reduced price and they go mental.

In life right now I dont really need anything, theres things I want, but I won't go mad for them

James A

Post by James A » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:00 pm

DPrinny wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
GigaPepsiMan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL8rE9DT4g<br abp="693">'merica
<br abp="694"><br abp="695">I'd never heard of Black Friday until yesterday - and that video there is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Only a couple of weeks ago we were hearing about people being crushed to death in the Philippines trying to get food for their families, and now there's this sort of thing? And people wonder why Americans get so much hatred towards them from every corner of the globe?<br abp="696"><br abp="697">What a depressing start to the day.
<br abp="698">Offer people something they dont need at a reduced price and they go mental.<br abp="699"><br abp="700">In life right now I dont really need anything, theres things I want, but I won't go mad for them
Sums it up nicely Prinny

Same thing at carboots, people want a bargin.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:03 pm

But there is wanting a bargain (which pretty much everyone does) and beating people up and/or getting arrested to save £20 on a TV.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:15 pm

The even more crazy thing is that half the time the items are just more than a bit rubbish. Take Asda's £99 32" tv that was on offer. Yes I know that's cheap but it's got the worst picture ever. Just spend a tiny bit more and get a branded make and the panels used are so much better.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Totally agree with the "spend a couple of quid extra and get a better/bigger hdrive etc"

The amount of times ive been in asda/tesco and see people ramming those big "tins" of quality street/roses in their trollies because they are now 4 quid compared to last weeks 5quid..
The guys that gleefully give me their "extra bonus 10points" for their reward card thinking that its going to hammer up their amount bearing in mind it takes something like buying 500quids worth of petrol to get 2.50 back..

Also the people that give their 2p off a litre vouchers theyve had from waitrose and put a tenner of fuel in and expect a massive reduction....2p off a litre madam... you put roughly 7 litres in..

we have a lego promo on too wherby you have to buy vpower fuel to qualify then you still have to pay 1.49 for the privelige of getting one, yes its more expensive fuel but the lego models advertise the fact as theyre all racing type cars and vpower is aimed at hp cars...anyways people filling see the lego offer and come in fiddling with them at the counter, then ask for one, i say you have to buy vpower and they get all stroppy...

the main aim of the lego offer is to raise the sales on vpower fuel yet we have people sending their kids in asking for "ver legho mans" and putting a 2pound coin on the counter. I get lorry drivers fill with 700 quid expecting a full set yet when you tell them its one per transaction they get lairy...theyre not even paying for the fuel. ive had guilt trips put on me by people claiming to have kids who will be very upset..im like go to asda and buy some proper lego kits..dont even get me started on the 2 engineer legos that are only availabe when you buy a litre of oil for 14quid...remember you still have to pay 1.49 for the lego as well... if you have that much money then youve no right to guilt trip those behind the counter.

my guess is that we will probably get stuck with boxes of the stuff and end up selling it to anyone after the promo ends.