what car do you drive?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

flatapex

what car do you drive?

Post by flatapex » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

And do you like it?

Mine is a y reg focus 1.4, I drive laura's 06 grande punto (prefer mine though)

What do you guys (and girls) have?

Megamixer

Re: what car do you drive?

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Haven't got a photo of my own but one of these in the same colour and yes, I do like it :)

Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Megamixer wrote:Haven't got a photo of my own but one of these in the same colour and yes, I do like it :)

oooooh ST220! i used to have the Focus ST170 very nice flourishes and finishing to the both of them and i think the mondeos still look very new
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:07 pm

A Corsa we bought new 2 or 3 years ago. Its a bit poo tbh, but the spec was decent for the money. It was either this or a Picanto.

Our old Ibiza was much better.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:oooooh ST220! i used to have the Focus ST170 very nice flourishes and finishing to the both of them and i think the mondeos still look very new
Sorry to disappoint but it's the TDCI version...looks the same though aside from the badges and only has the single exhaust rather than twin. That and the fuel/insurance isn't so bank-breaking! Still has immense torque though, especially in third and fourth gears.

I did consider the Focus as I still think it looks a much better car than the Focuses that came after it but they were getting on a bit and lots of them were thrashed :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ReplayRetro wrote:oooooh ST220! i used to have the Focus ST170 very nice flourishes and finishing to the both of them and i think the mondeos still look very new
Sorry to disappoint but it's the TDCI version...looks the same though aside from the badges and only has the single exhaust rather than twin. That and the fuel/insurance isn't so bank-breaking! Still has immense torque though, especially in third and fourth gears.

I did consider the Focus as I still think it looks a much better car than the Focuses that came after it but they were getting on a bit and lots of them were thrashed :(
I'm in a focus owners club I know the st170s are usually thrashed unless you take your time and get to know the people that have the well looked after ones

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Just to keep the Focus theme going i have a '53 plate Focus 1.6 zetec estate in metallic blue with 52000 on the clock. I'd NEVER be without an estate.....king of versatility! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:18 pm

nokgod wrote:Just to keep the Focus theme going i have a '53 plate Focus 1.6 zetec estate in metallic blue with 52000 on the clock. I'd NEVER be without an estate.....king of versatility! :D
How else would you be bringing back those carboot hauls of yours? :wink:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

This is mine:

This is what I want!

Jap import Nissan Elgrand E51 ... 3.5 V6 (350Z engine) with Tiptronic gears. Goes like sht off a shovel happily with 8 people in it :D

Big families don't have to have a bus of a people carrier that does 0-60 in 25 seconds :wink:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 am

Megamixer wrote:
nokgod wrote:Just to keep the Focus theme going i have a '53 plate Focus 1.6 zetec estate in metallic blue with 52000 on the clock. I'd NEVER be without an estate.....king of versatility! :D
How else would you be bringing back those carboot hauls of yours? :wink:

:lol: ....true!
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 am

MX5, but am just sorting out changing it for something bigger.

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 am

I have an MG ZR which I got new in 2004. It's getting on a bit now, and the tappets are a bit noisy, but I've been happy with it.

I've been thinking of getting something else. Anyone know of some good websites that let you filter cars by selecting different things you want? I had a look a few months ago, but they seemed quite limited in the cars they had to choose from. I'd find another car on another site and wonder why it wasn't shown on the first one. One massive "every model of car available in the UK that's under 10 years old" site with plenty of filters (make, engine size, tax category, mpg, No. of seats, doors, etc.) would be great.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Stevearcade

Post by Stevearcade » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 am

2003 Honda Accord Tourer. 2.4iVTEC engine. Modified currently with lowering springs and custom stainless steel exhaust. Pushing somewhere near 200BHP, but with its size and boot space, it's an awesome family motor. Can fit the world in the boot when doing family stuff. It's nice and peppy when driving around on my own :wink: .

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:23 am

Megamixer wrote:

wow i never knew they were so similar!
Yeah i only got rid of my ST as i knew it was about to cost a bomb, Inlet Manifold Controls were on the way out, rear suspension needed work and that's just what i actually knew about :( rocking around in a peugeot 307cc now

so i've gone from this

to this

Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am

Both me and the missus downsized our cars a few years ago after we both wrote off our respective Renault Meganes (note that this was just before we got together too. Spooky...... :shock: )

She now drives a 07 Renault Clio (comfy, nice extras, handles like blamange)
I now drive a 55 Seat Ibiza (very hard ride, handles well but underpowered)

I miss my old Megane Coupe :cry: