So, Who Killed Kennedy?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

So, Who Killed Kennedy?

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Lone Assassin? Mafia hit? Government conspiracy? Warren Commission cover up?
These are just a few of the many theories. What do you guys think?
I think that despite the Warren Commission findings there was almost certainly more than one gun man, there is now so much evidence to support this, but as to who and why... who knows?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

koopa42

Re: So, Who Killed Kennedy?

Post by koopa42 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm

The Sega Megadrive

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:05 pm

He killed him self so the Dwarf crew could get back to there own time

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:05 pm

koopa42 wrote:The Sega Megadrive
No, mate, I have a theory it was the Atari 2600 :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Unfortunately there were many people who would see JFK dead.

No idea who did it, and it's unlikely we will ever know. (surely someone would have admitted it by now if they were ever going to).

Can't for one minute believe that it was a lone gunmen; much more likely to be 2 snipers in crossfire. I do believe that LHO got at least one shot off, but would be highly suyprised if it was one of his bullets that dealt the killing blows.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:02 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Unfortunately there were many people who would see JFK dead.

No idea who did it, and it's unlikely we will ever know. (surely someone would have admitted it by now if they were ever going to).

Can't for one minute believe that it was a lone gunmen; much more likely to be 2 snipers in crossfire. I do believe that LHO got at least one shot off, but would be highly suyprised if it was one of his bullets that dealt the killing blows.
agreed.
I saw an interesting documentary recently the upshot of which was that one of the secret servicemen in the car behind JFKs accidently shot the president and that's why it was all covered up...

Prof Mango B Coconut

Post by Prof Mango B Coconut » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Lee Harvey Oswald.

I think at least one of the problems with such big events is human nature. Nobody wants to be responsible for the tragedy and so you have these big exercises in ass-covering whereby everybody tries to avoid blame, which in turn leads to lots of inconsistencies and that in turn conspiracy theories.

If there was a conspiracy, though, it was Oswald's to murder JFK.
Suppose you were an idiot; suppose also that you were an XBox One owner. But I repeat myself.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 pm

A pirate.
Going Solo...................

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:A pirate.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Apparently, Oswald was using a bolt action sniper rifle, and the amount of time it would take to reload after every shot, it would have been impossible for him to fire as fast as he did. No, he might have fired the first shot, but i reckon there was another sniper, who got off the shots successfully, as the first one supposedly missed.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:35 pm

The guy that killed lee harvey oswald

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:50 pm

flatapex wrote:The guy that killed lee harvey oswald
Well you see that's a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy theory. The events that led to Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV are subject to much debate. It does add weight to the patsy theory though.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:57 pm

gman72 wrote:
flatapex wrote:The guy that killed lee harvey oswald
Well you see that's a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy theory. The events that led to Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV are subject to much debate. It does add weight to the patsy theory though.
I concur. As i said, his shot supposedly missed. So, its more than likely that Jack Ruby got p1ssed that Oswald was inept at carrying out his 'mission'. But, there is another theory that Lyndon B Johnson had some part in it, or even ordered it.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:28 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Apparently, Oswald was using a bolt action sniper rifle, and the amount of time it would take to reload after every shot, it would have been impossible for him to fire as fast as he did. No, he might have fired the first shot, but i reckon there was another sniper, who got off the shots successfully, as the first one supposedly missed.
Jesse Ventura recreated it for a TV show and he couldn't fire the shots in time, never mind hit the target, never mind a moving target. Apparently Oswald would have had to have been the greatest rifleman of all time to have done it.

Even if we accept Oswald did it though, we can still consider a potential conspiracy to have JFK killed by other people, in a sense it doesn't really matter who pulled the trigger, it's who wanted him dead and why.

JFK was apparently planning on scaling back if not shutting down the CIA completely, he planned to print US Treasury notes as opposed Federal Reserve notes, and he supposedly wanted out of Vietnam, so lots of political motives. I also heard somewhere that the Kennedy family in general were not well liked and were considered outsiders and the black sheep of the US political establishment, so I'm sure he made a lot of enemies.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 pm

If America pulled out of Vietnam a whole bunch of big, big business and a whole lot of dollar gets lost, certain people within the US government were very, very concerned about this.