Play Blackpool, 3/4 May 14. Replay return to spiritual home!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ReplayRetro

Re: Play Blackpool, 3/4 May 14. Replay return to spiritual h

Post by ReplayRetro » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Gillers wrote:
ReplayRetro wrote:
Treguard wrote:This is on the weekend of my wifes birthday, what's the odds of me getting her to come with me...
how about a romantic getaway at the big blue hotel, you give her one day in blackpool that's all about her and then the other day is play day, seems fair to me
And thats how I will be getting my missus to foot half the hotel bill.
you're coming???? that makes it even more tricky, hmmmmm really dunno what to do, you staying in Bispham Premier again?
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Pacman 83

Post by Pacman 83 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Always loved the atmosphere at the Norbreck venue. Although Expo is bigger, I think that the Blackpool show has the edge. I'll be there 8)
Perfect Pac Man - Play Margate 22/08/2015
Highest Pac Man score of the golden age (1978-84)
3,221,000 19th June 1983

subzero

Post by subzero » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 am

Pacman 83 wrote:Always loved the atmosphere at the Norbreck venue. Although Expo is bigger, I think that the Blackpool show has the edge. I'll be there 8)

nice to hear Jon! will be good to meet you finally (if i can tear you away from chasing ghosts!)

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 am

Pacman 83 wrote:Always loved the atmosphere at the Norbreck venue. Although Expo is bigger, I think that the Blackpool show has the edge. I'll be there 8)
Yeah i think i'd agree with that, although like the Play Expo has done it would benefit from more sellers and improved food (i remember that horrible smelling corridor with rotten sausages :P )
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

subzero

Post by subzero » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:
Yeah i think i'd agree with that, although like the Play Expo has done it would benefit from more sellers and improved food (i remember that horrible smelling corridor with rotten sausages :P )
i liked the food the norbreck sold, and the chippy across from it was tasteh!!

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 pm

subzero wrote:the chippy across from it was tasteh!!
and that little greasy spoon with the breakfast baps! good lord they were special!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:15 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:
subzero wrote:the chippy across from it was tasteh!!
and that little greasy spoon with the breakfast baps! good lord they were special!

Special stuff..............

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:16 pm

I am thinking about finally going to one of these events. However I will need to bring Mrs Rocky and baby Rocky so it will not be a cheap weekend. I was thinking about staying Friday, Sat, Sun in the hotel. Has anyone else ever taken a young child to one of these (under 2) how did they react, was there enough space for the buggy,etc
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

subzero

Post by subzero » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:20 pm

rocky1980 wrote:I am thinking about finally going to one of these events. However I will need to bring Mrs Rocky and baby Rocky so it will not be a cheap weekend. I was thinking about staying Friday, Sat, Sun in the hotel. Has anyone else ever taken a young child to one of these (under 2) how did they react, was there enough space for the buggy,etc
tbh mate...not a good environment for a pram, go yerself....its wot im doin!!! :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 am

Do a Lone wolf and cub (Baby cart) cosplay..............

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 am

rocky1980 wrote:I am thinking about finally going to one of these events. However I will need to bring Mrs Rocky and baby Rocky so it will not be a cheap weekend. I was thinking about staying Friday, Sat, Sun in the hotel. Has anyone else ever taken a young child to one of these (under 2) how did they react, was there enough space for the buggy,etc
Dont see many prams at these events, fair bit of noise as well. If i was you i would try and get a 'pass' for that weekend ! Plus moving around the place with a pram will be a bit of a pain, plus i'm sure your missus will say 'can we go now' after 5 minutes !

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:10 pm

I did see people carrying babies in those chest hugger thingies. The Blackpool event is probably less baby friendly than the Manchester one though as there is no massive shopping center to send her to when she gets bored after half an hour!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:44 am

My girlfriend brought our 2 month old son to Replay 2011, though I can't remember if she had him in a pram or carrier?

As you can see he was not bothered about the noise :wink:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

We get quite a lot of people coming with children and babies in buggy's and they have never been a problem. There is plenty of other stuff to do in Blackpool on a bank holiday weekend too, so I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Thats good to hear, the wife and mini me have to come or I do no get to go. I should know mid Jan if I can deffo go or not
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image