When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: British Gas

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 am

Dirk Gently

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

These scum are indicitave of how revolutions have taken place. The kind of social revolution which ends up with many pigs strung off a telegraph pole. I truly hope many folk look at their accounts and desert these thieving shithounds.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:22 pm

What I hate about the power companies is complexity of the sodding bills they send.

NPower for instance sent me a bill for £90 a month for 6 months. Then they sent me a bill for £600. When I asked them how this could happen, I didn't get a satisfactory answer. After a further 3 months of investigation, it turns out even if you send them a meter reading every month, you never actually pay for the gas you use. it's always an averaged figure. I did ask if the price rises are therefore retrospective. i.e. if the prices go up 10% in november, in truth am i paying 10% more for gas I used in June or July? No answer came the solemn reply. I asked Npower time and time again, how my gas and electric bill was calculated, all I wanted to do was slot the details into a spreadsheet, and be able to understand. They couldn't do it. This was a year ago. So I switched to British Gas. They aren't cheap but once a month, and they are the only supplier I could find that do this, I go to the meter with my phone, and submit a meter reading and pay for the gas and electric I use. I really, truly, passionately, hate Npower.

I personally don't begrudge people getting high salaries. I also don't begrudge companies making a profit. What I do hate is the lack of clarity.

If i'm going to whinge, which whipping boy do I use? The Government, and their green taxes? The Government and their forcing the power companies to spend money on upgrading the infrastructure? (Why don't we get Tesco's to pay for a road-repair if this is the case?) The greedy power companies? The government and the power companies for their utter lack of foresight?

It is a ballsup.

The government is utterly incapable of making a decision. ooh, let's talk about a Big Society. Well, if that's what they want they should start by forcing the water companies, the rail service, the energy companies, to be totally clear, and not use every price-hike as political platform, but explain to the public in clear language what the problem is, and what's the best course of action to resolve it.

OOh we're going to get the French and Chinese to build a Nuclear Power Station. Why the hell aren't we building our own power stations? Why aren't we exporting expertise on building power stations to the French and Chinese? Is their any strategy at all for running this country? There isn't. We're pulled pillar to post but endless groups of toffy nosed, semi-intelligent (at best) liberal minded, ivory tower dwelling, idiots.

/rant.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Thats why im on a prepayment meter and am trying to get the parrot to start waring jumpers

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm with nPower (yeah, I know), and my meter readings ARE taken into consideration as I can see them calculated and referenced on the quarterly bill. I only pay what I'm billed. Monthly bills do tend to be less so afaik.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

James A

Post by James A » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

EON today our combined bill from July to October - £450, absolute jokers they've tried sending an estimated bill through as our actual. Non to happy and they will be getting the hair dryer treatment tomorrow swiftly followed by me leaving them. TW@ts!!!!!

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm

I have moved energy companies every time between renewals (when fixed price contracts have ended) as I like collecting Meercats.

I have been on NPower twice now, but have found their billing system the most complicated/confusing/bizarre, to the point even when I was on direct debit they were unable to take the last payment as direct debit and started sending me threatening letters for non payment - even though as I was on Direct Debit I thought everything would be automatic and I should not have to make any manual payments.

Currently on Scottish Power at £92 a month direct debit (£1104 per year for small 2 bed house with 1 person and a lot of computers living in it) - which has a far better and easier to understand billing system than NPower had. Will have to contact them though to find out how much extra it would cost to stay fixed on a new agreement (they dont say how much it would cost to change fixed agreements and just that people on a fixed agreement with them can move to a new fixed agreement with them without penalty) as the current fixed agreement runs out in January next year (after all these price hikes) and think you get charged to cancel early if you move supplier or don't get the cashback/deal offered.

It also not going to be long before the Gas meter clocks itself back to 0.
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't understand why you guy's bills are so high, after reading this thread it reminded me that the email came through the other day from SSE telling me my latest electric bill was due.. £67.92.. and that includes the last quarter which I forgot all about :oops:

My gas I pay for on a prepaid meter, so that is more than likely the case.. during winter I can easily stick £25-£30 a week on it..

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:01 pm

My current yearly bill with SSE is around £2000 - I've now jumped ship to EDF and should in theory be paying less that £1400 a year!

There are 8 of us, 5 bedrooms, 4 desktop gaming PC's, 2 laptops, 2 netbooks, 5 android phones, 1 iPhone, a Nexus 7, an Xbox360, a Wii-U AND a smart TV on a 120gig broadband :shock:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 pm

If the forum had a "WTF" button I'd be pressing it now :lol:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Yeah, I'd press it too :lol:

Although I will add that all of my kids have real friends, are not fat, eat proper meals at the dinner table in the dining room, go out to play, know what housework is, are polite and most of them can beat me when playing QuakeIII on our network :lol:

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:33 am

I actually meant the size of your bills not your family.. :lol:

edit: mind you, I've just worked out my average.. around £35 a quarter on electric, £30 on gas for about 16 weeks and around £10 a week for the other 36 weeks... comes out at £960 per year.. and I live alone, work 5 days a week.. I didn't think it would be that much when I added it all up :shock:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 pm

I thought you meant the amount of things online!!!! :lol: But yeah, when you add these things up - it is a big shock!