Random Niceness Plus (the free trade thread)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: Random Niceness Plus (the free trade thread)

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 pm

nokgod wrote:How can i deny you? :wink: Course you can mate. I'll get 'em posted at the weekend if that's ok as i'm pretty stacked this week?
Dude PM me your digits and I will post the Bioshock games next week if that's ok. Sorry to take so long but im skint until payday :oops:
and thanks to yourself and Shinobi for getting the thread moving. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:43 am

pm'ed mate...and no rush at all :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 pm

This is what is on offer in the thread at the moment.

From Shinobi.

360 Metro 2033 new just opened
Wii Cooking Mama 2
PS3 Resistance 2 promo full game
:D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Seeing no interest I will offer instead

360 A-Train 505 game supposed to be quite rare according to the 360 thread here.. If no interest in this in a week I may offer the last of my Gamecube games Carman Sandiego etc or something else to keep this thread going
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

@ nokgod. Sorry for the delay in posting your games but I'm flat broke till Friday(payday) will post out Saturday. :wink:

@ shinobi. Nice adds mate. I will take A Train off your hands please.
I shall replace with a lovely, mint copy of Front Mission 1st on the DS.

Last edited by gman72 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 pm

gman72 wrote:@ nokgod. Sorry for the delay in posting your games but I'm flat broke till Friday(payday) will post out Saturday. :wink:
No worries mate, i said there was no rush. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:19 pm

gman72 wrote:@ nokgod. Sorry for the delay in posting your games but I'm flat broke till Friday(payday) will post out Saturday. :wink:

Does that FM have english language option?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Black Ridge wrote:

Does that FM have english language option?
The thing with Front Mission 1st is that loads of the game text is in English anyway, even in the Japanese version. All of the dialog between characters is in Jap (but i've played a translated version and their conversations are utterly banal and actually pointless to the story) but all the story text and options etc are in English. More importantly all the stat information when comparing upgrade parts etc is always in English. This is the rarer version of the release that has a sound test in the opening options. :D

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

If i can find anything worthy of the thread I'll take it, if not, I'll leave it for someone else :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Will get A-Train posted tomorrow dude, got to say that Front Mission looks awesome!! Not a series I'm familiar with but does it play like Tactic's Ogre or Jeanne D'arc as in the single screen turned based RPG...
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Well its a strategy RPG with large, sprawling levels usually several screens wide and deep but you can scroll over the landscape rather than flick screen. Turn based isometric mech battling action. Between levels visit bars and shops and army bases in different towns to get play tips, recruit characters, upgrade mechs, battle in colloseums and buy/sell/upgrade parts for your mechs and pilots.
This version of Front Mission contains the original SNES classic in all its retro glory with all the lovely graphics and fantastic music included but also has a completely new campaign based on the SNES graphics and engine, two games in one then. Some new artwork and a few tweaks here and there make this the definitive version of one of my all time fave strategy RPGs ever. This is surpassed only by the rarer PSOne version which I own but is not for giving away :wink:
Blackridge has expressed an interest but has offered no replacement as yet so its still there for the taking. :D

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 am

The PS1 version you mention....is that Front Mission 3? I have that but never got around to playing it :oops: Sounds like i need to!

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 am

nokgod wrote:The PS1 version you mention....is that Front Mission 3? I have that but never got around to playing it :oops: Sounds like i need to!
FM3 is a must play, one of the best games on PS1 in my opinion.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 am

nokgod wrote:The PS1 version you mention....is that Front Mission 3? I have that but never got around to playing it :oops: Sounds like i need to!
Front Mission 3 is great but the PSOne game I was referring to is Front Mission1st. NTSC only released right at the end of the consoles lifespan. Basically the same as this DS cart I'm offering but no sound test. Top, top game. :D

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am

Oooooh! I likey soundy :D

Can I be cheeky and jump in any nab that then mate?

In return I'd offer a brand new and sealed copy of the great giana sisters, also on DS.