Random Niceness Plus (the free trade thread)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Shinobi

Re: Random Niceness Plus (the free trade thread)

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:20 am

gman72 wrote:Damm, gutted I missed that :(

MMMmmmmmmm cant help thinking that the Hori Fighting stick has been devalued slightly by offers of less desireibility... I should point out that if anyone offering an item is not happy with an offered replacement they should just say so and be up front about it and not shy. Were all friends in this thread and there's no reason that anyone should feel short changed... I'm just saying. :D
I wonder if some of the regular big contributors to thread can honestly say that they have not held back on items because they were worried that the replacements would be less desirable and would grind the thread to a halt but they felt compelled by politeness to accept them? If anyone ever feels like this just PM and I will sort it. :D
Not sure about anybody else but with exception of the Hori stick nothing in the thread nothing has interested me since Final Fantasy 13/2.. I do have several things that would go withing minutes I'd just rather hold them back until there's something I wanted.. Also I no longer own a PS3 and it seems to be a lot of PS3 games being offered... I thought about claiming the Hori stick just nowhere to put it
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:04 am

Fair enough, Shin. Sometimes it's those little acts of self sacrifice that launch the thread back into motion but as the creator of the thread I wouldnt ever expect anyone but myself to post stuff up just to get momentum. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:14 am

I am trying to think of something to spice the thread up a bit though and create a bit more motion and interest. Its tricky though. Maybe a retro quiz or competition with prizes dontated by myself and maybe a couple other generous types... but thats kind of moving away from the point of the thread though, right?
I know that if I was honest with myself I have a pile of quite desirable stuff that as a collector I want to own but will rarely if ever actually play and I could post some of that stuff here and probably wouldnt miss it and also I would run the chance of something better being posted in replacement, and I have done that before but it can be very hard especially if posting something just to get the thread moving without actually claiming anything in return. It can be a case of why should I? No-body else is.... but thats not strictly true, other people do do this.
Anyway, i'm rambling. If anyone has any ideas of something we may be able to do to spice the thread up, or if anyone thinks it's fine and should be left alone then please say so or give me your ideas. The thread is for all of us to get to play nice stuff safe in the knowledge that anything you contribute will lead to you getting something back at some point. When I look at my collection theres actually quite a few things I've gotten from this thread and that makes me happy :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:18 am

Treguard wrote:
gman72 wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yaiba-Ninja-Gai ... e+xbox+360

If its this then i'm in.
and will replace with a mint GTA V for 360. :D
That's the badger. PM me your address.
It'll be on it's way today.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 am

Many thanks, Tregaurd. Most generous :D

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 pm

gman72 wrote:I am trying to think of something to spice the thread up a bit though and create a bit more motion and interest. Its tricky though. Maybe a retro quiz or competition with prizes dontated by myself and maybe a couple other generous types... but thats kind of moving away from the point of the thread though, right?
I know that if I was honest with myself I have a pile of quite desirable stuff that as a collector I want to own but will rarely if ever actually play and I could post some of that stuff here and probably wouldnt miss it and also I would run the chance of something better being posted in replacement, and I have done that before but it can be very hard especially if posting something just to get the thread moving without actually claiming anything in return. It can be a case of why should I? No-body else is.... but thats not strictly true, other people do do this.
Anyway, i'm rambling. If anyone has any ideas of something we may be able to do to spice the thread up, or if anyone thinks it's fine and should be left alone then please say so or give me your ideas. The thread is for all of us to get to play nice stuff safe in the knowledge that anything you contribute will lead to you getting something back at some point. When I look at my collection theres actually quite a few things I've gotten from this thread and that makes me happy :D
One thing that I hope people know me for is to do with the social side, engaging people in getting involved and doing something because its fun rather than because its expensive etc.
The giveaway that sscott did was a prime example, if it was me then the colander on the video would be a prize :lol: I would do a tat giveaway or a random unkindness thread or a find something naff challenge, where everyone that signs up has to send something rubbish/worthless for a system someone owns, so for example if you have a snes you could get a copy of fifa, for c64 a really terrible game, spectrum could be 'make a chip' for example, something where you look forward to see what worthless junk you end up with.

Aim would be for people to be joining for a laugh, maybe the recieved items could have the unboxing filmed?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:31 pm

I will replace the two God of War games as soon as I have something else. Problem is that I've pretty much got rid of everything I'm willing to let go and the most recent batch of spares was all sold on ebay to recoup some of the recent outgoings I've had. What I'm saying is that I haven't forgotten about swapping out but I just can't at the moment.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Megamixer wrote:I will replace the two God of War games as soon as I have something else. Problem is that I've pretty much got rid of everything I'm willing to let go and the most recent batch of spares was all sold on ebay to recoup some of the recent outgoings I've had. What I'm saying is that I haven't forgotten about swapping out but I just can't at the moment.
Neither you nor anyone else is under any obligation to replace anything that languishes within the thread, not everyone has the means or opportunity. I bug people to swap out as. often as they are able to but fully understand that may not be too often. Point being you don't have to explain yourself, you are a regular and valued user of the thread and I know you will do what you can when you can. 8)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:21 pm

gman72 wrote:
Megamixer wrote:I will replace the two God of War games as soon as I have something else. Problem is that I've pretty much got rid of everything I'm willing to let go and the most recent batch of spares was all sold on ebay to recoup some of the recent outgoings I've had. What I'm saying is that I haven't forgotten about swapping out but I just can't at the moment.
Neither you nor anyone else is under any obligation to replace anything that languishes within the thread, not everyone has the means or opportunity. I bug people to swap out as. often as they are able to but fully understand that may not be too often. Point being you don't have to explain yourself, you are a regular and valued user of the thread and I know you will do what you can when you can. 8)
Oh I know but like you, I'd like to to keep things moving and not leave items there that are stagnating :) . There's been a lot of good stuff offered up lately but I either have nothing of equal value to swap with or I've already got it. Case in point: Trev's offer of Tales of Graces F (can't believe that's still here) - I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat but typically I already have it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Will grab the Wii stick and offer a Wii Last Story normal edition as a replacement if suitable

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Nice replacement, shin. :D

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Shinobi wrote:Will grab the Wii stick and offer a Wii Last Story normal edition as a replacement if suitable
I'd say that's fine!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Picture uploaded I'm going to offer either Last Story or the 360 Ginga Force Jap 2d bullet hell shooter but region free.. The first game which is claimed I will pull the other game

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Very interested in The Last Story! Would Kirby: Power Paintbrush on DS be an adequate replacement? Fully boxed and in very good condition, though it's a Spanish version that I imported about a decade ago. All the menus and in-game text are in English though. I can take photos if you'd like?

If it's not a worthy replacement I'll reconsider/add to it!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Roo wrote:Very interested in The Last Story! Would Kirby: Power Paintbrush on DS be an adequate replacement? Fully boxed and in very good condition, though it's a Spanish version that I imported about a decade ago. All the menus and in-game text are in English though. I can take photos if you'd like?

If it's not a worthy replacement I'll reconsider/add to it!
I'm happy with that dude along as G is besides you've given loads to the thread.. Pm me your address and I will post Last Story out tomorrow it's in very good condition pal Last Story with instructions and I think Nintendo stars