Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 pm

stayAwhile wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:20 pm
I heard the next series will be 10 x 1 hour episodes that will form a serial how true this is I'm not sure but I'd love serialised stories to return but mabie as a 5 parter a 4 parter and a stand alone story that all form one big storie a bit like key from time and trial of a timelord
I believe it will be an hour for the first episode and then 50 mins for the rest. Wouldn't surprise me if it was also an hour for the last episode.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm

When they say serial, do they mean like the Bad Wolf arc that span the whole series?

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm
When they say serial, do they mean like the Bad Wolf arc that span the whole series?
I would assume so because 10 episodes for one long story with one enemy wouldn't be right for new who even classic who struggled over 6 parts sometimes my guess is we will get a key to time or trial of a timelord time story where it will be one big story with so many smaller adventures in but i'd guess the arc will be more akin to trial or key then it would to bad wolf e.c.t which were loose arcs
This guy are sick

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm

i Thought Capaldi finally clicked once they paired him with Bill - so a shame that ended after one series.

I think New Who does need an overhaul as it's gotten a bit stale overall. Don't know anything about Whittaker - so it will be my introduction to her. Chris Chibnall as new boss isn't filling me with good thoughts though - he's not done any Who so far that I thought was any better than average.

At least we wont have to look at those awful cog wheel titles anymore...
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

dste

Post by dste » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 pm

I'm not sure the series has ever had a really good, iconic logo. I think this one is a bit weak - some of the fan made ones I've seen down the years have been pretty decent though
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:23 am

Timothy Redux wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 pm
I'm not sure the series has ever had a really good, iconic logo. I think this one is a bit weak - some of the fan made ones I've seen down the years have been pretty decent though
the dimond and neon logos wher pretty iconic as well as the "classics range logo" but in terms of new series i liked the oval logo and the tardis DW logo was good too
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:20 am

I presume that people saw the short trailer.

Seemed OK, obviously trying to keep things secret.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Yeah, I would guess the monsters are being saved for the next trailer to really hype up the series come premiere week. This short trailer was more "Hey, look at the locations we're going to that'll act as different planets!" kind of reveal. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Haven't really watched Who 'properly' since Davison. Colin Baker didn't really fit and whilst really put the effort in, the scripts weren't up to much. Have I missed much since then? Well, there are so many Tom Baker, Pertwee and Troughton classics to get through that there is no need to watch any newer stuff. Am I missing anything? Does any new Who compare with Genesis, Fang Rock or Daemons?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"