Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by dste » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Bradly Walsh finally confirmed as a companion alongside two former Hollyoaks actors Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:43 am

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-w ... -the-north

If you live up North you can apply for tickets to see the Christmas special before it airs, though not Newcastle as that is where I have applied for. :D

Main thing is that they are not going to show the final few minutes so presumably the regeneration has been chopped off the end.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

All of those locations are in the south of the country. Good job I don't want to watch an edited down version. We'll, that and the fact Chrimbo specials are usually a bit naff.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 am

hrimbo specials are usually a bit naff.
I second that
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm

dste wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:43 am
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-w ... -the-north

If you live up North you can apply for tickets to see the Christmas special before it airs, though not Newcastle as that is where I have applied for. :D

Main thing is that they are not going to show the final few minutes so presumably the regeneration has been chopped off the end.
does that mean theres some sort of shock regeneration possibly linking to bill hartnells regeneration? or perhaps(and this is a bit far fetched but its dr who after all) it's going to set up an alternate timeline of the 1st dr so he regenarates to someone else for a spin off series(though I doubt that would work)
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 pm

stayAwhile wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
does that mean theres some sort of shock regeneration possibly linking to bill hartnells regeneration? or perhaps(and this is a bit far fetched but its dr who after all) it's going to set up an alternate timeline of the 1st dr so he regenarates to someone else for a spin off series(though I doubt that would work)
Or it's most likely so that someone doesn't sneak a recording of it and slap it on Youtube before Christmas Day.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 pm

dste wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 pm
stayAwhile wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Or it's most likely so that someone doesn't sneak a recording of it and slap it on Youtube before Christmas Day.
true but idiots who do that would just as easy do it if it was a clip of the first doctor saying "you've redecorated ... I don't like it" (and for the record if that line is in the special I haven't yet seen it but its a common line used in doctor who)
This guy are sick

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am

Got to see this last at Mediacity last night.

They took all our phones off us & did the full airport security metal detector thing then had someone with night vision goggles watching the audience!!

Not going to say anything about the actual show, but sad to see Capaldi go, he's been an excellent Doctor. I'm looking forward to being able to discuss the episode on line next week.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

dste

Post by dste » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm

I didn't get tickets to the Newcastle showing. :(
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:26 pm

the_hawk wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am
Got to see this last at Mediacity last night.

They took all our phones off us & did the full airport security metal detector thing then had someone with night vision goggles watching the audience!!

Not going to say anything about the actual show, but sad to see Capaldi go, he's been an excellent Doctor. I'm looking forward to being able to discuss the episode on line next week.
with regards to that are we having a 24 hour rule or anything about discussion or will it be a case of this thread is the only thred you can talk about it in? I won't be watching till at least boxing day night looking forward to it though I find you always get a semi decent view of the new actor from the regen scene although I was a bit unsure about matt as I thought his post regeneration lines were a bit naff but david and peter got the thumbs up straight away and matt had a great piliot episode.

I still fear that the female doctor will be some sort of SJW thing that will hijack episodes I mean we get it theres transgender and equal rights and lets be hounest most if not all doctor who fans aren't dicks about it we are understanding so we don't need it tpo hijack the show I hope i'm wrong but even if Jodie wins me over that costume is still terrible but I guess coming from peters wardrobe it was a hard one to follow.
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm

I really liked the episode.

Liked how they incorporated Hartnell's regeneration, how subtle Gatiss was, how there was no enemy. Really sad that Capaldi has left but looking forward to Whittaker taking over.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:20 pm

dste wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Liked how they incorporated Hartnell's regeneration, how subtle Gatiss was, how there was no enemy. Really sad that Capaldi has left but looking forward to Whittaker taking over.
Whittikers post regneration performce was the weakest one i've seen yet and her costume is really bad so i hope those arent signs of things to come but we will have to wait and see.

I sort of want Jodie to have a story now with the second doctor mabie plugging the gap between the war games and spearhead from space aka season 6b.

I heard the next series will be 10 x 1 hour episodes that will form a serial how true this is I'm not sure but I'd love serialised stories to return but mabie as a 5 parter a 4 parter and a stand alone story that all form one big storie a bit like key from time and trial of a timelord
This guy are sick

merman

Post by merman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 pm

dste wrote:

Agreed. And the special FX really shone for me, especially the snowflakes and glass women. The best touch though was Whittaker's reflection in the monitor...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 am

merman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 pm
dste wrote:

Agreed. And the special FX really shone for me, especially the snowflakes and glass women. The best touch though was Whittaker's reflection in the monitor...
Still not convinced with her acting though that said I've not liked her in anything I've seen her in but who knows this might be the one role she can surprise me in.

i know you cant tell too much from a post regeneration scene as they all tend to come off as a bit iffy but this one just felt like a mish mash of old ones.

I hope if the story is going to revolve around the doctor being female it wont just be SJW trans-rights stuff as that A isn't needed at all as doctor who fans tend to be very accepting anyway and B the series needs to be about the character we know not a whole new character I mean i think the doctor stand for everything rights anyway he/she is a sort of don't dream it be it character who tells you to go forward in your beliefs and prove to me that i have not been mistaken in mine.

the costume though oh god the only thing worse is colin bakers clown suit
This guy are sick

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:24 pm

I can't confess to being a fan of Capaldi at first , but I think that was weak use of a good actor. I preferred the latter two series. As for the christmas episode , I actually thought it was sensitively and humorously done and actually made me regret the departure of Capaldi even more. Probably won't rush to watch the new girl - simply astonished that an actress so poor has been chosen. No objection to gender differences , just quality of actress chosen. Shame really.