'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by koopa42 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:17 pm

theantmeister wrote:
RetroRevival wrote:WOW, you lot must be really bored in here....

Its a advert FFS! Move on with your lives :wink:
I come here to read about and discuss retro games. I don't see why I should have to keep seeing some elven tart with her tits hanging out on every page refresh.
That's why I only use corpsie's face and not the whole pic

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by Rayne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Can't believe people are moaning about a semi-sexual ad. Get a life :|
Image

User avatar
theantmeister
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by theantmeister » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Rayne wrote:Can't believe people are moaning about a semi-sexual ad. Get a life :|
I can't believe people are defending some tacky ad for some free-to-play bullplop. :P

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by Rayne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 pm

theantmeister wrote:
Rayne wrote:Can't believe people are moaning about a semi-sexual ad. Get a life :|
I can't believe people are defending some tacky ad for some free-to-play bullplop. :P
No argument that it's tacky, sexist and cheap. I just think that of all the many, many things out there on the internet (not to mention regular TV ads, mainstream music, etc) there must surely be better things to get up and complain about. No? :)
Image

User avatar
paranoid marvin
Posts: 14272
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: 21st Century Earth

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:53 pm

If it was a banner showing a hunky male with 'female only' would I be offended? No, I would just pay no interest to it. Which is what I would imagine most females will do with this ad. It is quite tacky though, a bit like the adult phoneline sections that used to appear in RG, and I'm sure that there are more acceptable (and more appropriate) ads for a family-friendly site.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

flatapex
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by flatapex » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Well I've seen it, typical male gamer stereotype, less sexist, more plain naff
Image

User avatar
theantmeister
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by theantmeister » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Rayne wrote:
theantmeister wrote:
Rayne wrote:Can't believe people are moaning about a semi-sexual ad. Get a life :|
I can't believe people are defending some tacky ad for some free-to-play bullplop. :P
No argument that it's tacky, sexist and cheap. I just think that of all the many, many things out there on the internet (not to mention regular TV ads, mainstream music, etc) there must surely be better things to get up and complain about. No? :)
Agreed!

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 pm

koopa42 wrote:
theantmeister wrote:I come here to read about and discuss retro games. I don't see why I should have to keep seeing some elven tart with her tits hanging out on every page refresh.
That's why I only use corpsie's face and not the whole pic
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
junkmale
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Belfast,UK
Contact:

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by junkmale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:24 am

On reading most of the comments here one thing that has struck me is the rather surprising ignorance of what the term 'sexist' actually means.

To clarify -

1. The wording on the advertisement is sexist.
2. The CGI picture is not.

RetroRevival
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 am

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by RetroRevival » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 am

Can anyone link me to a picture of the ad?

I did not see it in the first instance and want to see what this muppet is complaining about.
Last edited by RetroRevival on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by koopa42 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 am

RetroRevival wrote:Can anyone link me to a picture of the ad?

I did not see it in the first instance and want to see what this muppet is complaining about.

Image

RetroRevival
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 am

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by RetroRevival » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:29 am

That is truly disgusting. How a respected *cough* (sorry something in my throat) website such as this one could allow such filth to be shown on its pearly white and pure pages is beyond me.

I am taking action against this type of practice....it's simply not on, not on I tell ya.

I have already this morning placed a notice in my local Nisa convenience store, have started a petition in my road and have rounded up the neighborhood watch committee.

That should do for starters.....Don't worry Junkmale, we will together rid the world of all crass advertising....you and me against the tits!

User avatar
junkmale
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Belfast,UK
Contact:

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by junkmale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 am

I presume you didn't actually take the time to read my 8.24 then RR....sigh....


and name calling is particularly sad.

RetroRevival
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 am

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by RetroRevival » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 am

and name calling is particularly sad.
Although complaining about pixelated tits is not I presume?

LOL

User avatar
junkmale
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Belfast,UK
Contact:

Re: 'Sexist' banner in RG Forum header?

Post by junkmale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:43 am

Can you refer to where i have complained about the picture in the ad in any way shape or form?

It helps to actually read the post.

What a Muppet. LOL.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests