Unfunny comedians

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Unfunny comedians

Post by sscott » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm bored and haven't done a thread in months.
Anyway, as a starter...
Phil Jupitus, how is this man persistently on TV, he is absolutely unfunny and his unfunny jokes also last 30 seconds longer than they should anyway. He's sh1t on buzzocks and QI.
Go on then... :D

Scapegoat

Re: Unfunny comedians

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Jimmy Carr. I have more laughs when trimming my nasal hair.
HADDOCKEN!

Roo

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Jupitus...nah, not the best. He had a okayish cameo in Mike Bassett: England Manager, but that's about his only defense.

On the other hand, I feel that there's absolutely no defending anything involving James Corden. If you ask me, he's a useless, unfunny, money-grabbing censored. The BBC's overemphasis on his gut is downright horrible, but it's that outrageously censored sports quiz he used to have on Sky One that really pissed on my chips. Thank God he's more or less fucked off now, save for the odd cameo at Wimbledon, being a fanny.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Michael McIntyre, with his pacing up and down and "Have you ever noticed"? What a t-word he is.

Charlie Brooker, putting loads of adjectives before anything to make them funny. Antother t-word!

The whole cast of Mock The Week, especially the baldy one, can't even be bothered to know his name.

And... Jack Dee. USED to really like him, but the most recent thing I saw him in it was like he'd completely alienated 75% of the audience, talking about how when you have guests over in the spare room and they get up in the evening to go the toilet. Ho bloody ho ho ho.

And Frankie bloody Boyle as well. Let's call everyone a child abuser, that'd be a good laugh.

Thinking about it, the whole lot of them can just sod off. Except for Eddie Izzard.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm

sscott wrote:I'm bored and haven't done a thread in months.
Anyway, as a starter...
Phil Jupitus, how is this man persistently on TV, he is absolutely unfunny and his unfunny jokes also last 30 seconds longer than they should anyway. He's sh1t on buzzocks and QI.
Go on then... :D
Agreed 100%

Jo brand is another I can't stand, and although this may sound sexist - I can't think of a single female comedienne who is funny. There are a few in the US, like Tina Fey - now there's a funny woman!

Others that I find hilariously un-funny include :

Catherine Tate
James Corden - he has even had the audacity to do stand up :shock:
Frank Skinner
Al Murray
Billy Connelly
Tim Minchin
That dude that presents Don't Sweat The Small Stuff and the one who has his own radio show.

I can't stand Russell Howard either.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am

Ricky Gervasses, fat unfunny talentless tw@ that has given the world un-funny comedy

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:09 am

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Tim Minchin
This guy and Bill Baily are both frustrated musicians who are hopeless as comedians. At least Bill Baily is a decent comedy actor, he's hilarious in Black Books.

They both pale in comparison to Tom Green. That man is a comedy black hole.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 am

Ricky Gervais by a country mile is the worst, unfunnieast piece of crap out there, he's mile ahead of the second worst .... Frankie Boyle

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:35 am

Wow, there are some passionate people here with their dislike of unfunny comedians
Which is not a bad thing
May I suggest Alan Carr and Russell Brand please?

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 am

Russel Brand is another great shout. Carr has on occasion made me laugh ....... but rarely.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 am

Miranda.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:41 am

Johnathan Ross also

Why is that so called TV presenters think they can slide between different forms of entertainment automatically?

Swearing in the right context is funny - swearing to be coool is not

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 am

Oh, Oh another one

Sir Brucie!

I know he is not modern, but can someone please lead him into an empty field and shoot him

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 am

I don't think I've ever laughed at a Michael McIntyre 'joke'. Not one. Stewart Lee (someone I DO like although I'm sure there are those that don't) explains it best -> CLICK.

James Corden just seems to be popular by not caring that he is a fat annoying little t**t and that everyone still loves him from Gavin & Stacey.

Not being sexist at all, but I can't think of a single female comedienne I find funny.

And Jimmy Carr's face just scares me, how can you laugh when you're scared.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 am

Cant stand...

James Corden - just doesnt make me laugh, was a one hit wonder with Gavin and Stacey and has milked that ever since
Michael McIntyre - Does have some good jokes but i cant stand his silly voice he puts on
Billy Connolly - Used to like him but that Ken Bigley joke was so out of order, gone off him since then
Jack Dee - Used to LOVE Jack Dee, had a lot of his old videos but since the late 90's he doesnt seem to have done anything decent. Lead Balloon was very very average
Miranda - Urrrgh cant stand this woman. Unfunny, very odd, nah.

(Ones i do like are Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais (still dont get why Prinny hates him so much) and Russell Brand who is very clever and funny)